Author Topic: "Shithole countries"  (Read 4249 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
"Shithole countries"
« on: January 14, 2018, 07:09:47 AM »
What an utter moron that man is. He is a disgrace for his nation, an embarrassment, a liability. The idea that people actually voted for him is bizarre.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
Re: "Shithole countries"
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 08:16:54 AM »
They won't find anything. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 08:58:12 AM »
For 38 minutes yesterday people in Hawaii got ready to kiss their asses goodbye.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/13/politics/hawaii-missile-threat-false-alarm/index.html

Where was Trump? Playing golf.

Hours later he tweets about how unfair the press is to him.

Someone hand him a pacifier.

Yep...good times.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 12:17:07 PM »
A golf ball in the head would also work.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 01:23:17 PM »
From what read, it seems there's only one person who claims it was said, and another person who said shithole countries is 'basically accurate', while others in attendance agree 'shithole countries' wasn't said. More than likely something was said, just not specifically shithole.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 03:37:06 PM »
He should have said turd world countries.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 05:30:56 PM »
From what read, it seems there's only one person who claims it was said, and another person who said shithole countries is 'basically accurate', while others in attendance agree 'shithole countries' wasn't said. More than likely something was said, just not specifically shithole.

Others in attendance appear to have developed a form of collective "shithole amnesia", finding themselves unable to remember whether that specific term was used.

Which, considering the potential wrath of the president and its potential effect on one's career, is probably a wise thing to have.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 07:00:44 PM »

Others in attendance appear to have developed a form of collective "shithole amnesia", finding themselves unable to remember whether that specific term was used.

Which, considering the potential wrath of the president and its potential effect on one's career, is probably a wise thing to have.
That's possible too; though calling countries shitholes doesn't strike as career wrath sort of stuff to confirm or deny about Trump. He's said worse with a microphone and camera in his face, so that alone makes it believable. He's not a silver tongued politician, and his lack of couth is exactly what some people like about him. There doesn't seem to be any reason for him to deny saying it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:12:50 PM by Jack »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 07:05:18 PM »
Not really that surprised people voted for him what surprised me the he convinced a bunch of working class people especially those in the South the he a rich  real estate developer from NYC  is on their side
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 07:44:01 PM »
Not really that surprised people voted for him what surprised me the he convinced a bunch of working class people especially those in the South the he a rich  real estate developer from NYC  is on their side

He fed them a good line of NY bullshit and they bought it.

The "shithole" comment wouldn't surprise me, what does surprise me is his complete lack of "anything" after the missle threat error in Hawaii.

You had people grabbing their little kids and playing "duck and cover" in the bathtub under a mattress for 38 minutes and totally freaking out...your first words as a president should not be a tweet on twitter about the book some guy wrote about you and how badly the "fake news" treats you. 

You are president, so ACT like one, or at least "pretend" to act like one for one nano second even if it's just for all the ones that voted for your crazy ass and no one else.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 08:43:40 PM »

That's possible too; though calling countries shitholes doesn't strike as career wrath sort of stuff to confirm or deny about Trump. He's said worse with a microphone and camera in his face, so that alone makes it believable. He's not a silver tongued politician, and his lack of couth is exactly what some people like about him. There doesn't seem to be any reason for him to deny saying it.

It would be career limiting to call the POTUS a liar, so once Trump had denied making those statements it would be a wise move to develop amnesia.

Trump is a serial liar. He lies about all sorts of stuff. I doubt that he has much of a solid grip on reality. If people were going to slander Trump by lying about something he didn't say, wouldn't they be inclined to make up something more salacious than the sort of thing a guy like Trump would consider normal breakfast conversation?

I'd still class the story as more likely to be true than not.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 11:54:20 PM »
For 38 minutes yesterday people in Hawaii got ready to kiss their asses goodbye.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/13/politics/hawaii-missile-threat-false-alarm/index.html

Yep...good times.

They are and it was a major stuff NOT by him but from Hawaii. They wanted to bait him into a military response and he was not biting. Good for him. What did Obama and Hillary do when there was an ACTUAL attack on Benghazi?

I will give you two options

a) Blame it on a video.
b) Do nothing.

I will accept either answer.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2018, 11:58:52 PM »
What an utter moron that man is. He is a disgrace for his nation, an embarrassment, a liability. The idea that people actually voted for him is bizarre.

Did he say this and if you say some in that were there in the meeting said so, some also said that he didn't. Do those that said he did have a reason to make something up and have they ever made up similar claims for political reasons?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/25817/dick-durbin-has-history-lying-about-private-white-ryan-saavedra#exit-modal

However, IF we are to talk about Haiti, where did the billions of dollars of aid earmarked for Haiti and managed through the Clinton Foundation go?

Two options:

A) Clinton coffers
B) Administrative fees and to sling to friends and family?

Either option will do.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 03:30:43 AM »

Yep...good times.

They are and it was a major stuff NOT by him but from Hawaii. They wanted to bait him into a military response and he was not biting. Good for him. What did Obama and Hillary do when there was an ACTUAL attack on Benghazi?

I will give you two options

a) Blame it on a video.
b) Do nothing.

I will accept either answer.

Naivety as lifestyle.

It's interesting that you feel the need to bring up Obama and Hillary here. As president, he should have addressed what happened, end of story. He (and his supporters) should focus on what he is doing now.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 03:36:57 AM »

Did he say this and if you say some in that were there in the meeting said so, some also said that he didn't. Do those that said he did have a reason to make something up and have they ever made up similar claims for political reasons?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/25817/dick-durbin-has-history-lying-about-private-white-ryan-saavedra#exit-modal

However, IF we are to talk about Haiti, where did the billions of dollars of aid earmarked for Haiti and managed through the Clinton Foundation go?

Two options:

A) Clinton coffers
B) Administrative fees and to sling to friends and family?

Either option will do.

This is not about Clinton, this is about Trump and his inability to function. It's interesting how you suggest those in attendance lied about what he said but yet, you still feel the need to divert the discussion to Clinton.

This speaks volumes to me.

- Albert Einstein