Author Topic: Harry and Harry Jnr  (Read 334 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Harry and Harry Jnr
« on: September 07, 2018, 07:48:17 AM »
I like Huntsman Spiders. I always have. They hang out in in the house and teleport. That is to say they will never move when you are around and when you come back the next day they have suddenly appear motionless in another area of the house.

Whenever I get a Huntsman spider I name it Harry and walk by giving the spider a "G'day Harry". Very low maintenance pet.

However I have noticed in my room today a tiny little Huntsman. I have called him Harry Jnr.

He is not moving around that quickly or that far. Hope he lives and grows up as big as his old man.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
Re: Harry and Harry Jnr
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 08:06:36 AM »
It sounds sweet that you like them, but I never liked spiders. I’m sure every Harry that comes by must appreciate your greetings. :)
:dog:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 08:51:13 AM »
That would drive my wife and daughter crazy :LOL:  They always want me to get rid of any spiders and think I'm nuts when I say they are just doing their jobs of keeping the house bug free.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 09:01:51 AM »
It sounds sweet that you like them, but I never liked spiders. I’m sure every Harry that comes by must appreciate your greetings. :)

I was a weird kid. I am sure most of us were. (I DO mean that literally. I remember myself as an Autistic kid growing up and have seen the same with my Autistic son). I remember playing with spiders all the time as a little fella. We lived close to the bush and got all the various breeds of spiders. My mother was terrified of spiders and learned quickly that whilst she was screaming blue murder I was happy to calmly pick them up and remove them to where it was safe for them and leave a breathless Mother exasperated. She realised too, my lack of fear was not a good thing. She charged me to study them and to discern which were the poisonous ones and which were the non-poisonous and that I could continue manhandling them IF they were not poisonous BUT I MUST kill them if they were poisonous.

I still remember when I had not long been studying and she screamed there was a spider I came over and got down on my knees to study it.
"IS IT POISONOUS!"
"Well it has really pointy legs like a red back but no red stripe"
"Then kill it"
"But it might not be a red back. But it must be of the same genus because it is so similar"
"What is it?"
"I dunno? A Black widow"
"A BLACK WIDOW"
"Yeah it can't be, because they only live in America"
"Kill it!"
"Yeah It HAS to be a juvenile red back"
**STOMP**
"Is it dead?"
"Well it isn't well, if its alive"

Took me a while.

I have not had great experiences with red backs not whitetails. In fact I still bear the scars of the white tail spider. But huntsman are pretty cool.

Keep down the mice population.

Go Harry!
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 10:16:04 AM »
^ Oh my god. :o Was that a picture you took??

I can’t blame your mother for feeling that way, especially when there were deadly spiders.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 10:17:40 AM by givvassapaand »
:dog:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 10:31:08 AM »
^ Oh my god. :o Was that a picture you took??

I can’t blame your mother for feeling that way, especially when there were deadly spiders.

No. Sorry. Harry junior is probably only 2 inches and Harry senior no more than 6 inches. Haven't seen Harry Senior for a while. My daughter said he must have teleported again. I hope he is okay. The neighbours cats wander in and out and I REALLY hope they have not eaten him. I accidentally killed a Harry one time. He was hiding in the doorjab for the bathroom and I closed the door.......so many years ago and I feel so guilty.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 12:32:58 PM »
I was sharing my room with a nice meaty spider recently, but he started to get a little too sexually aggressive for me.
I booted him outside.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 01:11:42 PM »
I was sharing my room with a nice meaty spider recently, but he started to get a little too sexually aggressive for me.
I booted him outside.

I dunno about sexually agressive but Huntsman in the warmer months do get aggressive and need to be booted. A redback recented decided to go me and I had time to turn him into jam.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 04:59:37 PM »
We had a smallish huntsman in the house for a while a couple of years ago. We called it Gordon. The big ones get put in a bucket and thrown outside. My mother used to pick them up with a broom and put them outside. I have seen people pick them up by hand and play with them or just throw them outside. They can bite but it is extremely rare that they will bite a human, even if the human deliberately aggravates them.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 10:11:29 PM »
In the five years I've been living in this two bedroom house, I haven't seen a Huntsman. Have seen a Daddy Long Legs though, in my bedroom not too long ago. It's not there now, don't know where it went.

Al, what happened with the white tail spider?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 07:36:05 PM »
In the five years I've been living in this two bedroom house, I haven't seen a Huntsman. Have seen a Daddy Long Legs though, in my bedroom not too long ago. It's not there now, don't know where it went.

Got bitten on the back. Never treated. scarring to this day. Very much reduced though purplish and lumpy. My fear is at one point it will go cancerous.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2018, 10:31:38 PM »
Who bit it? Surprised it lived.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2018, 03:52:38 AM »

Got bitten on the back. Never treated. scarring to this day. Very much reduced though purplish and lumpy. My fear is at one point it will go cancerous.
Yeah, definitely keep an eye on it. Or get others to if it's on a hard-to-see spot on your back.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae