Author Topic: The Progressive ideology exposed  (Read 3491 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: The Progressive ideology exposed
« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2018, 03:08:38 AM »
I'd highly recommend Quantum Physics: The Theoretical Minimum for a no-nonsense introduction to the subject.

You might also want to read his book on classical mechanics.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2018, 06:15:40 PM »
As for discussing social justice, I doubt there is a meaningful discussion to be had with Scrap on that front. It's all cute pejoratives and name-dropping for him.

An there's a very good reason for that. Social Justice movements have all been hijacked by ideological puritans who want to reform society along ideals of human nature that have been thoroughly discredited by most psychologists and evolutionary psychologists in particular. 

Specifically, they believe in the notion of the human mind being a "blank slate" that is the formed entirely by society at large and there is no inherent biological difference between the brains of men and women. This is the point that James Damore made that got him fired from google.

They also buy into the false beliefs of racial identity movements that whites came to dominate the modern world because white people are somehow inherently pathological. They believe that all cultures are equally valid (except whites which they often deny even exist) despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, that cultures have trajectories and at any given moment in history, some cultures will be vastly outperforming other cultures in terms if advancements in science, math and engineering.

Social Justice is ultimately an anti-intellectual movement that will destroy itself soon enough.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2018, 07:14:07 PM »
So guys apologies if this has already been brought up; I sorta skimmed the last couple of pages but not in-depth:

http://www.jessebering.com/publications/

This is bringing back a presentation I did in grad school on his article "The evolutionary history of an illusion: Religious causal beliefs in children and adults."  It's cited on his page but not downloadable there; related articles (including ones he referenced) are.  Points to someone who can find it in full (I can't seem to- google scholar in 2018 is still not as powerful as ebscohost was in 2008, apparently).
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2018, 07:27:58 PM »
As for discussing social justice, I doubt there is a meaningful discussion to be had with Scrap on that front. It's all cute pejoratives and name-dropping for him.

An there's a very good reason for that. Social Justice movements have all been hijacked by ideological puritans who want to reform society along ideals of human nature that have been thoroughly discredited by most psychologists and evolutionary psychologists in particular. 

Specifically, they believe in the notion of the human mind being a "blank slate" that is the formed entirely by society at large and there is no inherent biological difference between the brains of men and women. This is the point that James Damore made that got him fired from google.

They also buy into the false beliefs of racial identity movements that whites came to dominate the modern world because white people are somehow inherently pathological. They believe that all cultures are equally valid (except whites which they often deny even exist) despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, that cultures have trajectories and at any given moment in history, some cultures will be vastly outperforming other cultures in terms if advancements in science, math and engineering.

Social Justice is ultimately an anti-intellectual movement that will destroy itself soon enough.

If you've met one person who believes in social justice, then you've met one person who believes in social justice.

All you've done there is to make a bunch of extreme generalizations based on some cherrypicked extreme views.

For example: I believe in social justice and guess what? I don't believe any of that shit that you claim I am supposed to believe in.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2018, 08:29:21 PM »
So guys apologies if this has already been brought up; I sorta skimmed the last couple of pages but not in-depth:

This is bringing back a presentation I did in grad school on his article "The evolutionary history of an illusion: Religious causal beliefs in children and adults."  It's cited on his page but not downloadable there; related articles (including ones he referenced) are.  Points to someone who can find it in full (I can't seem to- google scholar in 2018 is still not as powerful as ebscohost was in 2008, apparently).

That particular article doesn't have a link.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2018, 08:34:00 PM »
If you've met one person who believes in social justice, then you've met one person who believes in social justice.

All you've done there is to make a bunch of extreme generalizations based on some cherrypicked extreme views.

For example: I believe in social justice and guess what? I don't believe any of that shit that you claim I am supposed to believe in.

It doesn't matter what you believe because you don't have any power within these movements.

The people who are the self-appointed leaders of these movements hold extremist views and advocate subversive tactics to achieve their goals. To them, you're just a useful idiot.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2018, 08:34:14 PM »

It looks like full text can be accessed via https://www.researchgate.net/publication/232553857_The_Evolutionary_History_of_an_Illusion_Religious_Causal_Beliefs_in_Children_and_Adults

I didn't want to give fb/linked in/whatever login, but if it's important....

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2018, 08:43:10 PM »
Yeah, perhaps El can give us the cliff notes along with what her point is.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2018, 03:47:14 AM »

You present your argument as if itself was a belief system. Yours is a narrow world.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2018, 06:03:46 AM »

You present your argument as if itself was a belief system. Theirs is a narrow world.

FYP.

You're not going to get away with calling me the dogmatist, for pointing out dogmatism.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2018, 06:34:21 AM »

Offering reading material for anyone who was interested.  You seem not to be especially interested in reading.

This is bringing back a presentation I did in grad school on his article "The evolutionary history of an illusion: Religious causal beliefs in children and adults." It's cited on his page but not downloadable there; related articles (including ones he referenced) are.  Points to someone who can find it in full (I can't seem to- google scholar in 2018 is still not as powerful as ebscohost was in 2008, apparently).

