Author Topic: It's not just nostalgia, modern pop music scientifically sucks ass.  (Read 1695 times)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
I came across this video that explains scientific research into pop music from the 1950's to today.

The conclusion? Pop music had been going down in quality since the late 1960's.   :nerdy:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: It's not just nostalgia, modern pop music scientifically sucks ass.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 07:49:56 PM »
Its the same as they say in the worlds of chemistry and computing-garbage in, garbage out.

When you start with total shite, and it degenerates over time, what do you expect is going to come out of it, if not a humongous steaming torrent of pre-chewed, badly manufactured, plastic-coated vacuous, flatulent. verbal diarrhoea.

Also, what makes you think this was news? pop, R&B and (c)rap 'music' are the worst kinds of auditory pollution, vomited out by a pack of talentless entitled divas that could really benefit from being dipped in a bathtub full of molten sugar, wrapped in petrol soaked bog roll, lit on fire and flushed down an indian slum sewer in the middle of a heatwave.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 05:28:58 AM »
I like pop, RnB and rap. They are popular because they are well liked, and decent music. Well, rap lyrics can be pretty crude and offensive.

Metal and heavy metal though, that does sound like noise. It’s odd how the people who listen to that claim that most other music is crap, but hey.
:dog:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 09:47:28 AM »
Heh, well you nailed me on that one FWM. I'm definitely a metalhead, doom/symphonic doom and industrial being my thing, generally speaking. Although I've a few other more..eclectic..tastes, that aren't even remotely metal, I just seem to be wired for heavy music though on the whole. Pop, etc. actually makes me feel pretty uncomfortable, it really grates on my nerves. Same with R&B, my dislike for rap is different. Its just...ew. Black thugs talking shit about other black thugs, guns, whores and bitches and shallow, pretentious ostentation. Makes me think of what you'd get if one were to use genetic engineering to endow a rooster with the power of speech and given it the means to add a backing track of some sort. Only with less talk about drive-by shootings targeted at egg-thieving farmers, and much more about whores and crackheads etc. etc.

Its just crude, generally vile shite. And then you get the white rappers like eminem etc. who are kind of...well what you'd get if you could turn a coconut inside out :P

And  still noxious offensive cunts. Niggers/niggaz of a different color, is the rule, there might be exceptions but I've never heard one or heard of one. Not that I'm hugely likely to go looking or to want to find  it if I did, because I still couldn't stand it.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 11:51:03 AM »
Heh, well you nailed me on that one FWM. I'm definitely a metalhead, doom/symphonic doom and industrial being my thing, generally speaking. Although I've a few other more..eclectic..tastes, that aren't even remotely metal, I just seem to be wired for heavy music though on the whole. Pop, etc. actually makes me feel pretty uncomfortable, it really grates on my nerves. Same with R&B, my dislike for rap is different. Its just...ew.

Makes sense that you’d be one, I have noticed that pattern amongst metalheads. I haven’t known one metalhead who liked popular music.

Black thugs talking shit about other black thugs, guns, whores and bitches and shallow, pretentious ostentation. Makes me think of what you'd get if one were to use genetic engineering to endow a rooster with the power of speech and given it the means to add a backing track of some sort. Only with less talk about drive-by shootings targeted at egg-thieving farmers, and much more about whores and crackheads etc. etc.

:laugh:

Its just crude, generally vile shite. And then you get the white rappers like eminem etc. who are kind of...well what you'd get if you could turn a coconut inside out :P

And  still noxious offensive cunts. Niggers/niggaz of a different color, is the rule, there might be exceptions but I've never heard one or heard of one. Not that I'm hugely likely to go looking or to want to find  it if I did, because I still couldn't stand it.

I get what you mean about them being pretentious. They have this thing of being “real” and telling it like it is, but they are really up themselves and aren’t necessarily “real”. I dislike how sexist they often are too, and quite vulgar. Still, you have to give rappers like Eminem some credit such as for tunes like Stan?

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 03:25:20 PM »
Whilst I do not ordinarily listen to vile cock-snuffling wiggers like eminem, I do believe I have, worse luck on my part, had the dubious pleasure of hearing that particular sonic abortion, in my last spazz school.

Isn't that the one where the nasty little creature in question essentially spends the duration of the track screaming at his  mother about her being a fucking slut bitch piece of shit and how he'd like to fuck her up, etc. etc. ?

Oh. Wait, I guess that isn't really much detail considering it is a (c)rap 'song', if one were only to take out the word 'mother' and replace it with 'nigger', 'bitchez yo', 'motherfucker and/or motherfucking' 'whatever other gang the (c)rapper groups currently wants to drive-by the most' or 'hos', or 'insert ripoff-merchant crack dealer here' then it is more or  less the same pot full of toxic drivel, the only difference is the slack-jawed, slobbering mouth breather responsible for the crime of vomiting up their particular variation of the theme of niggers, bitches, fucking lots of hos; guns and drive-by shootings plus fuck shit ass bitch cunt and bastard, and you have there the entirety of the sum total of every rap 'song' ever shat.

And as for modern pop music, I bet a computer AI (or perhaps more of an 'AM', or artificial moron) could given a few basic formulas, replace human pop singers entirely. Hell a lot of the fuckers do it already and just mouth the fucking words whilst having a recording play when they perform 'live'.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 03:29:51 PM »
Err, no. It’s about an obsessed fan writing letters to Eminem and in the end he kills himself along with his pregnant girlfriend. It’s an awesome tune. At least listen to it before coming out with overly dismissive crap like that. >:(

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 03:40:06 PM »
Oh I thought it was about his mother. I've heard the track itself.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 04:01:30 PM »
Of course you have.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 04:39:42 PM »
I've heard  it. Are you calling me a liar?

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 05:29:35 PM »
The video makes an interesting point of the comfort of familiarity and repetition, and genuinely liking a song the first time ever hearing it. Thought about that, having a wow reaction to the first time ever hearing a song. Can't recall it happening very often in life, so maybe have been brainwashed all along for most all of it.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2018, 08:55:27 PM »
The video makes an interesting point of the comfort of familiarity and repetition, and genuinely liking a song the first time ever hearing it. Thought about that, having a wow reaction to the first time ever hearing a song. Can't recall it happening very often in life, so maybe have been brainwashed all along for most all of it.

:indeed:

I give you this earworm from the past.    :M

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2018, 09:05:21 PM »
Metal and heavy metal though, that does sound like noise.

A lot of heavy metal on sheet music looks just like classical music.

When Metallica made the album Master of Puppets, they studied Beethoven for several weeks.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2018, 09:59:55 PM »
Actually thats a style I really like, a crossover between doom/classical.

Here, two examples, from two bands both confusingly called Draconian,

This lot, less well known than the other, from colombia.

Draconian-Persefone.

And the well known band of the same name, from Sweden.

https://youtu.be/1Gy_rqZ2vtI?list=RD1Gy_rqZ2vtI Draconian-'The Amaranth' (first in a playlist of their stuff. They have consistently picked some really talented female vocalists, Especially some of the early ones such as susanne arvidsson and lisa johansson)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2018, 10:24:54 PM »
Metal and heavy metal though, that does sound like noise.

A lot of heavy metal on sheet music looks just like classical music.

When Metallica made the album Master of Puppets, they studied Beethoven for several weeks.

Metallica is far from typical Heavy Metal though. Their songs have discernible (to the average listener) lyrics and melodies and stuff.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass