Author Topic: "Shithole countries"  (Read 4284 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: "Shithole countries"
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2018, 03:49:45 AM »
Let's focus on what he might want to hide while directing your ("your" as in "Al's") attention elsewhere:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2017/nov/30/donald-trump-sexual-misconduct-allegations-full-list

The Guardian is a reasonably balanced source but by no means the only one. Guessing Church Militant might disagree but I know whom I'd pick. The moron-in-chief is very likely a sexual predator.

Looks like you are deflecting. How? I don't mind explaining.

A) Jack makes mention that Trump is actually doing a lot and none of which is being mentioned in the mainstream news
B) I agree and give an example
C) You laugh off my example and say he is a predator (no proof that he is of course).

What is the relationship between A and B? What is the relationship between A and C? Deflection.

You really need to work on that reading comprehension a little more.

Or you need to work on your premises and critical thinking?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2018, 03:51:09 AM »
Oh, and http://anonhq.com/investigative-no-trump-is-not-to-thank-for-this-years-human-trafficking-busts/

From that site's comment section:

I guarantee it would been another year of nothing had Trump not been in office.. I also do remember Trump talking about pushing the efforts of Trafficking while in office..

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/02/09/presidential-executive-order-enforcing-federal-law-respect-transnational

Those local initiatives aren’t what people aren’t the full effect of what he did his presidential order with the new task force and signed an executive order declaring a national emergency related to “serious human rights abuse and corruption around the world” and imposed sanctions on 13 individuals, using his authority under the 2016 Global Magnitsky Act.
The Treasury Department sanctioned an additional 39 people and entities for alleged human rights abuses and corruption, for a total of 52 targets. Among those sanctioned is the son of Russia’s prosecutor general.

The executive order says “the prevalence and severity of human rights abuse and corruption” outside of the United States “have reached such scope and gravity that they threaten the stability of international political and economic systems.”

this initiative was responsible for taking down 8 of the biggest global human trafficking rings in the world if he did not sign that order local officials wouldn’t have organized to the lengths they are now doing. As well as the coordination from Microsoft and the NSA which have been seeing honeypots online hence the new initiative for cybersecurity he signed in to order to help battle that

I really hope you do not see this source as the ultimate authority on its own matter as the comment section seem to suggest its own readers are strongly divided on their position.

Church Militant and a bunch of readers in a comments section? You sure do pick your sources. I agree with IQ. Your posts can be quite amusing at times.

Maybe I should have used a "credible" source like....Washington Post or New York Times?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2018, 03:39:09 AM »
Oh, and http://anonhq.com/investigative-no-trump-is-not-to-thank-for-this-years-human-trafficking-busts/

I guarantee it would been another year of nothing had Trump not been in office.. I also do remember Trump talking about pushing the efforts of Trafficking while in office..

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/02/09/presidential-executive-order-enforcing-federal-law-respect-transnational

Those local initiatives aren’t what people aren’t the full effect of what he did his presidential order with the new task force and signed an executive order declaring a national emergency related to “serious human rights abuse and corruption around the world” and imposed sanctions on 13 individuals, using his authority under the 2016 Global Magnitsky Act.
The Treasury Department sanctioned an additional 39 people and entities for alleged human rights abuses and corruption, for a total of 52 targets. Among those sanctioned is the son of Russia’s prosecutor general.

The executive order says “the prevalence and severity of human rights abuse and corruption” outside of the United States “have reached such scope and gravity that they threaten the stability of international political and economic systems.”

this initiative was responsible for taking down 8 of the biggest global human trafficking rings in the world if he did not sign that order local officials wouldn’t have organized to the lengths they are now doing. As well as the coordination from Microsoft and the NSA which have been seeing honeypots online hence the new initiative for cybersecurity he signed in to order to help battle that

I really hope you do not see this source as the ultimate authority on its own matter as the comment section seem to suggest its own readers are strongly divided on their position.

Church Militant and a bunch of readers in a comments section? You sure do pick your sources. I agree with IQ. Your posts can be quite amusing at times.

Maybe I should have used a "credible" source like....Washington Post or New York Times?

Face it, Church Militant isn't your finest hour.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2018, 04:08:27 AM »

Face it, Church Militant isn't your finest hour.

Not at all. Washington Post, New York Times and CNN all have been held out as bastions of credibility and yet what of the terrible lack of credibility in so many recent stories? No, nowadays reasonable people will look past the source and see whether or not there is anything in what they say. That can certainly be argued BUT simply turning your nose up at who reports on something is pretty ridiculous. You have seen me support positions from Mother Jones, Noam Chomsky, Jon Stewart, Christopher Hitchens, Dinesh D'Souza, Milo Yiannopolous and Donald Trump. What do they all have in common? That is the problem with holding to a narrative of only certain people and organisations are worth listening to.

People on the right say Jon Stewart and CNN have nothing worth saying and less worth listening to.
People on the left say Donald Trump and Breitbart have nothing worth saying and less worth listening to.
Both are flawed. There is plenty on all sides worth listening to and dismissing a source out of hand is stupid.

