Educational

Author Topic: "Shithole countries"  (Read 4251 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: "Shithole countries"
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2018, 07:46:33 PM »
...Trump's way is to go out there like a 6 yr old with a stick and whack the shit out of the hornet's nest a couple more times to make sure they're awake.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2018, 08:11:11 PM »
Trump has effectively changed the news cycle.

Instead of needing to present analysis on domestic politics and geopolitics, the news industry can just sit back and wait for Trump to say, do or tweet something stupid or offensive or outrageous. Then they are all over it like a rash. And they don’t usually need to wait very long. And it seems like they don’t even bother to fact check any more: if something sounds offensive and outrageous and someone said Trump said it, then they’ll run with it as if it’s fact.

When Obama was in office, when HRC was Secretary of State, or course they did some shit that should have been more heavily scrutinised. But Obama would make the right noises, say inspiring things, handle international issues with poise and an air of “don’t worry people, I’ve got this”, basically he acted like a president should act. The opposite of Trump, in other words.
The Obama administration was also skilled in controlling the press, and even prosecuting the press. Nothing came out of the white house that wasn't official white house news. Don't really think trump has changed the news. Tend to view the media as a providing commodity, so they offer most what sells the best. Unfortunately, the reality most likely is, the crap they sell is what the majority want to buy.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 08:59:25 PM by Jack »

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2018, 08:47:59 PM »
...Trump's way is to go out there like a 6 yr old with a stick and whack the shit out of the hornet's nest a couple more times to make sure they're awake.

I certainly won't disagree with you there.  :laugh:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2018, 09:07:17 PM »
What an utter moron that man is. He is a disgrace for his nation, an embarrassment, a liability. The idea that people actually voted for him is bizarre.

What does this have to do with his alleged statement??

Many other countries ARE shitholes.

Much of Central America = shithole
Much of South America = shithole
Much of Africa = shithole
Much of the Middle East = shithole
Select parts of Eastern Asia = shithole

I don't see a problem with calling a spade a spade.   :dunno:

I would like to offer a visual aid to support Pappy's statements.  :zoinks:

:gopher:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2018, 09:09:55 PM »
Pretty much all of the middle east, with the possible exception of turkey, is a fucking shithole. Turkey, whilst still being a koran-kisser infected country, is at least moderate and recognizes the rights of others not to shag the koran five times a day, every day.

And whilst I'd not go there now due to the lot of terrorism thats  gone down there, courtesy of those ISIS cocklicking jizm gargling whoreamuffins, I've been there, and the people (a group I exclude ISIS from. They are not people. Just advanced, fur-less, tail-less apes with firearms) Evolved chimps with speech and the knowledge of how to perform some primitive chemistry sufficient to make weapons and explosives, or rather to hire people who do know the chemistry of CW agents) and who can make peroxide explosives themselves (really that isn't an achievement, children can and have and do sometimes stupidly do things like that with organoperoxide explosives. Stupidly, because even ISIS know the likes of acetone peroxide as 'the mother of shaitaan' (the koransturbator word for 'satan')

I could have made acetone peroxide at hm...maybe age 7, if I'd wanted to and been a total moron in my choice of substances employed in my own ....'fireworks and then some' HE fuckabouts, where I'd take homemade charges out into the middle of untrodden, uninhabited, people-free nowhere and detonate them, to see how much of a crater I could leave in the ground, how large a hole I could blast through how thick a plate of sheet steel etc. Nothing ever targeted at people, only experimentation, at young ages with explosives for the sake of experimentation and having some fun blasting off TNT, tetraammonium metal-energetic ligand complexes, like the perchlorate and the chlorate, such as tetraaminecopper (II) chlorate/perchlorate, a light greenish compound in the case of the chlorate that went off readily, somewhat shock and friction sensitive. The perchlorate being the more powerful but seemingly to me a bit less touchy in nature. Including playing about with plasticized versions, wax-bonded versions of various inventions and things drawn from energetic materials studies. All of it for the sake of fun though, and things like abandoned, trashed cars in middle of nowhere sites, things like that were a playground for me at that young age range....perfect for firing shoulder-launched DIY-RPGs at and things like a guy's locked junk enclosure, the padlocks were perfect targets too, when nobody was about, for wrapping plasticized this, that and the other around. Then after retreating and firing the charge, trying to find the remains of the locks. More than a few times, the steel hasp of the lock had been literally shattered into pieces, with only little plugs remaining in the holes, whilst the brass locks themselves were pulverized and flattened into thin sheets if the entire lock had been covered in a wad of plastique. Especially some of the stuff in the more experimental domain, plasticized primaries used like conventional HEs, with a phlegmatizer added to allow it to be handled, yet set off with a drinking straw filled with first a slow-burning pure incendiary, as a fuse, like a mixture of wax, potassium or sodium chlorate and sugar, with a proportion of table salt added to slow the burn, and then a bit of a primary at the end of the drinking straw. And at either end a little layer of wax alone, just to keep the parts in place, plus at the top, the wax would be hot-poured around the middle of a buried firework-fuse to make it easy to light. Experimenting with thermites too, although now I still do, alone of all that pyro stuff, make use of, but for refining and extracting metals from their oxides, hydroxides etc. Such as the magnesium based process for extracting elemental alkali metals from their hydroxides by means of an unconventional thermite-like process using magnesium dust and the alkali metal hydroxide in a crucible, ignited with a magnesium ribbon, and covered over with a piece of slate, or crucible lid of carbon, to fit, with a small hole drilled in to allow insertion of a magnesium fuse, the whole thing then, the moment the Mg ribbon burns through that hole, a brick goes on top and the chemist does a runner to allow it to go and burn within the crucible, and avoid vaporizing out the alkali metal.

The result is a magnesium oxide slag, after the crucible glows white hot through the heavily tinted lenses of a welding mask donned to view it safely without getting arc-eye like conditions potentially from looking at it, such is the heat that radiates from the crucible), you get a grey, cement like slag, that must be drilled and pried and dug out, then pulverized in a plastic bag filled with argon, and stuck in an inert gas filled food blender, powdered, then the powder boiled in 1,4-dioxane, which for some reason happens to be THE perfect solvent for this purpose, must be anhydrous of course, or the alkali metal reacts, but there is a heavy layer of dioxane vapor formed as it boils which excludes air, and of course a condenser is used, to recycle the dioxane , recondensing wouldbe-escaping dioxane vapor into the pot, the result being that the powdered MgO slag, mixed with the alkali metal in its elemental state, separates out into Mg oxide and the alkali metal, one cannot do it with lithium, in glass, since according to my reading, molten lithium eats through glass like acid through paper and would damage my glassware. But I've even seen this done with rubidium and caesium, a guy casting his own ingots of caesium metal!

Works a treat for sodium, potassium, and it seems also rubidium and caesium, although never attempted it with Rb or Cs, because they are fucking expensive, rubidium especially. But when the time comes to prepare elemental rubidium and caesium to be sealed in glass ampoules under inert gas (argon or helium) then thats how I'll do it. And the neat thing is, all one needs to prepare the dioxane, is toilet-unblocker grade concentrated sulfuric acid, and antifreeze, the concentrate type one buys if one wishes to make their own blends to taste proportion of antifreeze to H2O wise, and based on ethylene glycol rather than diethylene glycol. The sulfuric dehydrates the alcohol groups of the diols (diol=glycol, same thing) and forms an ether, in the case of glycols one gets a cyclization reaction between two molecules of glycol, dehydrating and condensing together with each other to form a cyclic ether. In the case of ethylene glycol, one gets 1,4-dioxane. It needs distillation to purify and does form some tarry shite which needs to be scraped out of the flask, and then once the ether has been thoroughly removed, measures taken to rip the tar to pieces, like a chromic acid bath boil (a mixture of concentrated sulfuric acid and chromic anhydride, or alternatively, a dichromate can also be used), must be done carefully but it IS highly effective, and safer than piranha bath (a dangerous mixture of hydrogen peroxide and strong sulfuric acid), but an extremely powerful oxidizer, which will even oxidize inorganic carbon, all the way to carbon dioxide gas, leaving glassware pristine and good as new. Although organics must be removed from the flask, and everything charred first with heat and other oxidizers that aren't so dangerous. Because acid piranha (there is a base piranha also, using hydrogen peroxide with caustic potash solution, although this also does some damage to glassware by etching a thin layer of glass away, its safer than acid piranha bath but I don't use base piranha, for exactly that reason-its etching away a thin layer of glass each time.)

