Author Topic: The other trump card in the gun debate.  (Read 2152 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: The other trump card in the gun debate.
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 02:44:27 AM »
I thought we were comparing Malmö with the US.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 09:53:50 AM »
yep.   He's got you there, Scrap :LOL:

However, the mention of the place aroused my interst and so I checkeded it out on Wikipedia. Here's a passage fom there that neatly explains their high crime rate, IMO:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malm%C3%B6
Although the transformation from a city with its economic base in manufacturing has returned growth to Malmö, the new types of jobs have largely benefited the middle and upper classes. While the inner city becomes gentrified and the upper-middle class have settled the Western Harbour, little has changed for the inhabitants of the districts of the Million Programme; Malmö remains a city of sharp social divides and high unemployment.
Now, isn't it well-known that criminal gangs tend to arise amongst the socially deprived? I do very much agree with gun control legislation, but it looks to me like the more equal  distribution if wealth would  reduce gun crime (as well as other crime) a whole lot more effectively that restricting   access to guns would.

But the 1% consider that  too high a price for the to pay, I suppose.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 03:47:05 PM »
Now, isn't it well-known that criminal gangs tend to arise amongst the socially deprived?

No. The most socially deprived Americans are poor rural whites in Appalachia, no gangs there and very little crime.

I do very much agree with gun control legislation,

Do gun triggers pull themselves??

but it looks to me like the more equal  distribution if wealth would  reduce gun crime (as well as other crime) a whole lot more effectively that restricting   access to guns would.

There's a certain degree of truth to this. It isn't necessarily poverty that causes crime, it's the uneven distribution of wealth in urban areas that are statistically linked to higher crime rates. Uruguay and Paraguay for example, are relatively poor countries with low crime rates.

The 1% largely only care about their own interests.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2018, 02:45:53 AM »
yep.   He's got you there, Scrap :LOL:

However, the mention of the place aroused my interst and so I checkeded it out on Wikipedia. Here's a passage fom there that neatly explains their high crime rate, IMO:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malm%C3%B6
Although the transformation from a city with its economic base in manufacturing has returned growth to Malmö, the new types of jobs have largely benefited the middle and upper classes. While the inner city becomes gentrified and the upper-middle class have settled the Western Harbour, little has changed for the inhabitants of the districts of the Million Programme; Malmö remains a city of sharp social divides and high unemployment.
Now, isn't it well-known that criminal gangs tend to arise amongst the socially deprived? I do very much agree with gun control legislation, but it looks to me like the more equal  distribution if wealth would  reduce gun crime (as well as other crime) a whole lot more effectively that restricting   access to guns would.

The causes (in Malmö) are indeed considered to be well known but not sufficiently addressed. It's been a rather frequent discussion in the Swedish media, especially since the ManUtd striker, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, is from one of the, um, affected areas.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2018, 03:18:26 AM »
Cherry picked statistics are largely meaningless and are often used to misrepresent what is really happening. Some areas have much higher crime rates than other areas in the same country. If you want a meaningful comparison, maybe you could compare Malmö to Detroit?

With all its problems, with very high levels of immigration from countries whose dangerous citizens the US won't even let through immigration, Sweden only has about a quarter the rate of murders per capita that the US has. France, with its land borders, has about a third of the per-capita murder rate that the US has.

I was going to look up some stats and list out some comparisons but, lucky for me, someone already did it  :santa::

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/WP0KG/the-crime-situation-in-sweden-compared-to-the-us-in-4-charts

Probably some intellectually dishonest Social Justice Warrior from the Frankfurt School of Cultural Marxism. :tinfoil:
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2018, 02:16:41 PM »
Cherry picked statistics are largely meaningless and are often used to misrepresent what is really happening. Some areas have much higher crime rates than other areas in the same country. If you want a meaningful comparison, maybe you could compare Malmö to Detroit?

It's as they say, all relative. Comparing Malmö to the US is at best dishonest.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2018, 07:57:28 PM »
The causes (in Malmö) are indeed considered to be well known but not sufficiently addressed.

Yeah, too many Dune Coons.  :M

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2018, 01:39:43 AM »
The causes (in Malmö) are indeed considered to be well known but not sufficiently addressed.

Bigots will be bigots. :M

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2018, 06:20:08 PM »

Bigots will be bigots. :M

I agree, Dune Coons are bigots in addition to being rapists (Malmö IS the rape capitol of Europe) and criminal thugs.

We don't have the problem here of people throwing hand grenades at police stations or hand grenade attacks in general, unlike Sweden.   :hahaha:

Oh, I almost forgot, we don't have criminal gangs that shoot up police stations with full automatic AK-47's (an ACTUAL Assault Rifle). either.   :hahaha:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2018, 02:23:13 AM »
36 Swedes will not die in gun-related deaths today. What are the numbers like over there?
45,000 Swedes will not die this year because of lack of insurance. What are the numbers like over there?

Do you ever wonder why so many people see you as a joke, Scrap?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2018, 05:08:29 PM »
36 Swedes will not die in gun-related deaths today. What are the numbers like over there?
45,000 Swedes will not die this year because of lack of insurance. What are the numbers like over there?

Do you ever wonder why so many people see you as a joke, Scrap?

I think he's too busy 'negging us and posting incoherent shit disguised as piss-poor arguments to see it. It'd be hilarious if it didn't remind me of work, seeing a man older than myself losing his marbles possibly due to early dementia or some other kind of illness.  :M

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2018, 05:51:07 PM »

Roughly 33.

Half of those will be black people killing other black people.

Hispanics also make up a disproportionate percentage of that number.

What you're left with is murder rates comparable to Europe as a whole.

Violent crime follows the racial lines of the parent populations, the FBI has known this for decades now.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2018, 06:59:43 PM »
What is this about hand grenade attacks? Who, where and why?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2018, 09:13:36 PM »
What is this about hand grenade attacks? Who, where and why?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_grenade_attacks_in_Sweden

They get more hand grenade attacks in a year than the US does in a decade.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2018, 10:05:19 PM »
They should make grenades illegal.  :zoinks:
:gopher: