Author Topic: Conservatives Worry Feminists Are Using Witchcraft To Destroy Trump  (Read 823 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
he stupid, it burns: Conservative Christians worry that feminists are placing powerful “hexes” on President Donald Trump.

Always superstitious and gullible, fearful conservative Christians worry that feminists are using black magic to sabotage the Trump administration.

Feeding the gullible Christians, conservative website Breitbart reports on “the rise of feminist witchcraft,” noting:

Following President Trump’s inauguration, witches, covens, and even A-list celebrities started to hex the president with frequent “spells.”

The article, written by Breitbart tech reporter Charlie Nash, claims that the terms “witch” and “feminist” have now become synonymous.

Earlier this week Nash appeared on Breitbart’s daily radio program to defend his bizarre and silly conspiracy theory, breathlessly claiming that there are “groups of people who are actually trying to hex the president.”

On the program Nash tried to explain his crackpot conspiracy theory, noting:

You’ve got the basic things like the Etsy stores, the Witchsy stores, where they link feminist issues with witchcraft and Wicca and there’s other kind of occult symbols, but then you also have these groups of people who are actually trying to hex the president.

Nash went on to elaborate possible reasons for the “feminist” conspiracy:

Firstly, it creates an almost—a sense of sisterhood. They have these other women which they can kind of get together and have a weird time with. Secondly, I think it scares religious people. Obviously, a lot of these people are atheistic. They like to wind up the Christians. And thirdly, I think they also have a kind of—they feel like they have a connection to the persecuted women of the Salem witch trials. They look at these women and see them as kind of as victims of patriarchy, almost.

When asked if he believed Trump was bringing about “some sort of a rise in occultism,” Nash answered:

It’s definitely a reality that occultism is becoming an increasing thing under Trump.

Bottom line: Fueled by Breitbart conspiracy theories, conservative Christians worry feminists are using witchcraft to destroy Trump.
Obvious bias is obvious, but having grown up around fundies, I fully believe this isn't just a couple of crazy people.  This is the kind of shit they would actually take seriously.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 08:25:17 PM by El »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
We aren't.

...but some are probably telling them that just to fuck with their paranoid asses. :angel:

Telling a gossipy conservative Christian that your a Wiccan or hanging a pentagram near the door is like spraying DEET all around the house...and it's cheaper than digging a moat. :zoinks:

Many are not the brightest crayons in the box and really do take that shit seriously.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Etsy stores and sisterhood, oh noes!
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Obvious bias is obvious. Pointing out the Progressives going to strange and crazy means to oust President Trump's NOT saying that there is a genuine fear that these means are going to work. It is NOT saying that reporting that wackos in the Progressive movements are associated with Progressivism or that they are Wiccans or that they are doing spells, is akin to fearing it....is it? It is also not to say that in reporting this that most Conservatives or most Christians fear this. It does certainly not mean that SOME Christian will believe that this IS something to be feared.

But maybe we can agree that some Fundamentalist Christians are believers of hexes and Some Fundamentalist Wiccans believe in spells and hexes and other bullshit. It is NOT saying that Christians generally or Conservatives generally or that Wiccans generally fall into some concept of Breitbart is Conservative outlet and so reporting this means that they and their readership fear spells that some people they report on cast at President Trump (even if a small minority may in fact actually fear that).

Of course, if you were completely biased you could come to that assessment, but then obvious bias is obvious, right?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Conservatives Worry Feminists Are Using Witchcraft To Destroy Trump
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 08:46:59 PM »
The friend of mine who commented on this said she knew a small group of people who had in fact tried to hex Trump, I think on the inauguration day?   :laugh:

Of all the horrible shit in the news about religion + politics, it was nice to get a little breath of fresh air that was just ridiculous and hilarious.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 09:51:00 PM »
The friend of mine who commented on this said she knew a small group of people who had in fact tried to hex Trump, I think on the inauguration day?   :laugh:

Of all the horrible shit in the news about religion + politics, it was nice to get a little breath of fresh air that was just ridiculous and hilarious.

I believe he's still in the freezer with a few others. (Wiccan freezer spell)

Do I believe in it?
No, not actually.

Does it make me feel better?
Yep.  :lol1:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 10:48:02 PM »
It makes you feel better to cast make believe spells that you do not believe in? I will not say how it sounds.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2017, 02:31:31 AM »
It's a better move than hacking the election. :M
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2017, 11:45:05 AM »
It makes you feel better to cast make believe spells that you do not believe in? I will not say how it sounds.

Ask me if I give a shit.  :wanker:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2017, 11:48:02 AM »

Ask me if I give a shit.  :wanker:

:autism:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Etsy stores and sisterhood, oh noes!

Last year I filled more than half my Christmas list off etsy. That place has some craftmatical geniuses.   :2thumbsup:
:gopher:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2018, 02:43:34 PM »
What is etsy?

And if feminist witches ARE hexing trump....they can't be very competent witches. If they were then they wouldn't have to do it repeatedly and often. They'd just sacrifice a black cockerel or whatever they do, and have him drop dead on the spot.

And in any case what need is there to curse the guy. He is his OWN curse. He doesn't need help to end up a trainwreck, because he's already there past the point of no return. Who needs to curse a guy that was born a failure and who looks like david dixon given a bad spray tan, force-fed carrots and melons until his stomach almost burst then cooked in a microwave, if he had  a bastard child with boris johnson and been born anally rather than vaginally. His mother and father cursed him pretty bad the very moment one stuck their dick in the other's twat.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2018, 03:49:46 PM »
What is etsy?

And if feminist witches ARE hexing trump....they can't be very competent witches. If they were then they wouldn't have to do it repeatedly and often. They'd just sacrifice a black cockerel or whatever they do, and have him drop dead on the spot.

It doesn't work that way. Even with those that identify as satanists instead of wiccan or pagan.

Only in the movies, or with kids that normally don't know any better.

Those sneaky Catholics are far more likely to sacrifice chickens... and serve them with gravy and mashed potatoes.  :zoinks:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2018, 04:36:05 PM »
What is etsy?

It's a selling/shopping website, but a lot of the things on there are handmade. :orly: This Christmas I only bought one thing from there, but the Christmas before I bought a few clocks that were made from repurposed circuit boards and hard drives. They were really unique and my family are geeks, so they were well received.  :thumbup:

Here's the website.
https://www.etsy.com/
:gopher:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2018, 04:44:05 PM »
I KNOW that, IQ. I was just being flippant. I've read a fair bit about both wicca, and the left hand path, LaVeyan satanism, order of the golden dawn, etc. I've even got an antique grimoire somewhere.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.