Educational

Author Topic: No Spanking Laws  (Read 10497 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: No Spanking Laws
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 02:15:26 PM »
How old would the child have to be before you spanked it? Why would you spank it?
how can i speak for every parent.  how can i make up an age?
its a common sense thing.  and each parent knows their child better than the government.

One would think that the parents would defend their kids, then, instead of having the government do it for them. For not so long time ago, an autistic kid who "didn't listen to his parents" because the instructions were overly verbal could count on being spanked regularly.

Does someone still think this is the right thing to do?

i don't understand what you ae saying.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 02:22:55 PM »
Perfectly simple: for some years ago, it was considered to be perfectly OK to spank a child that wouldn't listen to his parents. Many autistic kids have problems following overly verbal instructions so they won't do what they're told. Is it right to spank a kid that isn't able to follow your instructions?

Or consider an autie kid having a public meltdown. Would you spank that kid? Lots of parents would because they don't know better.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 02:23:11 PM »
what about spanking  your partners?  :eyebrows:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 02:25:19 PM »
Perfectly simple: for some years ago, it was considered to be perfectly OK to spank a child that wouldn't listen to his parents. Many autistic kids have problems following overly verbal instructions so they won't do what they're told. Is it right to spank a kid that isn't able to follow your instructions?

Or consider an autie kid having a public meltdown. Would you spank that kid? Lots of parents would because they don't know better.

autistic children, it is said, have a high pain threshhold.
what stupid parents to continue to spank a child, as punishment, when the child barely responds to that stimuli.
restrict them from their special interest.

see how common sense parenting works?
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 02:29:01 PM »
How old would the child have to be before you spanked it? Why would you spank it?
how can i speak for every parent.  how can i make up an age?
its a common sense thing.  and each parent knows their child better than the government.

One would think that the parents would defend their kids, then, instead of having the government do it for them. For not so long time ago, an autistic kid who "didn't listen to his parents" because the instructions were overly verbal could count on being spanked regularly.

Does someone still think this is the right thing to do?

I do.  I have spanked my daughter before and I think it was the right thing to do under the circumstances.

She used to run out into traffic suddenly and unpredictably and my husband and I had to break that bad habit before she was hit by a car.

The other time I had spanked her was to enforce her going to time-out when she was sent there.  

If she refused to go to time-out, I would ask her, "Do you want to go to time-out with a spanking or no spanking?"

Litigious

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2007, 02:38:47 PM »
I do.  I have spanked my daughter before and I think it was the right thing to do under the circumstances.

She used to run out into traffic suddenly and unpredictably and my husband and I had to break that bad habit before she was hit by a car.

The other time I had spanked her was to enforce her going to time-out when she was sent there.  

If she refused to go to time-out, I would ask her, "Do you want to go to time-out with a spanking or no spanking?"

You can't speak with most Swedes about this. I'm one of the few exceptions. Everything should be solved with no-violence according to the "Swedish model"--but experience has shown that everybody just can't be talked into sense about everything.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2007, 02:43:05 PM »

I have not spanked my daughter while she was having a meltdown, but I have physically restrained her to keep her from hurting anyone.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2007, 02:44:22 PM »
You can't speak with most Swedes about this. I'm one of the few exceptions. Everything should be solved with no-violence according to the "Swedish model"--but experience has shown that everybody just can't be talked into sense about everything.

I noticed, but God knows I've tried to, with you.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 03:02:20 PM »

How about spanking your parents?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 03:08:06 PM »

How about spanking your parents?
How about spanking your monkey?
Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2007, 03:17:31 PM »
:LMAO:

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2007, 04:09:02 PM »
These is a age old question.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2007, 04:25:43 PM »
These is a age old question.

Spanking your monkey?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2007, 04:46:52 PM »
Guardian of the Empire

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2007, 04:55:02 PM »

- Albert Einstein