Author Topic: In Interviews With 122 Rapists, Student Pursues Not-So-Simple Question: Why?  (Read 4310 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
I'm surprised the stats were that low tbh.

Considering that marital rape didn't even exist until quite recently, some women (and sometimes men) may not differentiate "rape" from "my spouse really wanted sex and I didn't, and my spouse won".

By modern standards, I technically raped my ex wife, the first time I did her in her sleep.
Probably every other LTR I had before that as well. In no case did anyone concerned think
anything wrong was happening. But, on those first times, there was no consent, beyond the
implied that we had fucked in the past and were sleeping together.

I think the scenario you represent contains more nuance though. Depending on whether the
pressure to get what is desired was reasonable (i.e. "I'll clean the garage if...").

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
I think the scenario you represent contains more nuance though. Depending on whether the
pressure to get what is desired was reasonable (i.e. "I'll clean the garage if...").
Of course it is nuanced. "I'll clean the garage if...." is soliciting prostitution, not rape.

Is it rape if you consent, then fall asleep during the act? I fell asleep on the job once, my girlfriend at the time freaked out a bit because she had been drugged and beaten and raped a few years earlier at college, and she had a bit of a phobia about it as a result. But if she'd just finished what she needed to do and let me sleep I don't think it would be considered rape. Lots of nuance there as well.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
I'm surprised the stats were that low tbh.

Considering that marital rape didn't even exist until quite recently, some women (and sometimes men) may not differentiate "rape" from "my spouse really wanted sex and I didn't, and my spouse won".
That would be why I was surprised the stats were so low- I've heard a number of female clients effectively describe being raped by their LT partners without using the word "rape," and without seeming to process it as a rape (often more as something they didn't like in the relationship, than as something they found violent or traumatic).  Honestly, never really felt clear with any of them on whether they genuinely didn't experience it as an assault, or whether they didn't want to deal with the fact that their partner was assaulting them, so they compartmentalized, or didn't talk about it in those terms.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
IMO the killer who reacts on adrenaline and commits a crime of passion, loses control, is going to be far more likely to be remorseful than the bugger who just doesn't give a flying fuck about others, and as far as they are concerned, what others possess is theirs if they want to take it.

As for the nonce that wanted to marry their victim, that isn't fucking remose. Bollocks it is. Thats just a pervert being a pervert.

I think it's worse than perversion. He phrased it like, at least IMO that she was "unclean" due to the rape and now she was only worthy of him. That kind of thought process requires an individual who is truly twisted.
He should never be released and I reckon we should have the death penalty for monsters like that.

But that's just me.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!

That would be why I was surprised the stats were so low- I've heard a number of female clients effectively describe being raped by their LT partners without using the word "rape," and without seeming to process it as a rape (often more as something they didn't like in the relationship, than as something they found violent or traumatic).  Honestly, never really felt clear with any of them on whether they genuinely didn't experience it as an assault, or whether they didn't want to deal with the fact that their partner was assaulting them, so they compartmentalized, or didn't talk about it in those terms.

My guess is that they didn't experience it as an assault. More a tedious task that one has to submit to at times.
Especially, if they're from my generation or earlier. I have no idea how the changing perception of rape has taken
root in society as a whole.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
I'm against any government-institution of the death penalty as a whole.

But at the same time, I'd have no qualms about, in the case of an individual like that piece of shit nonce who essentially branded his child victim as 'dirty', administering mob justice. If they were caught in the act, or it was otherwise certain that they did what they were accused of then I really wouldn't hesitate to take them apart, piece by piece.

Not that I'd make an exception for any other rapist if I caught them at it. Thats the sort of crime of passion that would make a murder following it pretty certain (of the rapist). I'm downright pleased with the way an ex of mine responded, when some piece of shit raped her (or tried, I'm not entirely clear which was which, because sadly, she has suffered that way twice that I know of) She carried a long-bladed, rather odd knife, of a type I haven't seen before or since, other than on her. Similar to a lock knife. Well it was a lock-blade, but of an unusual design where it closed up partially, with the blade shortening, and doing into a sheath, where it could be drawn and used without extending it, but extending it would turn it into a shortsword, and sharp as hell.

She grabbed the guy's dick, stuck that funky ass dagger/sword sheath knife/lock blade hybrid thing of hers into the base of his dick and ripped it out again, right down the middle to bisect his knob. Just what the little fuck deserved for it. Think she might well have stabbed several of his associates there at the time (tried to gangrape her, the fucking arseholes, only to be forced to back down after getting the message that anybody who messed with her in that sense is going to end up with two half-dicks.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.