Author Topic: The Tragedy in Las Vegas  (Read 11104 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: The Tragedy in Las Vegas
« Reply #420 on: November 21, 2018, 05:30:55 PM »
And speaking of Trump being offed for the greater good: I'm sure he'd understand the pragmatism behind the concept, considering his stance on the Saudis.

That's got NOTHING to do with any 'greater good'.

Sure it does. What's a single life (a journalist at that!) when compared to the US-Saudi relations? So what's a single life (Trump) when compared to a more stable globe?

I highly doubt the Cheeto in Chief cares much about Saudi-US relationships, except where 'US' stands for his family.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #421 on: November 21, 2018, 07:44:53 PM »
And speaking of Trump being offed for the greater good: I'm sure he'd understand the pragmatism behind the concept, considering his stance on the Saudis.

Sure it does. What's a single life (a journalist at that!) when compared to the US-Saudi relations? So what's a single life (Trump) when compared to a more stable globe?

I highly doubt the Cheeto in Chief cares much about Saudi-US relationships, except where 'US' stands for his family.

I highly doubt Trump is that stupid. Most people know how central the Saudi-US relationship is to the stability of the Dollar. If the Saudis decided to switch currencies the dollar would most likely collapse.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #422 on: November 21, 2018, 08:57:23 PM »
Oh, bullshit. China's the one country that could totally tank the dollar, and Trump's perfectly fine being aggressive there.

What's the big difference? The house of Saud has been bankrolling his family (and Kushner) businesses - much as Russia has.

You look at where his money comes from, and that's where the 'US' is. Every fucking time.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #423 on: November 21, 2018, 09:19:07 PM »
Oh, bullshit. China's the one country that could totally tank the dollar, and Trump's perfectly fine being aggressive there.

What's the big difference? The house of Saud has been bankrolling his family (and Kushner) businesses - much as Russia has.

You look at where his money comes from, and that's where the 'US' is. Every fucking time.

Part of why Trump wouldn't want to get the Saudis offside, apart from personal interests which are no doubt a huge factor, is that it's more difficult than it used to be to get the public to support bloody warfare in that part of the world. But if you've got a proxy who you can arm to the teeth and get them to do your wet work for you, it's a win-win.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #424 on: November 21, 2018, 09:32:48 PM »

And you claim to be a history expert.   ::)

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #425 on: November 21, 2018, 10:58:10 PM »

Part of why Trump wouldn't want to get the Saudis offside, apart from personal interests which are no doubt a huge factor, is that it's more difficult than it used to be to get the public to support bloody warfare in that part of the world. But if you've got a proxy who you can arm to the teeth and get them to do your wet work for you, it's a win-win.

I didn't realize we wanted to bomb yemani civilians so much.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #426 on: November 21, 2018, 11:01:09 PM »

And you claim to be a history expert.   ::)

No. No I don't.

But prior economic importance, when Saudi oil was so important are of less value today.
Mainly, the Saudi can be used to destabilize the oil market to put pressure on the other big
natural energy economies - Russia and Venezuela. I haven't seen Trump using them this way,
although Obama certainly seems to have.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #427 on: November 22, 2018, 01:00:12 AM »

What's a single life (some wanker from Sweden) when compared to a more democratically run message board??  BIG FUCKING PETERS

You should start one.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #428 on: November 22, 2018, 01:00:47 AM »

OK, fair point.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #429 on: November 22, 2018, 01:07:56 AM »

I didn't realize we wanted to bomb yemani civilians so much.

It's either that your leadership wants the military actions against Yemen, or has a callous disregard for the Yemenis because they continue to supply the military hardware used. Neither reflects well. Not that my country is any different, we support the same regimes as you do.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass