Author Topic: Trump  (Read 3176 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Trump
« Reply #165 on: December 17, 2017, 05:35:55 AM »
Here's an idea.  Why don't Benji and Al start an insult and 911 thread somewhere else, and the grown ups will stay here and talk about the thread subject?

Or a better idea, how about you get your head out of your arse and come to realise that you have AN opinion. NOT THE opinion. Not the truth, the most mature,  the moral benchmark, not the most intellectual opinion BUT just AN opinion. But if YOU want to fuck off that would be fine. I will post wherever I damn well please. Hope that is understood. It is, isn't it, dumbarse?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2017, 05:38:50 AM »
Doesn't matter why they were dropped.

It mattered to you when you claimed they were fabricated.

One of the women said the police made the allegations up.

Which woman said this and when?  Can you post some sort of link to this information?

It is all political.  If Assange didn't do what he does he wouldn't be wanted by the police.  Just look at what happened to Manning and Snowden.  If you tell these unwanted truths, you're gonna get locked up.

You also get locked up in Sweden for sexual offences against women. I think that's quite pertinent to Assange's situation.

From what I've seen of Assange I think he could be on the spectrum.

I have no idea what this has to do with anything.  I'm on the spectrum and I don't act like Putin's cock piece.  Neither do I sleaze up women in Sweden.

"Damages America"?  What, their war industry?  Fucking right I back him for that.  Cool that you support mass murder though.  When has he "backed putin"?

I'm not American, but I would think that a propaganda machine that makes idiots on forums doubt their own intelligence agencies and law enforcement and instead believe the workings of hostile foreign powers would count as damaging America.

There were ALLEGATIONS. Were they true or were they false?

Which allegations are you talking about? Assange? You know perfectly well what happened.

Yes, Assange said he had sex with some women and some women said he sexually assaulted them AND that is all ANYONE knows EXCEPT Assange ad the women who have made the accusations AND anyone pretending to know more than this is an idiot. I think that necessarily includes FourAce but I think they are the only one on this board making such statement based on a dislike for Assange and a stupidity that plagues them.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2017, 06:37:37 AM »
More to the point: Assange was accused of raping a woman and,rather than facing those accusations, he went and hid in an embassy for more than 5 years.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #168 on: December 17, 2017, 06:55:27 AM »
More to the point: Assange was accused of raping a woman and,rather than facing those accusations, he went and hid in an embassy for more than 5 years.

You, of course, mean "rather than risk being deported to America as a non-citizen for the kind of enemy of the state charges that he has good reason to believe are waiting for him".

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2017, 08:39:27 AM »
Yes, Assange said he had sex with some women and some women said he sexually assaulted them AND that is all ANYONE knows EXCEPT Assange ad the women who have made the accusations AND anyone pretending to know more than this is an idiot. I think that necessarily includes FourAce but I think they are the only one on this board making such statement based on a dislike for Assange and a stupidity that plagues them.

Benji brought this subject up.  Benji said that the allegations had been proved to be false.  I just asked for a link to something that showed that.

But once again, whenever I ask for people to quote sources I am met with a tirade of insults and accusations.

I am aware other people have OPINIONS but when they state things as facts I like to see proof.  That's how debate works. 

I draw attention to the fact that you and your chums are getting more and more insulting.  If you can't debate you shouldn't be here.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #170 on: December 17, 2017, 02:22:26 PM »

Benji brought this subject up.  Benji said that the allegations had been proved to be false.  I just asked for a link to something that showed that.

But once again, whenever I ask for people to quote sources I am met with a tirade of insults and accusations.

I am aware other people have OPINIONS but when they state things as facts I like to see proof.  That's how debate works. 

I draw attention to the fact that you and your chums are getting more and more insulting.  If you can't debate you shouldn't be here.

Me too, unless something is as plain to see as the nose on your face. The obvious correlation between mental health and gun violence being one.

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #171 on: December 17, 2017, 02:23:24 PM »

Me too, unless something is as plain to see as the nose on your face. The obvious correlation between mental health and gun violence being one.

Wrong thread.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #172 on: December 17, 2017, 02:26:04 PM »

Wrong thread.

No, it is an example, no matter which thread.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2017, 12:34:50 AM »

You'd suck as a scientist.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2017, 12:37:08 AM »
Which allegations are you talking about? Assange? You know perfectly well what happened.

You missed the point. This is what happened:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2017, 02:54:43 AM »

You missed the point of what happened. The US made it clear that they wanted to extradite him from UK or Sweden to the US first opportunity he had. He was and as far as I know, still is shit scared of being extradited to the US the moment he leaves his Embassy safe hole.

He tried to get assurances that he would not be picked up and flown to the US the moment he stepped out or right after any trial in Sweden and the US made it very clear the moment he was out of the safety of the Equatorial Embassy he was fair game.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2017, 12:37:50 AM »

You missed the point of what happened. The US made it clear that they wanted to extradite him from UK or Sweden to the US first opportunity he had. He was and as far as I know, still is shit scared of being extradited to the US the moment he leaves his Embassy safe hole.

He tried to get assurances that he would not be picked up and flown to the US the moment he stepped out or right after any trial in Sweden and the US made it very clear the moment he was out of the safety of the Equatorial Embassy he was fair game.

Except that wasn't how it happened.

At the time of the Ecuadorian Embassy thing starting in 2012, the US had said no such thing. Yes, Assange refused to return to Sweden on those grounds, asking Sweden for assurances, but Sweden simply said that they had had no such request from the US and weren't able to offer generic assurances, only that they would follow Swedish Law. Among other things, that law makes it clear that an extradition request would be denied if he risked the death penalty. Or, for that matter, if he risked not getting a fair trial.

Remember that he fled to the embassy because the UK agreed to turn him over to the Swedish authorities for questioning. No such request had been made by the US at the time and the UK said as much. Also, the US did confirm that Assange was not wanted by them.

Interestingly, Assange wanted to stay in Sweden at the time of the alleged rape. Apparently he then considered Sweden a safe haven. Sweden said no the following year, stating that he did not meet the criteria. Go figure.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2017, 01:51:40 AM »

Except that wasn't how it happened.

At the time of the Ecuadorian Embassy thing starting in 2012, the US had said no such thing. Yes, Assange refused to return to Sweden on those grounds, asking Sweden for assurances, but Sweden simply said that they had had no such request from the US and weren't able to offer generic assurances, only that they would follow Swedish Law. Among other things, that law makes it clear that an extradition request would be denied if he risked the death penalty. Or, for that matter, if he risked not getting a fair trial.

Remember that he fled to the embassy because the UK agreed to turn him over to the Swedish authorities for questioning. No such request had been made by the US at the time and the UK said as much. Also, the US did confirm that Assange was not wanted by them.

Interestingly, Assange wanted to stay in Sweden at the time of the alleged rape. Apparently he then considered Sweden a safe haven. Sweden said no the following year, stating that he did not meet the criteria. Go figure.

And now that Sweden has dropped the charges he ISN'T coming out of the Embassy for reasons that seem unconnected to Sweden

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2017, 12:49:16 PM »
Yes, it seems that way. I suppose it is part of the territory in his line of work. He has made lots of enemies and I'd be surprised if the US didn't want to get hold of him now.

For the record, I think Sweden handled this poorly. They should have agreed to interviewing him at the embassy to start with. It would have been easier for everyone involved.

I still don't know what to think about the case as such.

- Albert Einstein