That particular article doesn't have a link.
^no shit sherlock.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2018, 07:49:36 AM »

Well said Scrap.

Marxism created the divisive virtuous working class vs the evil aristocrat narrative and Cultural Marxism takes this to another level. The Progressive stack does not set divisive poor vs rich as much as concentrates on:

Men vs women
Straight vs gay
Cisgendered vs Trangendered
White vs Black
Able Bodied vs Disabled

and an intersectional clusterfuck of divisiveness. All with the virtuous underprivileged vs the ignoble or evil privileged.

It is a race to the bottom and proponents of the Social Justice mindset are not, I believe, religious but are cult-like. What binds them is the same moral righteousness and faux-intellectual mindset. The ideology is their god and on the altar of such no hypocrisy, lie or moral wrong is out of bounds. The ideology must be preserved and advanced at all costs and disputing it will brand you as a heathen (bigot). There is no room for reflection or self-critique because they are righteous and their cause is pure.

It is a load of shit.

The pervasiveness and brilliance of it is that it disguises itself well enough. This is why it has infested itself so well in the Liberal Left and take over the host. Liberalism used to be open, accepting, tolerant, and about sharing ideas and about non-rigidity to traditional norms. Also to oppose and push back on Authoritarianism and for freedom.

It was the perfect gateway for Cultural Marxists. They come in saying that they too support freedoms and want these poor underprivileged people to have a say and to have the rights denied them. But then they slowly change this angle to be we can't be open and accepting of others who are not either supporting everything we do to further our Progressive agenda no matter how disruptive, ignoble or unethical and IF you do you are actively against us and we will oppose you with Authoritarian rigour and call you, who believe yourself tolerant, intolerant and bigoted.

Most Liberals bought it and those that did not either were cowed or did not remain Liberals.

I hope that Scrap is right and the Progressives devour each other. My ONLY concern is that whilst I want things to move to the right massively from where the Progressive Left is now, I do not want it to swing completely to the right. I fear it may and we will be dealing with wacko Authoritarian Right Wing like we were 10 years ago. The Religious right doing similar bullshit with culture and society. Close to Centre on the Left is best. Even close to Centre on the Right would possibly be okay. Far Left or Far right is just crap for society.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2018, 01:07:57 PM »

You present your argument as if itself was a belief system. Theirs is a narrow world.

FYP.

You're not going to get away with calling me the dogmatist, for pointing out dogmatism.

It takes more than editing a reply. Stop acting like one and I will stop.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2018, 05:01:11 PM »

Offering reading material for anyone who was interested.  You seem not to be especially interested in reading.

I'm interested in reading it, if you can actually post a working link to it that doesn't require me to access it through facebook or some other data mining site like that.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2018, 05:04:19 PM »
Well said Scrap.

Marxism created the divisive virtuous working class vs the evil aristocrat narrative and Cultural Marxism takes this to another level. The Progressive stack does not set divisive poor vs rich as much as concentrates on:

Men vs women
Straight vs gay
Cisgendered vs Trangendered
White vs Black
Able Bodied vs Disabled

and an intersectional clusterfuck of divisiveness. All with the virtuous underprivileged vs the ignoble or evil privileged.

It is a race to the bottom and proponents of the Social Justice mindset are not, I believe, religious but are cult-like. What binds them is the same moral righteousness and faux-intellectual mindset. The ideology is their god and on the altar of such no hypocrisy, lie or moral wrong is out of bounds. The ideology must be preserved and advanced at all costs and disputing it will brand you as a heathen (bigot). There is no room for reflection or self-critique because they are righteous and their cause is pure.

It is a load of shit.

The pervasiveness and brilliance of it is that it disguises itself well enough. This is why it has infested itself so well in the Liberal Left and take over the host. Liberalism used to be open, accepting, tolerant, and about sharing ideas and about non-rigidity to traditional norms. Also to oppose and push back on Authoritarianism and for freedom.

It was the perfect gateway for Cultural Marxists. They come in saying that they too support freedoms and want these poor underprivileged people to have a say and to have the rights denied them. But then they slowly change this angle to be we can't be open and accepting of others who are not either supporting everything we do to further our Progressive agenda no matter how disruptive, ignoble or unethical and IF you do you are actively against us and we will oppose you with Authoritarian rigour and call you, who believe yourself tolerant, intolerant and bigoted.

Most Liberals bought it and those that did not either were cowed or did not remain Liberals.

I hope that Scrap is right and the Progressives devour each other. My ONLY concern is that whilst I want things to move to the right massively from where the Progressive Left is now, I do not want it to swing completely to the right. I fear it may and we will be dealing with wacko Authoritarian Right Wing like we were 10 years ago. The Religious right doing similar bullshit with culture and society. Close to Centre on the Left is best. Even close to Centre on the Right would possibly be okay. Far Left or Far right is just crap for society.

The now infamous biology professor from Evergreen State, Bret Weinstein, has a few things to add to what you said.

Keep in mind that he is a self-described Progressive Liberal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9osjKN5VWfM