Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
SIGS
« on: July 25, 2018, 09:24:42 AM »
Maybe it's just me - but Sigs that look like posts (same format ect) or that are beyond a line or so end up looking like a person
is just pasting the same crap on every single post. A great way to NOT make it through my mental filter.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: SIGS
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 09:28:58 AM »
I'm not butthurt enough about anything yet to make a really awesome sig. Give me time.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 10:03:24 AM »
I'm not butthurt enough about anything yet to make a really awesome sig. Give me time.

Does one have to be butthurt to make long sigs? I have made long sigs for 11 years and I have not been butthurt and certainly not for 11 years. Only someone really dishonest or really, really stupid would even imply this to be the case. Wondering why you are?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 10:07:34 AM »
Maybe it's just me - but Sigs that look like posts (same format ect) or that are beyond a line or so end up looking like a person
is just pasting the same crap on every single post. A great way to NOT make it through my mental filter.

I actually do not pay attention to signatures. My own included. I do as you do and kind of mentally see around them. I usually leave my signatures up and forget about them and about what is in them. They generally stay up for a year or so and then I have something in mind to change them to. Like most things it tends to date pretty quickly and such. But it is what it is and I have no issue.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 04:22:08 PM »

I actually do not pay attention to signatures. My own included. I do as you do and kind of mentally see around them.

No. You missed my point. I see around everything people post, as it looks like they keep spamming the same thing everywhere.

Your current sig, though not long, appears to just say the same thing again and again, in every post - so even your
readable posts get filtered out.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 04:25:52 PM »
Don't mind signatures unless they're large images or have moving parts.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 04:44:31 PM »

I actually do not pay attention to signatures. My own included. I do as you do and kind of mentally see around them.

No. You missed my point. I see around everything people post, as it looks like they keep spamming the same thing everywhere.

Your current sig, though not long, appears to just say the same thing again and again, in every post - so even your

Oh Okay. Sad

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 05:55:43 PM »
I have the best signature ever. :hadron: Courtesy of the Weeble.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 05:57:01 PM »

I'm reacting quite similar to long sigs, I think.

And sigs in big bold coloured letters make me think the person is screaming all the time. DFG had that for a long time.

Sometimes a sig is that much too much that it makes it hard to take a person serious.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 06:03:44 PM »
As far as drama queen tactics go, the great big butthurt sig takes some beating.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2018, 11:41:22 PM »
I have the best signature ever. :hadron: Courtesy of the Weeble.  :zoinks:

It is pretty good. Definitely doesn't cause any problems.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 04:15:30 AM »
As far as drama queen tactics go, the great big butthurt sig takes some beating.

Not seen one and not sure I would pay attention if i saw one.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2018, 07:14:13 AM »
I blocked signatures since Zegh had that picture of a guy sitting on a tv. Seeing that in every one of his posts got to me.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 09:04:50 AM »
I blocked signatures since Zegh had that picture of a guy sitting on a tv. Seeing that in every one of his posts got to me.

Yeah. Moving GIFs also distract from whatever is said.

But, I'm okay with that. I figure that is the intention - that the sig is more important to them than communicating,
and some sigs are useful in telling who is who.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2018, 07:54:16 PM »
I prefer to just tell who people are by their avatars. Except for those who don't have one. *ahem*MOSW.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae