Educational

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 13169 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2018, 10:45:45 PM »
Devildriver-'copperhead road' LOVE this, just found it minutes ago.

Five Finger Death Punch-'blue on black'
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2018, 12:14:26 AM »
The dioom III soundtrack, ripped.

Currently the dark ambient 'vega processing' background.  The original doom series games were well ahead of their day IMO. but what doom, doom II and final doom, ultimate doom and user WAD files did for the originals, slick fucking grapics in doom III, and who the fuck wouldn't want to pack a chainsaw for a trip to hell if they were off to go demon-bashing :autism:

Thought for a military scif the doom movie, they did well, for backstory,  despite you just KNOWING its gonna get demon-ey pretty fucking quicktime though; although they shouldn't have had the marines in the  movie, fire a BFG through a wall, slagging a great chasm through metal and steel, leaving irradiated-looking molten glass dripping from the BFG plasma bolt impact site, and then the onlt other shot being to accompany the inevitable possessed squaddie 'how many rounds you got in the chamber' '(BFG guy, troop leader of a special ops team) to the last living member 'I  got one round', then blasting it straight past the  doom marine, when in the game, it rips everything or almost everything to shreds, and a BFG headshot is perfect in III for levelling say, an arch-vile,  or mancubus, so obviously, they should have showed off at least one uber-messy gibbing , its asking for it really including a Big Fuckin' Gun, in the movie, basically the biggest sodding beast of a weapon around in the original doom games, and have something like a 3-on one fight, where the demon massively outclasses all of the marines, messily dismembers one like a sadistic child pulling the legs off a  fly, only to beat the others senseless and send them reeling, then out it should have come, right in the face, and a body covered in a rain of boiling glass that used to be solid rock, not a bloody misfire, that sort of movie or game 'prop' isn't there for dialogue, its there for sticking it up someone's arse and painting hades a fetching eyeball shade of blue-green-red-white with chunky bits in there, or else just cutting straight through something big and ugly at the worst moments for there to be a big ugly critter looking to rip you anew.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2018, 02:58:24 PM »
Lots of Tangerine Dream in the van lately
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2018, 04:43:56 PM »
Lots of Tangerine Dream in the van lately

Not bad at all.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2018, 04:49:19 PM »
I can't stop watching this video of Blackfoot's Train Train. I have no idea why.   :dunno:      :dunno:      :dunno:

There must be some kind of subliminal messages in it the keep you watching it on a loop.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2018, 05:19:24 PM »
Heard I Will Survive at the bowling alley.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2018, 06:25:13 AM »
In my car I will be listening to Metallica's black album.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2018, 08:35:20 PM »
I never listen to my own music in the car, except if I'm on a road trip and there are no stations for the car radio to pick up (yes, some of my road trips are like that).

I prefer to listen to current music on the radio. Keeps me from turning into one of those boring old farts who moans that current music is just noise and music was much better when I was young.

I will change the station, though, if they insist on repeatedly playing some really annoying song like "Shake it Off".
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2018, 09:05:06 PM »
I prefer to listen to current music on the radio. Keeps me from turning into one of those boring old farts who moans that current music is just noise and music was much better when I was young.

Actually, it's been scientifically proven that modern pop music sucks ass.

The millennial whoop.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2018, 09:22:16 PM »
Devildriver-'copperhead road' LOVE this, just found it minutes ago.

Five Finger Death Punch-'blue on black'

These are almost heretical remakes of good Southern Rock songs. Here are the much better originals.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2018, 09:49:30 PM »

Yes, I've read several scholarly articles on the subject.

I have always tried to listen to and enjoy current music. I will continue to do so until modern music becomes so bad that I can't stand listening to it any more.

I was a teenager in the late 70s and early 80s. There was some pretty bad music then as well.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2018, 08:47:55 PM »

Oh, the fuck you have! you're just saying that so you don't look as stupid as you are.   :hahaha:

I was a teenager in the late 70s and early 80s. There was some pretty bad music then as well.

Yes, that was when the record industry started to destroy true artistically based music and replace it with a bland, industrial product. Frank Zappa describes what happened to the industry in several interviews and even talked about it in his song Tinsel Town Rebellion.

In the early days of rock, company executives didn't understand the product that they were funding and as a result they were willing to take chances on some fairly experimental music. Some of the bands caught on and made money while others didn't. This didn't make the bean counters happy who weren't willing to take chances on a band that wouldn't give them a return on investment. The result was the beginning of professionally written, watered down, bland pop music that was guaranteed to at least break even. That started in the mid 70's.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2018, 06:28:48 AM »

Oh, the fuck you have! you're just saying that so you don't look as stupid as you are.   :hahaha:

Yes, that was when the record industry started to destroy true artistically based music and replace it with a bland, industrial product. Frank Zappa describes what happened to the industry in several interviews and even talked about it in his song Tinsel Town Rebellion.

In the early days of rock, company executives didn't understand the product that they were funding and as a result they were willing to take chances on some fairly experimental music. Some of the bands caught on and made money while others didn't. This didn't make the bean counters happy who weren't willing to take chances on a band that wouldn't give them a return on investment. The result was the beginning of professionally written, watered down, bland pop music that was guaranteed to at least break even. That started in the mid 70's.

Well I obviously aren't as smart as you are Pappy. I haven't watched enough YouTube crap yet.

You sure are a funny fella.

I know all this shit, I've read it all before. It's like "hey, I sound just like my parents did when I was a teenager, but I've got science and shit to back it up".

I made up my mind a long time ago that I was never going to be one of those old twunts who moans about how crap contemporary music is. You know, like every generation of old twunts for the past bloody century. So far I've been successful in that aim. How 'bout you?

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2018, 07:25:37 AM »

Well I obviously aren't as smart as you are Pappy. I haven't watched enough YouTube crap yet.

You sure are a funny fella.

#1   :wanker:

I know all this shit, I've read it all before. It's like "hey, I sound just like my parents did when I was a teenager, but I've got science and shit to back it up".

#4    :wanker:

I made up my mind a long time ago that I was never going to be one of those old twunts who moans about how crap contemporary music is. You know, like every generation of old twunts for the past bloody century. So far I've been successful in that aim. How 'bout you?

#6   :wanker:

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2018, 07:44:10 AM »
I think there's a few kangaroos loose in the top paddock (#1).