Author Topic: Gary Johnson for President  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Gary Johnson for President
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2016, 03:37:20 PM »
:laugh:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2016, 12:05:30 AM »
It would be very weird indeed if the world came to a standstill whenever we voted for a government. Although I have to admit, even our current PM, who is an imbecile, appears to be amazingly competent when compared to this Johnson guy.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2018, 07:56:49 PM »
Now he's running to be a Senator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6HX1-Qizmw

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2018, 08:08:50 PM »
Australian politics is boring. Generally speaking we elect a new one each term and have no investment in the process other than to punish the previous government by voting them out.

Generally we elect a new one each term. Then it's a bit like Survivor, if the Prime Minister is too popular (with the voters) then his or her own party vote them off the island. If the new Prime Minister is too unpopular then his or her own party vote them off the island. It is extremely rare for a Prime Minister to be not-too-popular and not-too-unpopular enough to survive a full term. We have had 6 Prime Ministers since 2007 and not one of them has served a full term.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2018, 09:13:05 PM »

With the current state of what we have allowed to happen in this country, a Two Party system, I do not believe that a Libertarian or an Independent has a snowball's chance of ever getting elected to any substantial office.

I do not need to see any of your whataboutisms, but you know I am right. I will admit to a few having passed through Congress, but they are hamstrung from the outset.

President Trump may be as close to firing a Romulan Disruptor at the ingrained system as we may ever be.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 09:15:20 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2018, 10:02:48 PM »

With the current state of what we have allowed to happen in this country, a Two Party system, I do not believe that a Libertarian or an Independent has a snowball's chance of ever getting elected to any substantial office.

I do not need to see any of your whataboutisms, but you know I am right. I will admit to a few having passed through Congress, but they are hamstrung from the outset.

President Trump may be as close to firing a Romulan Disruptor at the ingrained system as we may ever be.

As it stands, Gary has about 22% of a 3 way vote. To put it in football parlance, he's 14 points down with 3:00 left in the game. Not impossible but not easy.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2018, 05:21:47 AM »

Providing counter-examples is NOT "what-aboutism". It is clear evidence that there are exceptions.

"What-aboutism" is an attempt to deflect an argument, by showing a case where it didn't apply in
the exact same manner, even thought there are differences in circumstances.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2018, 05:50:02 AM »
Vote for the other Gary for congress.  :zoinks:

Go For Gary 2018
:gopher: