Author Topic: Where did the US screw up?  (Read 6949 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Where did the US screw up?
« Reply #225 on: November 24, 2017, 10:52:04 PM »
A last generation? As in the extinction of the human race?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #226 on: November 25, 2017, 02:37:31 AM »
Welp, at some point- maybe sooner than later- we'll have a last generation.  And boy won't that screw the data for all these theories up.

(Sorry if that part already got said- I did try to read through the thread but it's kinda laborious.)

:laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #227 on: November 25, 2017, 11:04:14 AM »
Yeah.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #228 on: November 26, 2017, 02:36:03 AM »
Yeah.

The upside is that there's no need for anyone to explain anything.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #229 on: November 29, 2017, 05:33:38 AM »
I took "generation" to be when a child was born up to the time they were likely to have children of their own. Accounting for historical and cultural changes and getting rid of outliers this 16-29 seems about right

o_O
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #230 on: November 29, 2017, 05:51:41 AM »
I took "generation" to be when a child was born up to the time they were likely to have children of their own. Accounting for historical and cultural changes and getting rid of outliers this 16-29 seems about right

o_O

Do you need finger puppets to explain the concept?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #231 on: November 29, 2017, 06:02:12 AM »

o_O

Do you need finger puppets to explain the concept?

It's not exactly rocket science, but it is starting to look like I'm gonna need some kind of prop.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #232 on: November 29, 2017, 06:16:21 AM »

o_O

Okay. The of 16-29 years for a generation was claimed to be a too ill-defined. I, however, believe that though generation is assessed as being from the time of people in a community being born to when they become parents themselves, it is a difficult science to make a hard and fast determination as to exactly what that age is.
Do you need finger puppets to explain the concept? If you cut out the real outliers of precocious puberty and pregnancies and such and likewise the freakish 50yr old+ mothers and geriatric fathers then look at various cultures in a community in recent history, I think that 16-29 is a reasonable assessment and will capture most of the age of birth to parenthood. In future they will likely stretch this even further.

It's not exactly rocket science, but it is starting to look like I'm gonna need some kind of prop.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #233 on: November 29, 2017, 06:32:18 AM »

o_O

Okay. The of 16-29 years for a generation was claimed to be a too ill-defined. I, however, believe that though generation is assessed as being from the time of people in a community being born to when they become parents themselves, it is a difficult science to make a hard and fast determination as to exactly what that age is.
Do you need finger puppets to explain the concept? If you cut out the real outliers of precocious puberty and pregnancies and such and likewise the freakish 50yr old+ mothers and geriatric fathers then look at various cultures in a community in recent history, I think that 16-29 is a reasonable assessment and will capture most of the age of birth to parenthood. In future they will likely stretch this even further.

o_O    o_O    o_O

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #234 on: November 29, 2017, 06:35:17 AM »
Poor you  :trump: