Author Topic: Super Bowl: Perseverating Edition  (Read 688 times)

Online Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: Super Bowl: Perseverating Edition
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 09:14:47 PM »
Football is boring -__-

Says the baseball fan.  :lol1: You and I should watch hockey together. We could sit in the front row so we can bang on the glass and scream at the players when they get near us.  :zoinks:

I'll probably Sing O Canada off key.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 09:24:39 PM »
Football is boring -__-

Says the baseball fan.  :lol1: You and I should watch hockey together. We could sit in the front row so we can bang on the glass and scream at the players when they get near us.  :zoinks:
At first I thought you meant field hockey. That's the sort I'm used to. I have been to see ice hockey once though, quite a violent game.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 09:37:37 PM »
Meh. Bugger sport. Buggritall. Its just boring IMO.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2018, 10:08:20 PM »
Football is boring -__-

I'll probably Sing O Canada off key.

I'll probably eat greasy chili fries, drink warm beer, and puke in a trash can.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2018, 10:09:57 PM »
Football is boring -__-

At first I thought you meant field hockey. That's the sort I'm used to. I have been to see ice hockey once though, quite a violent game.

I've seen guys playing field hockey just messing around together, but I've never been to a real game.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2018, 10:37:27 PM »
People! This is about 'Merican Football.

GO DUCKS!!!

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2018, 11:16:19 PM »
Lol only screaming I've ever heard at a football match is one I got forced to go to with my first spazz school, the LFA one, against my will. Where they all started yelling 'THE REFEREE'S A WANKER!' at something  I had bugger all interest in, but admittedly, did laugh at that. No idea WHY he was a wanker, but I'll take the football fan's word for it that he was indeed a compulsive onanist :P it was amusing. And the look on the faces of the staff, having taken a load of LFA kanner's kids to the match was one of utter horror as a source of very, very loud foul language they could neither lie away as some other word, or hide. They just had to sit there and put up with it, and a whole lot of sets of two fingers and middle fingers being upraised and waved. Along with the odd yell of 'fucking nigger' from various parts of the crowd, presumably directed at black players. The funny part about that was the blatantly embarrassed and 'oh DAMN did we ever screw up picking THIS match to take the little spesh kids to' look. Especially when it came to echolalia in some of the kids :D

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2018, 11:30:31 PM »
And along with the monkey-chanting at black players, that was amongst the milder end of the profanities belted out in a continuous chant by fully half the fans, that they'd just taken their cargo of kanner's kids, some echolalic, to. The look on the staff's faces...it was fucking priceless when things like a yell of 'fuck-ing cu-unt fuck-in' cu-unt 'ees a fuckin 'cu-unt fucking cunt fucking cunt fucking twat'  started being howled at that ref :P They just didn't know what to do, not that they COULD do anything about it at all really, just sit there and look the other way whilst some of the kids joined in, some of them with worse still hahaha. In several languages, thanks to my generously donated time and linguistics knowledge. Everything from 'animal' and 'kill yourself' in klingonese, to abusive terms in latin, french, german, russian, polish and spanish passed along for the others to enjoy themselves with, those who were verbal at least, and the rest at least could join in the fun with profane finger gestures :)

(i'm nothing if not all inclusive when it comes to us auties and aspies, and especially happy to help those with few or no verbal abilities. And it seems that day, for once in my life, all inclusive when it came to helping to offend football players from all nationalities. I wasn't one of the ones being racist, but I made sure that pretty much any nationality got their share of autie-hurled terms of...well....I wouldn't call it endearment, put it that way :autism:

Online Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2018, 12:37:54 PM »
High school football is a different story though :-/

Especially when you knew at least 30% of the team

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2018, 12:48:32 PM »

I've known people in college football and even in the NFL.

It's not like they're teleported here from another planet, they all played high school football at one time too.   :M

Online Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2018, 12:55:02 PM »

I've known people in college football and even in the NFL.

It's not like they're teleported here from another planet, they all played high school football at one time too.   :M

They tried getting me to play, and I refused because I found it boring.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2018, 03:36:20 PM »

This particular Super Bowl was a fun game to watch.

I had no skin in this game, however. It was my two least favorite teams playing each other. Who cared who won, but I enjoyed watching the Patriots come to know that none of what they have done is so repeatable or as fucking easy as some made it seem to be.

I do watch American football, but mainly as a distraction.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Online Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2018, 10:46:11 PM »
Why couldn't Sarcastiball be a thing?

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2018, 09:00:36 AM »
What I was taken to see was english football, not american 'football', btw. And it wasn't the school-kids playing, they'd been taken to watch a team match at a big team. And for pretty much everybody supporting the to me, more or less indistinguishable sides, from bellowing abuse at the ref. Pretty much everybody who was both verbal and present, from or not from the school was piling in on that :P, afaik even some of the lfa NV autie and (/or) MR kids were joining in, just to have some fun, in ripping the piss out of the referee. And MOST of the fans looked like they were using things like bottles of water, beer bottles, handfuls of loose change to throw at ethnic minority (Black in other words) players. Some of the not so aware MR kids joined in that too.

In one way, that latter was not nice at all, although just from a sheer point of it being inclusive even of them, MR people who were not racist themselves did get for a rare time, to participate in something funny, and in principle that was a good thing, only the thing itself was bad. I'm still happy for the NV MR-LFA children that they had a chance to participate with a crowd, even if they did not realize what/why the things were being done), just because their voices are usually never heard, it was good to see them given a voice in and of itself.