Educational

Author Topic: Progressives are morons BUT....  (Read 625 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Progressives are morons BUT....
« on: September 07, 2018, 11:14:04 AM »
That is right. IF you consider yourself a Progressives (as per the US definition or close) you are a moron.

That all said there are a lot of stupid people in the world and a lot of people with the best intentions and motivations that are just misled into believing Progressivism is the nicest, most moral and sweetest way to live your life. It is not and such people have been misled t the very minimum.

These salient and necessary points said. I find myself almost driven to gagging on the fact that I am agreeing in Principle with the Progressive Media.

Iron Fist from Netflix bases its world in that of the Marvel universe created back decades ago and reinvented in the 2010"s for consumption by the Netflix population.

Here is where things go south.

I am a man of a different generation to these Millennial and GenX Progressive morons. Growing up, I had no internet. Comics were a real big deal. For a social awkward kid, I learned lessons and followed stories and got role models from these fantastic superhuman freaks. Among them and definitely among my favourites were two ladies. They were essentially sidekicks to Luke Cage (Misty Knight - police detective with a superhuman tough arm) and Colleen Wing (good at martial arts).

Now here is where the craziest combinations hit the wall. Progressives want to change all existing superheroes to fit within the new Progressive narratives and agenda. "You like Spiderman as a white nerdy young man? Well you will like him so much more as a bisexual Puerto Rican-Black teenage boy....I mean won't you? NO!!! NO!!! FUCKING NO!!!! Well Thor HAS to be a Feminist Lady right? FUCK NO!!!!!!"

Now do I care that there is diversity in comics? Nope. I think it is great. I do not give a fuck. But make your own characters and make then believable and special and something for us to believe in. For example, Cable was a relatively new character back when I was reading comics but I honestly had no idea who Deadpool was. That will give you an idea. So if you are going to have a new character, have them as new and unique. Make them female or gay or black or having two penises or whatever Progressive stance you want but don't push it down our throats (especially if they have two penises).

But I honestly think the existing female characters developed in line with their arc and history is the key to opening up the market. The Progressive ideologues think this two because they thing that society is based on a Patriarchal hierarchy and  that Comic books are necessarily going to oppress female superheroes and that female characters are going to be both subservient and oppressed.

But now when I see Marvel interpretations of my favourite female characters and my hopes for new characters to be introduced I am sharing a space with people I fucking hate.

You cannot imagine how frustrating it is for me a person who 30+ years ago knew who Colleen Wing was and her motivations and her strengths and her weaknesses and how she succeeded NOT because she had near invulnerability nor the power of the Iron Fist but because she was resourceful and street smart and tough as nails and able to make sure she never bit off ore than she could chew yet somehow always manage to cover Iron Fist 5 ways to Sunday.

She was one of the main elements that held the plotline together for me. If there was no Colleen Wing molded into the storyline and fighting then there was NO storyline. Same with Misty in Luke Cage Storylines.

This was the chance for Marvel to paint them as they were in the 1970's and 80's. Sexy, big hair, attitude, tough, never taking a backwards step or doubting themselves, all cunning and resourceful, the damsel-opposite.
The Marvel screenplays and Netflix shows made them the Tough but vulnerable girlfriend with the heart of gold.
The Progressives wanted them the opposite of this. In fact I think if they though they could have got away with making them lesbian partners they would have called for that.

I am gagging at the fact that the Progressives are rightly saying that these ladies ought to be much more and not a girls together but girls doing it by themselves and facing down opposition by themselves. They should highlight their strengths more and the Iron Fist and Luke Cage focus should reduce........YEAH!!!!

Fucking annoying. Then they are saying Colleen should be the next Iron Fist. Fuck right off. No she shouldn't. He defeated a fucking proper Dragon in a mystical realm and became the Iron Fist and you think she should be a female Iron Fist because Wah it is not fair that there is no Iron Fist ladies and that she knows him so she should now have hos powers ,,,,,FUCK OFF WITH YOUR FEMINIST BULLSHIT!!!

But that is not to say that she ought not be more involved and take her place fighting side by side and winning out despite the fact that she is fighting side by side with a superhero despite the fact that she has NO superhero skills
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Progressives are morons BUT....
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 12:32:02 PM »
I have some progressive views, and, as far as I know, I'm not a moron.

I AM lazy however. There was no easily distilled point in this wall of text. Those who succeed
tend to be able to state succinctly.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 01:08:36 PM »

I AM lazy however. There was no easily distilled point in this wall of text. Those who succeed

This is is actually not correct. For example whilst castigating you for being terminally intellectually lazy, I have also answered your grievance about the wall of text to summarised that I had condensed 4 years of drama into a VERY digestible 35 sentences and that MOST ration members of this site would find this to be ultimately beneficial given that the alternative is to go through the labour o finding out this themselves.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 01:24:48 PM »
That is right. IF you consider yourself a Progressives (as per the US definition or close) you are a moron.

That all said there are a lot of stupid people in the world and a lot of people with the best intentions and motivations that are just misled into believing Progressivism is the nicest, most moral and sweetest way to live your life. It is not and such people have been misled t the very minimum.

These salient and necessary points said. I find myself almost driven to gagging on the fact that I am agreeing in Principle with the Progressive Media.

Iron Fist from Netflix bases its world in that of the Marvel universe created back decades ago and reinvented in the 2010"s for consumption by the Netflix population.

Here is where things go south.

I am a man of a different generation to these Millennial and GenX Progressive morons. Growing up, I had no internet. Comics were a real big deal. For a social awkward kid, I learned lessons and followed stories and got role models from these fantastic superhuman freaks. Among them and definitely among my favourites were two ladies. They were essentially sidekicks to Luke Cage (Misty Knight - police detective with a superhuman tough arm) and Colleen Wing (good at martial arts).

Now here is where the craziest combinations hit the wall. Progressives want to change all existing superheroes to fit within the new Progressive narratives and agenda. "You like Spiderman as a white nerdy young man? Well you will like him so much more as a bisexual Puerto Rican-Black teenage boy....I mean won't you? NO!!! NO!!! FUCKING NO!!!! Well Thor HAS to be a Feminist Lady right? FUCK NO!!!!!!"

Now do I care that there is diversity in comics? Nope. I think it is great. I do not give a fuck. But make your own characters and make then believable and special and something for us to believe in. For example, Cable was a relatively new character back when I was reading comics but I honestly had no idea who Deadpool was. That will give you an idea. So if you are going to have a new character, have them as new and unique. Make them female or gay or black or having two penises or whatever Progressive stance you want but don't push it down our throats (especially if they have two penises).

But I honestly think the existing female characters developed in line with their arc and history is the key to opening up the market. The Progressive ideologues think this two because they thing that society is based on a Patriarchal hierarchy and  that Comic books are necessarily going to oppress female superheroes and that female characters are going to be both subservient and oppressed.

But now when I see Marvel interpretations of my favourite female characters and my hopes for new characters to be introduced I am sharing a space with people I fucking hate.

You cannot imagine how frustrating it is for me a person who 30+ years ago knew who Colleen Wing was and her motivations and her strengths and her weaknesses and how she succeeded NOT because she had near invulnerability nor the power of the Iron Fist but because she was resourceful and street smart and tough as nails and able to make sure she never bit off ore than she could chew yet somehow always manage to cover Iron Fist 5 ways to Sunday.

She was one of the main elements that held the plotline together for me. If there was no Colleen Wing molded into the storyline and fighting then there was NO storyline. Same with Misty in Luke Cage Storylines.

This was the chance for Marvel to paint them as they were in the 1970's and 80's. Sexy, big hair, attitude, tough, never taking a backwards step or doubting themselves, all cunning and resourceful, the damsel-opposite.
The Marvel screenplays and Netflix shows made them the Tough but vulnerable girlfriend with the heart of gold.
The Progressives wanted them the opposite of this. In fact I think if they though they could have got away with making them lesbian partners they would have called for that.

I am gagging at the fact that the Progressives are rightly saying that these ladies ought to be much more and not a girls together but girls doing it by themselves and facing down opposition by themselves. They should highlight their strengths more and the Iron Fist and Luke Cage focus should reduce........YEAH!!!!

Fucking annoying. Then they are saying Colleen should be the next Iron Fist. Fuck right off. No she shouldn't. He defeated a fucking proper Dragon in a mystical realm and became the Iron Fist and you think she should be a female Iron Fist because Wah it is not fair that there is no Iron Fist ladies and that she knows him so she should now have hos powers ,,,,,FUCK OFF WITH YOUR FEMINIST BULLSHIT!!!

But that is not to say that she ought not be more involved and take her place fighting side by side and winning out despite the fact that she is fighting side by side with a superhero despite the fact that she has NO superhero skills

#Get woke, Go broke.

This situation will be self correcting in the long run because every time they do this, sales plummet.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 04:51:07 PM »
I just watched the movie "Rampage". Obviously The Rock was the star of the movie and the alpha.

The alpha criminal was a white female.

The Rock's sidekick was a genius. Also very principled and brave. Black female, of course.

There were two complete bitches in the movie. Both white males.

Still really enjoyed the movie, but I'm easily entertained as should be obvious by now. To be honest, if a movie is well made I couldn't care less whether the good guys and bad guys are black or white or Asian, male or female or trans. I'm not woke, I just really don't give a fuck.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 05:22:59 PM »
I just watched the movie "Rampage". Obviously The Rock was the star of the movie and the alpha.

The Rock you say?

I must check this out.  :zoinks:

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 05:36:08 PM »

The Rock you say?

I must check this out.  :zoinks:

He looks ridiculously bulked up for the role. He's supposed to be a primatologist. It's a fun movie.

I also saw "Infinity Wars". Not sure if it's an Avengers movie or a Guardians of the Galaxy movie or both. It was good too. The friction between Chris Pratt and Hemsworth was really well played.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 05:55:17 AM »

This is is actually not correct. For example whilst castigating you for being terminally intellectually lazy, I have also answered your grievance about the wall of text to summarised that I had condensed 4 years of drama into a VERY digestible 35 sentences and that MOST ration members of this site would find this to be ultimately beneficial given that the alternative is to go through the labour o finding out this themselves.

I'm sorry. Your LIFE doesn't deserve 35 fucking sentences. Not unless you started a world war.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 09:40:43 PM »
https://finance.nine.com.au/2018/09/10/11/44/nike-sales-surge-31-percent-after-kaepernick-campaign

Sales are up 31% at Nike.

This might wake other corporations up to the value of getting woke.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 05:12:32 AM »

I'm sorry. Your LIFE doesn't deserve 35 fucking sentences. Not unless you started a world war.

meh.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 07:06:56 AM »
Stocks are down. Sales are up. Investors are jittery fuckers.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 04:48:31 PM »
Sales are up 31% at Nike.
Stupid people buying stuff to burn in protest. :laugh:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2018, 05:42:17 PM »
Doubt this is really going to hurt them, maybe in some red parts of the country, but they'll make it up in others.

That said, got some nice Nike stuff at the thrift store this past Friday.

Hopefully I'll score some more here in Trumplandia before this shit dies down.   :zoinks:

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 10:12:49 PM »

That said, got some nice Nike stuff at the thrift store this past Friday.

Not that I'm really into Nike stuff, but I could totally use new sneaks. Probably not worth staying in AZ for though.