One MUST be extremely careful with acid piranha though else it can explode, but once one has left the former organic tars of a messy ass reaction as crusted on inorganic charcoal and carbon/graphite encrustations, piranha acid can then be, carefully, employed to burn that away to CO2)

NEVER, EVER to be stored of course, you make piranha acid and you use it right away after making it, and you make only what you need then and there. And you use it fucking carefully after careful pre-treating of the glass to be cleaned of stubborn as hell glorps. But, just as the name 'piranha bath' suggests, it DOES do pretty much what the name suggests it'll do, and eat it up leaving just CO2 gas behind.

IMO Trump should make a vat full, using say, 98% H2SO4 and high-test peroxide, at say 95% H2O2, then go take a swim in it.

Or else maybe I should go dig that grimoire out of my library and consult some of the more unspeakable ritual texts within.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2018, 09:51:00 PM »

Instead of needing to present analysis on domestic politics and geopolitics, the news industry can just sit back and wait for Trump to say, do or tweet something stupid or offensive or outrageous. Then they are all over it like a rash. And they don’t usually need to wait very long. And it seems like they don’t even bother to fact check any more: if something sounds offensive and outrageous and someone said Trump said it, then they’ll run with it as if it’s fact.

When Obama was in office, when HRC was Secretary of State, or course they did some shit that should have been more heavily scrutinised. But Obama would make the right noises, say inspiring things, handle international issues with poise and an air of “don’t worry people, I’ve got this”, basically he acted like a president should act. The opposite of Trump, in other words.
The Omama administration was also skilled in controlling the press, and even prosecuting the press. Nothing came out of the white house that wasn't official white house news. Don't really think trump has changed the news. Tend to view the media as a providing commodity, so they offer most what sells the best. Unfortunately, the reality most likely is, the crap they sell is what the majority want to buy.

Trump hasn't deliberately or proactively change the news.

What he has done is to regularly give the news media plenty of "OMG, look what Trump said/did/tweeted now!!!" moments on a regular basis.

Reporting around presidential statements and behaviour and decisions has undoubtedly changed since Trump has been POTUS. Because Trump is a walking controversy generator.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2018, 09:56:49 PM »
Quite honestly I am surprised he has a central nervous system developed sufficiently to talk and walk or breathe at the same time.

And whilst I'm no fan of the poncy, pigfucking tosser, I do agree with David Cameron in this one respect, his saying 'too many tweets make a twat'. Possibly the only sensible sentence he has ever uttered in his lifetime.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2018, 01:23:22 AM »
I'm just wondering what was covered over this time.

So far, these outbursts of media bait have inevitably buried some other piece of news.

If the shithole countries thing was a media bait, then that's fairly clever.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2018, 01:24:11 AM »
Basic leadership skills 101...

1. Addressing major problems/disasters/tragedies that effect people's lives when they occur or soon after they occur.

2. Reassuring people that those problems are at the very least "being looked into" so that the possibility of them occurring again will be less likely.

Rocket science. :M
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2018, 01:32:23 AM »
What an utter moron that man is. He is a disgrace for his nation, an embarrassment, a liability. The idea that people actually voted for him is bizarre.

What does this have to do with his alleged statement??

Many other countries ARE shitholes.

Much of Central America = shithole
Much of South America = shithole
Much of Africa = shithole
Much of the Middle East = shithole
Select parts of Eastern Asia = shithole

I don't see a problem with calling a spade a spade.   :dunno:

I can't force you to be right.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2018, 01:35:34 AM »
Don't really think trump has changed the news.

Sure he has. Instead of the media writing about other events, they tell the world what a moron Trump is. It's all over the news, every day.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2018, 02:05:43 AM »

Did he say this and if you say some in that were there in the meeting said so, some also said that he didn't. Do those that said he did have a reason to make something up and have they ever made up similar claims for political reasons?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/25817/dick-durbin-has-history-lying-about-private-white-ryan-saavedra#exit-modal

However, IF we are to talk about Haiti, where did the billions of dollars of aid earmarked for Haiti and managed through the Clinton Foundation go?

Two options:

A) Clinton coffers
B) Administrative fees and to sling to friends and family?

Either option will do.

This is not about Clinton, this is about Trump and his inability to function. It's interesting how you suggest those in attendance lied about what he said but yet, you still feel the need to divert the discussion to Clinton.

This speaks volumes to me.

I did not feel a need to both. I did both anyhow. But does Dick has a history of lying about such things? Yes or no? Is there anything to suggest he is not lying now? Why are you running with it then?

I'm wondering why you felt this need. Was it because you know how much Trump lies so you felt you had to somehow divert attention to Hillary. You're a lot like him.

I corrected you once on your insistence to call my reply a need. There is no "need" involved. I will say it again, THERE WAS NO NEED INVOLVED. Just to make it clear for you. I am replying on a message board and I react to posts that catch my fancy. I do not feel a NEED nor a COMPULSION nor that I MUST or that I HAD to do something or HAVE to do anything. Is that entirely clear?

The point is made with or without the Clintons....though again as a further point I wonder why on the many occasions that similar things have occurred with Obama and with the Clintons that the outrage or derision does not seem to be an issue then. I find it curious and I wonder why that is?

The last point is an interesting one. I am just like Trump am I? Really? In which way?

1) Am I really really rich?
2) Am I American?
3) Am I in my seventies?
4) Am I of Swedish/Scottish Heritage?
5) Am I a World Leader?
6) Am I a Father of 4?
7) Am I married to a Supermodel?

I do not see any similarities on the big areas there. But perhaps there are other areas in which he and I share some similarities as most of us do. However, you said I was JUST like him so they must be fairly prominent.

I would like you to point them all out. However, if you attempt to smear me, or unreasonably, unfairly or unjustly disparage me, we are right back off to the races and this again will be all on you and you will have no leg to stand on if you later try to project how bullied you are.

Either way I am keen to know.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2018, 02:07:44 AM »
Basic leadership skills 101...

1. Addressing major problems/disasters/tragedies that effect people's lives when they occur or soon after they occur.

2. Reassuring people that those problems are at the very least "being looked into" so that the possibility of them occurring again will be less likely.

State problem and Hawaii certainly should do that. I am sure you have contacted Hawaii and let them know rather than looked at this as a Federal issue which it was not.....right? (Of course not. I know you did not).
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2018, 02:11:17 AM »

Except he didn't handle things overly well. Don't get me wrong, he is the benchmark for poise, grace, eloquence and articulated thought when it comes to being a President. But he was a Pretty useless President outside of that. George Bush was useless too.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2018, 02:16:10 AM »
I'm just wondering what was covered over this time.

So far, these outbursts of media bait have inevitably buried some other piece of news.
This isn't the first time wondering if maybe you're one of my sockpuppets. Was just about to say, everything since trump took office has been over sensationalized hype about what crap spills from Trumps lips or tweety fingers. It all strikes as a diversion tactic because the news isn't reporting on the context of the political/governmental happenings surrounding the hoopla. The news isn't reporting on the content or the outcome of the meeting, only OMG Trump said shithole.

I have a hard time remembering the last crisis - The Wolf book - all but forgotten after 48 hours. That was going to bring him down then this last thing sucked the air right out of that.

Remember how the Russia thing morphed into Obstruction of justice which morph into mentally unfit and now I think is morphing into racist.

Like a laserlight and a cat.

Now who knows apart from bashing Trump and chasing the laserlight, what the Democrats are about? Who are their leaders? Who are they rallying behind? What is their message?