Educational

Author Topic: 2018 College Football Thread.  (Read 638 times)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
Re: 2018 College Football Thread.
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2018, 08:18:41 PM »
I already got the basics.

When everyone stands up and cheers, that means something exciting is happening. If someone is running with the ball and the cheering keeps getting louder, that means running with the ball is good.

When everyone groans that means something bad just happened.

That's pretty much all you need to know to enjoy the game.

It's like cricket, the basics only seem basic when you've grown up with the game.

That sounds like most hot dates who just want to land herself a regular guy and will do whatever it takes to bag one.

"Oh! everyone is cheering, say YAY!"

:LMAO:

MOSW is even worse than Leonard watching his first Huskers game on TBBT.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 08:22:17 PM by Teh Ducks! »

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2018, 04:52:30 PM »
It was actually worse than that. Imagine if Penny and Leonard had all the same attributes as in the show except tha Penny was also a lot more intelligent and better educated than Leonard. No wonder my version of Penny went and married a rich banker.

In my defence I do understand the rules and the basics of all the major sports played in my own country. I'm just not all that interested in most of them.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2018, 09:04:30 PM »
It was actually worse than that.

Is there an echo in here?? It's almost as if I just said that.   ::)

Imagine if Penny and Leonard had all the same attributes as in the show except tha Penny was also a lot more intelligent and better educated than Leonard. No wonder my version of Penny went and married a rich banker.

:hahaha:

In my defence I do understand the rules and the basics of all the major sports played in my own country. I'm just not all that interested in most of them.

Swing and a miss!!!   :facepalm2:

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2018, 09:09:52 PM »
^I'm quite proud that I got the golf analogy. That's the sport where you hit the little ball with the long stick and try to get the little ball in the hold.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2018, 11:09:33 PM »
^I'm quite proud that I got the golf analogy. That's the sport where you hit the little ball with the long stick and try to get the little ball in the hold.

It's an infuriating sport.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2018, 12:07:59 AM »

I have played golf, a long time ago. I am okay at putting but not so good at the larger movements. I don't have the gross motor skills.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2018, 11:10:11 AM »

I have played golf, a long time ago. I am okay at putting but not so good at the larger movements. I don't have the gross motor skills.

I play every now and then. My motor skills are fairly rubbish but like you, I am a decent putter.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2018, 07:51:10 PM »
My stepdad is 76 and still plays golf four or five times a week. My mum likes that because she gets a fair bit of alone time.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2018, 03:18:11 PM »
After a shaky start of 1st quarter, the Ducks easily put away Bowling Green U. Final score 58-24

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2018/09/oregon_ducks_football_bowling.html

GO DUCKS!!!

:2thumbsup:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2018, 03:24:31 PM »
In related news, the Traitor Taggart (PTUI!, one must always spit when mentioning the traitors name) got his just deserts as his FSU Seminoles got stomped by Virginia Tech, 24-3.   :hahaha:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/florida-state-vs-virginia-tech-score-no-20-hokies-cruise-past-sloppy-no-19-seminoles/

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2018, 03:45:21 PM »
In related news, the Traitor Taggart (PTUI!, one must always spit when mentioning the traitors name) got his just deserts as his FSU Seminoles got stomped by Virginia Tech, 24-3.   :hahaha:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/florida-state-vs-virginia-tech-score-no-20-hokies-cruise-past-sloppy-no-19-seminoles/
Always fun to watch karma in action.

Hook 'em Horns!

:2thumbsup:

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2018, 05:52:29 AM »
The most popular sports teams in the US, state by state, are college football teams.

Number of states won: NCAA football (19), NFL (13), MLB (10), NCAA men's basketball (4), NBA (2), NCAA women's basketball (1), NHL (1)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/picking-every-state’s-most-popular-sports-team/ss-BBMCOIn?ocid=spartanntp

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2018, 07:31:24 PM »
Well, the Ducks are now 3-0 and ranked #20 in the nation.

However, tomorrow they play #9 ranked Stanford.

Luckily, they get to play at home but chances are they are going to get creamed.

I guess if they lose by less than 21 points you can call that a victory??   :dunno:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2018, 07:35:45 PM »
Not to mention that we lost a good wide receiver because he was ARRESTED FOR A HOME INVASION ROBBERY!!   :o   :o   :o

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/09/21/former-oregon-ducks-football-player-charged-norwalk-home-invasion/

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2018, 02:07:40 PM »
Godmotherfuckingdamnit!!!   :tantrum:

The Ducks had the Cardinal beat then they pissed away their lead last minute and let it go into overtime.

They lost 38-31 despite having outplayed the Cardinal for the whole game.

The Ducks put up 500 yards of offense vs Stanford's 380.   :grrr: