Author Topic: Music you LOVE to HATE!  (Read 2855 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Music you LOVE to HATE!
« on: July 11, 2018, 01:15:17 PM »
Ok, here goes nothing.  Now I love music and my tastes are eclectic, classical, pop, rock, new age, jazz, folk and even country.  However, some tunes are either over played to death, insipid, vacuous, puerile and just plain monotonous weenie songs.  Now my caveat in starting this thread is this, to quote Dave Barry...."musical tastes are very subjective."

This is my first contribution.  I first heard it at an old job, where they played a local country POP station.  The kind of station that plays insipid, vacuous tunes about lost loves, trucks, dogs, getting drunk, loving my rifle rack type of crap.  And this tune came on every hour on the hour like clock work.  I hate this tune, as it sounds like the dude she's moaning about, definitely did better.

And I still hear it today, though not as often, Praise Cthulhu!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Music you LOVE to HATE!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 01:21:29 PM »
And one more before I go have some wine.  This is definitely brain worm materiel.  Another one that some stations love to play and the "store radio dj's" just love to love.  I started carrying earplugs at work just because of this tune.  I did hear that this "band" no longer exists.  But, this vomitrocious piece of merde lives on!

"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 02:46:01 PM »
^^ I actually kinda liked that one back in the day.

It had just come out and was being played on the radio a lot when my squadron went on a deployment to Yuma MCAS.

It was part of the soundtrack for our field op.

Here's another one.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 02:47:38 PM by Alex DeLarge »

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 03:27:02 PM »
As I said, "Music is subjective", but, thanks for posting yours!  She is your type of "babe"!   :P
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 05:56:29 PM by rock hound »

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 05:44:13 PM »
And this tune really makes me want to vomit.....last xmas, walmart played this every half hour with the female and male singer variations.  Hell on Earth!

The thing that made me chuckle was this FB meme

https://memegenerator.net/instance/66160961/romantic-mola-ram-last-christmas-i-gave-you-my-heart-you-chanted-kali-ma-and-it-burst-into-flames
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 08:17:26 PM by rock hound »

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 07:58:36 PM »
I hate that background music in stores that just sticks in your brain.

My head has been re-playing this shit for a week now.

Last time it was Elton John, and "Daniel".  That lasted for almost a month. :roar:

Dude at the dollar store that gets stuck working every holiday is awesome though. Went in there for the 4th..."White Christmas"..."Jingle Bells"
On Easter he had on Halloween music..."Monster Mash" etc.

I think he needs a raise. :laugh:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 08:04:27 PM »
I hate that background music in stores that just sticks in your brain.

My head has been re-playing this shit for a week now.

Last time it was Elton John, and "Daniel".  That lasted for almost a month. :roar:

Dude at the dollar store that gets stuck working every holiday is awesome though. Went in there for the 4th..."White Christmas"..."Jingle Bells"
On Easter he had on Halloween music..."Monster Mash" etc.

I think he needs a raise. :laugh:

I have not heard this one on an endless loop.  Maybe that's why I still like this tune...in small doses.  As for that dude......kudo's to him for going against the grain and for having imagination.  I hope he gets a BIG raise!   :laugh:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 08:13:18 PM »
For my final insult to music lovers everywhere....this little chestnut.  From a very cheesy movie, a very cheesy song.  Sung by the daughter of crooner Pat Boone.  This masterpiece of schlock, imho, holds the record for over exposure, overplayed and just plain done to death.  From the 70's...if people don't remember it........your lucky.  A major "hit" on the radio in that primitive pre-internet era.  Any radio station would play it over and over again and..if memory serves, one dj and station with a sick sense of humor did play it nonstop as a quasi protest against it for a 24 hour period.   Memory fails as to those names.  Anyway, hope your insulin shots are in order...cause here it comes.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 10:10:38 PM »
I like that Cardigans song as well.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 04:12:53 PM »
For my final insult to music lovers everywhere....this little chestnut.  From a very cheesy movie, a very cheesy song.  Sung by the daughter of crooner Pat Boone.  This masterpiece of schlock, imho, holds the record for over exposure, overplayed and just plain done to death.  From the 70's...if people don't remember it........your lucky.  A major "hit" on the radio in that primitive pre-internet era.  Any radio station would play it over and over again and..if memory serves, one dj and station with a sick sense of humor did play it nonstop as a quasi protest against it for a 24 hour period.   Memory fails as to those names.  Anyway, hope your insulin shots are in order...cause here it comes.

*shudders*
I remember that.

Not clicking that link.

I'll stick with the current loop.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 04:17:36 PM »

*shudders*
I remember that.

Not clicking that link.

Whenever I see duelling Banjos I think of you, Icequeen
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 04:23:40 PM »

Whenever I see duelling Banjos I think of you, Icequeen

How touching Al.

I have a special song that always reminds me of you too.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2018, 04:29:48 PM »
Now...where was I?

Anyone remember this little gem?

I remember screaming as a kid "turn it off, turn it off" from the backseat on car rides every time it came on.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 04:42:05 PM »
Now...where was I?

Anyone remember this little gem?

I remember screaming as a kid "turn it off, turn it off" from the backseat on car rides every time it came on.

The captain and toenail......they were divorced not long after.  And she became a vegas jazz singer.   I feel your pain.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018, 04:43:58 PM »

*shudders*
I remember that.

Not clicking that link.

No worries, this tune is the epitome of schlock shit!  And she, became the epitome of one hit wonder.