You dismissing and turning your nose up in condescension is not your finest hour.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 04:10:38 AM by Al Swearengen »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2018, 04:01:54 PM »
/shrugs

It's your time you're wasting with Church Militant, not mine. Presenting that link without an adequate look into the credibility of the source or the validity of the information is your problem, not mine. You simply amuse me, which is why I bother to reply.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2018, 05:13:43 AM »
/shrugs

It's your time you're wasting with Church Militant, not mine. Presenting that link without an adequate look into the credibility of the source or the validity of the information is your problem, not mine. You simply amuse me, which is why I bother to reply.

.....and who is to say I have NOT looked into the validity of the information and wh do you imagine that Church Militant was either the original source of such claims or the only one. The reason why I went so quickly to the example was because I had previously looked into it and the search terms I used on DuckDuckGo bought numerous results and numerous articles one being Church Militant and a quick look at the headline was enough to click on and a skim through cnfirmed that what I had previously found was echoed in there. I posted there link. AGAIN, it is the information rather than the source that matters.

Further to this what time was wasted? The entire process of posting was a minute or so?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2018, 07:10:00 AM »
A whole minute spent? Wow, yes, that was a thorough check. I guess you simply missed the, um, selective statistics, then.

You are as credible as ever.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2018, 07:53:09 AM »
The article strikes as both correct and incorrect. While it isn't fair to credit the government and ignoring the efforts of local officials, it's also likely those local organizations work with the support of the FBI and/or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Human trafficking was a topic of Trumps campaign platform, and he has taken actions on those campaign promises with executive orders and declarations for stricter enforcement of current laws, greater communication between federal and local organizations, addressing other countries trafficking to the US, and recent meetings with child protective organizations to assess their support and funding needs. If one were to criticize the Trump administration's action or inaction on the subject, it would make more sense to criticize the motivation. The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Act of the Obama administration was grossly misinterpreted by the people of central and south American countries, and created an overwhelming influx of unaccompanied minors being trafficked into the US. One of Trump's earlier actions was to repeal that executive order, and his subsequent actions aren't child focused, but trafficking in general of people, weapons, and drugs. So while the child sex trafficking subset of human trafficking will deservedly receive more attention and funding, it all strikes as fundamentally an immigration and smuggling topic which purposely directs the general public's focus specifically toward child exploitation in order to make the big picture actions more palatable.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2018, 07:57:07 AM »
And the moron-in-chief sinks even lower in the wake of the government shutdown: http://washingtonpress.com/2018/01/20/trump-just-threw-shutdown-tantrum-official-white-house-phones-voicemail-recording/

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2018, 08:55:16 AM »
A whole minute spent? Wow, yes, that was a thorough check. I guess you simply missed the, um, selective statistics, then.

You are as credible as ever.

You obviously did not read what I said and that is okay. I will repeat it again. I had already researched this and made my own assessment to this. It simply was a quick go to after a search. The reason I search was not to find a talking point but because I had previously investigated this. That is why I knew what to look for. I could have used the next entry or the one after that or the one after that. The source is of little matter if you have already investigated the underlying claim.

You are not be credible by dismissing sources out of hand based on preconceptions. As I stated, I do not do this. I am interested in underlying claims whether or not they come from people I agree with generally or not. You don't and that is a problem with your credibility - not mine.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2018, 08:57:23 AM »
And the moron-in-chief sinks even lower in the wake of the government shutdown: http://washingtonpress.com/2018/01/20/trump-just-threw-shutdown-tantrum-official-white-house-phones-voicemail-recording/

It is absolutely true. Democrats have chosen to hold American Military and many other Americans including those that benefit from CHIP, hostage over illegal immigrants.

Personally I think it a bad decision and I think it may bite them in the arse.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2018, 10:10:28 AM »
Utter bullshit. The Republicans could have funded CHIP months ago. They're holding CHIP funding hostage over their disagreement on the DACA.

This is on Trump and the world is watching.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2018, 12:17:36 PM »
I'm never thrilled with tying ANYTHING other than spending to these budget resolutions.

So yeah, DACA doesn't belong. Then again, for these short term extensions, neither do increases in spending.
They should be used to rectify the mess that the Civiletti opinion and subsequent court decisions imposed,
instead of being some game of chicken. Keep things going at current funding levels, and hash them out
in the normal budget process (sans non-funding related legislation).

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2018, 01:42:49 PM »
...and as for the military it continues to function, there is no pay loss unless the shutdown continues past Feb 1, and legislation can be passed any time the way it was passed in 2013 (under Obama during the last shutdown) to continue to pay the military during this time.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2018, 02:22:31 PM »
Utter bullshit. The Republicans could have funded CHIP months ago. They're holding CHIP funding hostage over their disagreement on the DACA.

This is on Trump and the world is watching.

Nope, this is a Schumer Shutdown. If you are saying what the world outside of America is watching, I am part of that world and you are not. Are you speaking on behalf of me and from what authority (or credibility) do you do that from?

They chose hundred of thousands of illegal immigrants (those Dreamy Dreamers) over hundreds of millions of Americans. Bad choice in my estimation but it was the Democrats to make. They voted for the shutdown it is ABSOLUTELY on them.