Author Topic: I want TRUMP to win  (Read 4353 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: I want TRUMP to win
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2018, 09:49:12 AM »

Pump gasoline prices are the lowest in almost two years.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2018, 05:29:37 PM »

Average prices at the pump have been trending upward over the past two years. 2018 began the year with a national average price of 2.19 which hasn't been seen since 2014. Today's average is 2.686. The very end of 2014 is when gas prices dramatically fell, and continued with a downward trend through the end of 2016. In 2017 they began a rising trend. However have the impression most Americans are satisfied if it stays anywhere under three dollars. AAA sourced graphs are below.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 05:34:59 PM by Jack »

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2018, 05:35:42 PM »
I can remember when I got out of the Marines, that I was a bit ticked off that 91 octane premium gas, that my turbocharged Talon needed, was over $1.50 a gallon.   :facepalm2:

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2018, 05:42:37 PM »
Tend to not even notice gas prices, because have to get gas no matter the price. Though back when it was hitting near four dollars, definitely noticed.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2018, 05:55:44 PM »
I don't worry too much about the price of fuel because my little 3 cylinder car uses bugger all.

If it gets too much more expensive I'll get an electric car like McDangly has.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2018, 06:21:11 PM »
Tend to not even notice gas prices, because have to get gas no matter the price. Though back when it was hitting near four dollars, definitely noticed.

Yeah, I suppose some do the same, but I can remember paying close to four dollars per gallon in the summer.
Now, understand, this does not really afffect me. I drive about three thousand miles per year these days, My wife drives much more - over twenty thousand miles per year. Certainly, she will trash out her fancy new car with low miles in short time.

We have to get gas, no matter the price, just nice to pay seventeen bucks instead of twenty eight buck to just top it off.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2018, 06:30:34 PM »
I don't worry too much about the price of fuel because my little 3 cylinder car uses bugger all.

... and you are OK with trying to continue to drive some little bugger all car? I have driven a few of those things. Can not think of the horror of driving around in a "car"  that has a motorcycle engine. I see some of those things running around town and there are no further words.

Sorry, pal. I drive a modest seven seater with every amenity that I can imagine at my fingertips. Oh and it doesn't bounce us around insanely when we travel.
It rides smoothly and it can go uphill if I need.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2018, 06:43:02 PM »
I can remember when I got out of the Marines, that I was a bit ticked off that 91 octane premium gas, that my turbocharged Talon needed, was over $1.50 a gallon.   :facepalm2:

Yup.

When I started driving there were still gas wars and I often paid around twenty cents per gallon. That was in seventy one, but imagine a few years later, not being able to find fuel for your fire breathing muscle car at all at any price, unless you go out to the airport and pay three times that eighty cent price for unleaded gas that no one wanted anyway. What do you do?
Retard the timing? Take the engine apart? Replace those expensive pistons?
Park it?

Nah. I went out to the airport as many of us did until things settled down and they had "unleaded" premium fuel available again. So paying three or five times the expected price was just the way it turned out in those days.

I miss my muscle cars even if they were not that great in some eyes.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 06:46:17 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2018, 07:02:39 PM »
Somewhere there is a memey thingy with college pics of Sinema (Democrat, won in Arizona) protesting this country and a burning flag in the background, then some bra only "hot pics" of her satirizing herself (I know I am reaching out there and will pay) and yet she is not questioned, but elected.

Unfortunately, the retired Air Force Colonel who served this country for twenty two years in the military was defeated.

No one won this day.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2018, 07:10:48 PM »

... and you are OK with trying to continue to drive some little bugger all car? I have driven a few of those things. Can not think of the horror of driving around in a "car"  that has a motorcycle engine. I see some of those things running around town and there are no further words.

Sorry, pal. I drive a modest seven seater with every amenity that I can imagine at my fingertips. Oh and it doesn't bounce us around insanely when we travel.
It rides smoothly and it can go uphill if I need.

My wife has the 7-seater, US built SUV. I drive it on family road trips. It's okay, but not a lot of fun. It has a lot more power than the dynamics of the car can handle.

My 3-cylinder car is immense fun. The only time I have any sort of misgivings about the car is when I look at the flimsy side doors and think just how dead I'm gonna be if some twat runs a red light and T-bones me.

Up a decent hill I do need to kick it back from 5th to 4th to 3rd, but it gets along more than okay. A lot of people who have cars with small engines either have automatic transmissions, or they don't know how the difference between driving a V8 and something with a lawnmower engine. Plenty of room inside for a couple of adults - even an oversized adult like myself, and a lanky teenager and a daughter who is above the 98th percentile on the height-for-age charts. It's a genuine family car. And plenty of boot (trunk) space as well.

It is a base model but has air con, a decent radio with buttons on the steering wheel, fog lights, remote electric adjustment on the side mirrors. That's all I need.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2018, 07:40:56 PM »
I was not talking about power or getting out of hand with itself, but comfort. Mine is actually quite nimble compared to many SUVs on the market and adequately powered so as to be quite drive-able.

And as I mentioned, mine is modest.  Two and a half tons, ten inch wide, tall tires, less than three hundred HP, six speed trans, plenty of room, cushy, quiet, lots of tech ... Comfortable.

I can not even imagine a situation where "It has a lot more power than the dynamics of the car can handle" would ever become a factor.
It is just a great all 'round, modest SUV. Nothing fancy (other than all the tech stuff anyone could want), just comfortable.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2018, 08:06:39 PM »

Average prices at the pump have been trending upward over the past two years. 2018 began the year with a national average price of 2.19 which hasn't been seen since 2014. Today's average is 2.686. The very end of 2014 is when gas prices dramatically fell, and continued with a downward trend through the end of 2016. In 2017 they began a rising trend. However have the impression most Americans are satisfied if it stays anywhere under three dollars. AAA sourced graphs are below.

Sorry, but your graphs did not show up when I first saw your post.

I paid $2.22 at the pump this afternoon. Not really reflected in your graphs. It has been a while since prices were so agreeable.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2018, 08:56:24 PM »

I paid $2.22 at the pump this afternoon. Not really reflected in your graphs. It has been a while since prices were so agreeable.

Still in the $2,75 range around here. :zombiefuck:   The lowest I remember paying is .77 when I first got a car in the 80s
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2018, 08:57:45 PM »

The graphs are based on national daily averages. State averages today range from 2.29 to 3.86. The national average today is 2.68. My state average today is 2.55, while the lowest price in my local area today is 2.24. Husband says I shouldn't buy the cheapest gas though.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 08:59:25 PM by Jack »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2018, 09:08:49 PM »

The graphs are based on national daily averages. State averages today range from 2.29 to 3.86. The national average today is 2.68. My state average today is 2.55, while the lowest price in my local area today is 2.24. Husband says I shouldn't buy the cheapest gas though.

It all gets tested here at least even before they let it off the boat.  The supply house I used to go to a shared a building with a company that did the testing and they went to the docks(only about a half mile away) and got samples right off the ships
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw