Educational

Author Topic: The media are ignorant of weapons... again.  (Read 286 times)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
The media are ignorant of weapons... again.
« on: May 24, 2018, 05:35:01 PM »
The media ignoramuses reported what the cops told them without doing their homework.

In this article, it claims that cops seized 50 guns plus a rocket launcher.

Looking at the picture, I can tell that the "rocket launcher" is a L.A.W. (Light Anti-armor Weapon)

The thing about the LAW is that it's a single shot weapon, once it's been fired, it's useless.

The one in the picture has either been fired or the cops are stupid beyond belief.

Opening up the launcher (as pictured) COCKS THE WEAPON FOR FIRING!!

I don't think the cops were this dumb and most likely there's military veterans there who are aware of this fact.

Therefore this is an expended launcher that can't actually be used.

Hell, even I have a used LAW that my brother gave me decades ago.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/50-members-of-sinister-biker-gangs-arrested-dozens-of-illegal-guns-drugs-rocket-launcher-seized/ar-AAxJy0y?ocid=spartanntp

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: The media are ignorant of weapons... again.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 08:16:20 PM »
They love making things sound worst than it is to inflate their egos and make it sound like they are doing something .  I worked with a guy who was arrested for threatening,  they reported something like 70 weapons were found in his house but they included all the butter and steak knives from the silverware drawer  and his other kitchen knives in that count.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 09:17:27 PM »
Cooking knives, ok, technically. But butter knives??
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 06:04:07 PM »
Think yourself lucky you ain't a brit. They go sick in the head over the most trifling idiocy. A firecracker that develops a hole, patch it up with a bit of tape to stop flashpowder leaking out? that equates to 'manufacture of an improvized explosive device' and gets you 8 months inside, that and having the paper come off some cheap ass firecrackers, again, same thing, they weren't so fussed about an ACTUAL improvised grenade stuffed with enough flashpowder to make a hell of a bang, fused and ready to use if desired, yet god help you if you repair a cosmetic bit of damage to some cheap fireworks.

At least I got to see what happens when a paedophile gets a flying dropkick to the face however.

If I'm to try and look on the brighter side, but there really wasn't much of one, plus the bastards  nearly killed me, the meds I'm on can be dangerous, even fatal in some cases, if suddenly stopped, they did, I nearly bought the farm, never recovered fully even now.

The irony...if I WAS to be a terrorist, I'd be good at it, not come up with some halfbaked bloody firecracker, sulfur mustard, phosgene, lewisite, even nerve agents wouldn't be beyond my practical level of capacity IF I were inclined that way, and explosives are so old hat that I was blasting things to bits as a little kid, and I wouldn't use a cardboard cylinder with a little gunpowder and some damn sparkly bits in it if I wanted to blow something up.  TNT would be more my thing, with a large Hg fulminate blasting cap, electrical ignition....fucks sake, the cops are imbeciles alright. They will take airguns and treat them like lethal weapons, yet ignore a gauss pistol with exposive-cored raufoss-style rounds, whilst  looking sideways at my HOTPLATE of all things :soapbox:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM by Lestat »
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 06:05:10 PM »
They love making things sound worst than it is to inflate their egos and make it sound like they are doing something .  I worked with a guy who was arrested for threatening,  they reported something like 70 weapons were found in his house but they included all the butter and steak knives from the silverware drawer  and his other kitchen knives in that count.

:facepalm2:

Unfortunately, this sounds about right. It justifies the SWAT team mentality.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 06:08:42 PM »
Think yourself lucky you ain't a brit. They go sick in the head over the most trifling idiocy. A firecracker that develops a hole, patch it up with a bit of tape to stop flashpowder leaking out? that equates to 'manufacture of an improvized explosive device' and gets you 8 months inside, that and having the paper come off some cheap ass firecrackers, again, same thing, they weren't so fussed about an ACTUAL improvised grenade stuffed with enough flashpowder to make a hell of a bang, fused and ready to use if desired, yet god help you if you repair a cosmetic bit of damage to some cheap fireworks.

At least I got to see what happens when a paedophile gets a flying dropkick to the face however.

If I'm to try and look on the brighter side, but there really wasn't much of one, plus the bastards  nearly killed me, the meds I'm on can be dangerous, even fatal in some cases, if suddenly stopped, they did, I nearly bought the farm, never recovered fully even now.

Don't worry, they're going to ban knives next.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2018, 09:10:54 PM »
Those forks look pretty deadly. :zoinks:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae