Poll

How did you come to Intensitysquared? (please elaborate if you can and are willing)

Through mention of I^2 on other aspie/autie forums (AFF, WP, et cetera)
Through mention of I^2 on other forums not geared mainly towards aspie/autie audiences (facebook, hobby forums, misc chatrooms, mental health forums, et cetera)
Through a search engine search (google, bing, et cetera)
Through a friend (IRL or online)
Other (please specify)

Author Topic: How did you get here?  (Read 5376 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: How did you get here?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2018, 11:29:47 PM »
I know a lot of people came here because of forum instability and drama of one sort or another... but there hasn't been significant interautieforum drama for half a decade, so I don't think that can be counted on to attract more people.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2018, 12:19:50 AM »
I don't mind the anything goes nature of I^2. Different forums have different structures and different ways of dealing with drama. And the attitude of simply letting drama run its course seems fine to me. It's interesting to interact with such a range of characters who would obviously get banned almost anywhere else. Drama just seems so petty when it's based around an arbitrary set of rules and who broke what rule and when and by how much.

I agree but something more than this. The Hierarchies of forums are problematic, as is the problems of rules meant to serve being misused as a weapon. I have seen too often forum admins on power trips, moderators being protected, popularity cliques turning on others, underhanded passive aggressiveness posed as being nice and underhanded PM baiting and such.

The more restricted you make a community the more easily the power can be corrupted and the more underhanded and subtle and poisonous the environment can turn.

Stripping away the hierarchical imbalances and rules and people get called into account. This it is very clever saying something catty or underhanded knowing the rules and your popularity will not only protect you but may expose the one you are antagonising to forum censoring or moderation or punishment? Remove those safe guards and you have a more vested interest in having to back yourself and stand unprotected. This of course goes both ways and the person you have an issue with has to do the same.

There is an honesty and genuineness there that appeals to me. It is also fair. Now people may talk about people leaving and frame it in being forced or having to go but I consider this people making choices. No one here can FORCE me to do anything. I am an adult and I own my actions. I have my own perspectives sure and my perspective may be different to others but I do not think that I am unable to be attacked nor unable to defend myself and am no victim. I do not think anyone here is.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2018, 02:49:09 PM »
First heard of I2 on WP, though once read if I couldn't stand the heat to stay out of the kitchen, and long assumed I probably couldn't stand the heat.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2018, 03:02:01 PM »
I was on Wrong Planet. Most of the people I talked to on there went to zOMG. Then sruff happened, we cried, and I ended up here, despite the warnings I couldn't handl it. Now nobody talks to me, so I come and go while dealing with health issues and contemplating life, the universe, and everything.

If it is any consolation, I USED to like you, but now you rate slightly above dog shit, with me. Not sure if that is a consolation.

I used to like you. Then something happened and you turned into a vicious cunt.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.

Offline Grey Area

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2018, 04:45:19 PM »
Some disparaging remarks I saw on either AFF or WP piqued my interest.
There are no atheists when the toilet water is rising.
:GA:  :trollskull: 

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2018, 12:54:39 AM »
I am dog shit. No wait...slightly above dog shit. :headbang2:

I guess it’s too bad that suicide attempt 18 months ago didn’t take. :dunno:
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2018, 09:41:33 PM »
I am dog shit. No wait...slightly above dog shit. :headbang2:

I guess it’s too bad that suicide attempt 18 months ago didn’t take. :dunno:

:(
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline mdagli1

• Constant Poster
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2018, 11:19:54 PM »
I came here to be killed so I didn't have to be prevented to doing it myself. But then I found out the aggressors here are a bunch of wusses, trying to justify their own miserable lives as an auti. At some level were are shit, doesn't mean we have be a shit.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2018, 12:36:32 AM »
I came here to be killed so I didn't have to be prevented to doing it myself. But then I found out the aggressors here are a bunch of wusses, trying to justify their own miserable lives as an auti. At some level were are shit, doesn't mean we have be a shit.

Well done. You almost made sense....almost
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2018, 05:36:17 AM »

I'm pretty sure it means I have to be shit.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2018, 12:27:36 PM »
The more important question is Where do I go from here?

Actually I don't care where I go.  This place seems as if it has been overtaken by spirited discussions between Les and odeon (alphabetical order not to show partiality or agreement with either side). 

Here's my first post 2/25/2010.

im not sure that i'm going to have what it takes to last on this forum. i like being nice and don't like it when people dont get along.  but i guess that even the weakest of the other guys need someone to jump on, so i guess its me.

my life is full of pretty much nothing.  lots of stuff i try to do just doesnt work out.  my mom and dad always said id be nothing thats why i picked weakling.  maybe ill toughn uup if i stay long enough and find out how to be nicely mean to people.  didnt some1 say that what kills you makes you strong or somthing?  im werd i know it

I'm out of here guys for a while.

NOTE:  This post was later edited by me because it was just plain nasty.  My apologies to odeon and Les (switched order to be fair.)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 07:28:53 PM by Queen Victoria »
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2018, 10:33:41 PM »
The more important question is Where do I go from here?

Actually I don't care where I go.  This place seems as if it has been overtaken by spirited discussions between Les and odeon (alphabetical order not to show partiality or agreement with either side). 

Here's my first post 2/25/2010.

im not sure that i'm going to have what it takes to last on this forum. i like being nice and don't like it when people dont get along.  but i guess that even the weakest of the other guys need someone to jump on, so i guess its me.

my life is full of pretty much nothing.  lots of stuff i try to do just doesnt work out.  my mom and dad always said id be nothing thats why i picked weakling.  maybe ill toughn uup if i stay long enough and find out how to be nicely mean to people.  didnt some1 say that what kills you makes you strong or somthing?  im werd i know it

I'm out of here guys for a while.

NOTE:  This post was later edited by me because it was just plain nasty.  My apologies to odeon and Les (switched order to be fair.)
That first post isn't at all like your writing style. Made me look at your old posts, wondering how long you posted like that. Only the first two days.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2018, 09:12:05 AM »
Two whole days?  Well, I was a late bloomer.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2018, 11:51:46 AM »
Two whole days?  Well, I was a late bloomer.

Please stay.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein