Educational

Author Topic: Crock Pot Recipes  (Read 157 times)

Online Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Crock Pot Recipes
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2017, 11:00:49 PM »
I think in part because of lack of room in the fridge.  :/

Is the freezer just as full?

I know I'm too late to talk you down from anything, but I'm a huge fan of cooking big batches of things and freezing them into meal-sized portions to minimize the amount of cooking effort per result.
People just like to think they can know who the monsters are, but they can't.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2017, 03:22:00 PM »
I think in part because of lack of room in the fridge.  :/

Is the freezer just as full?
Yeah.

I know I'm too late to talk you down from anything, but I'm a huge fan of cooking big batches of things and freezing them into meal-sized portions to minimize the amount of cooking effort per result.
See... that still sounds like a lot of effort, to me.  :/
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2017, 07:35:12 PM »
I boiled it again, had a bowl, threw the rest away.  I also didn't really like the composition of it that much in the first place- I tried to put too much stuff in it.

If someone wants to talk me down, I'm going out for several hours before I return to the crock pot of death, so there's still time.
Am making a crockpot veggie soup tomorrow for the vegan eldest; wish me luck. :laugh:
Luck!
It turned out well. It was bland until she got home and added more seasoning, then it was awesome. :laugh:

Online Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2017, 09:59:14 PM »
And now, I learn about food storeage.

According to the internet, I should probably throw away the food I made because it's spent too long at room temp (like a day and a half total, at least, and counting).  Considering re-heating it and eating it anyway.  It's just potatoes, some frozen veggies and some canned beans.  There's bouillon in there but no actual meat products.

Oh good lord. Don't waste food. Most things are just fine at room temp for a couple days.

When I make a stew or something, I usually intentionally leave it out so it's easier to warm up
and to nibble on at will.

In terms of health, avoid dumpster diving on hot summer days, if possible. Otherwise, it's probably fine.
I've gotten sick off food twice - both times from the supermarket and eaten soon after shopping. Once
with some shrimp and once with some spinach (e-coli that time).

Offline Minister of silly walks

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2017, 02:30:11 AM »
And now, I learn about food storeage.

According to the internet, I should probably throw away the food I made because it's spent too long at room temp (like a day and a half total, at least, and counting).  Considering re-heating it and eating it anyway.  It's just potatoes, some frozen veggies and some canned beans.  There's bouillon in there but no actual meat products.

Oh good lord. Don't waste food. Most things are just fine at room temp for a couple days.

When I make a stew or something, I usually intentionally leave it out so it's easier to warm up
and to nibble on at will.

In terms of health, avoid dumpster diving on hot summer days, if possible. Otherwise, it's probably fine.
I've gotten sick off food twice - both times from the supermarket and eaten soon after shopping. Once
with some shrimp and once with some spinach (e-coli that time).

My wife leaves food out at room temperature for a few days - curries, casseroles, soups etc. Usually containing meat. Reheat once in the morning and once in the evening and we usually finish it before it smells too funky. Open the lid and have a look, if it looks back at you it's time to throw it out.

I'm not dead yet.