Author Topic: Trump  (Read 3171 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: Trump
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2017, 10:55:58 AM »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcNe-U6Azi6/

"Beautiful Long Island Sound from Westport, CT. To paraphrase the Buddha — Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun; the moon; and the truth. "

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2017, 01:57:57 PM »
That's right Al.  I'm moving the goal posts. 

Meanwhile...  Manafort.  PopoGOPolous.  Gates.  Flynn.  Four people charged with links to Russia.  Now Mueller is within the inner circle and Flynn is singing.  It's going to go badly for some.

Why not tell us how you think this is all going to end?  We'll come back to this and compare in a few months time.

I think that none of these people really has much to actually incriminate Trump BUT the fact that each of these people has lied, money laundered and gone rogue doing stuff unsanctioned whilst not in itself incriminating Trump it has a larger effect.

It looks bad. These are people connected with Trump and THAT MAY have the effect of undermining confidence in Trump in the eyes of Congress. If people are waiting with baited breath for the revelation that Trump was in on some big Russia collusion thing, I think they will be disappointed. HOWEVER, the big question is does he NEED to be incriminated on this OR can the Democrats who hate him and the GOP establishment who also hate him, remove him from office because on the basis of such poor choices and bad actions from those around him?

There is actual merit in this argument. It would be a bit of a roll of the dice and I think he can avoid this but I think it has more merit.

There is another person you did not mention. Jared "Mr Perfect" Kushner. If ANYONE in his team is likely to bring him down, I think it is Kushner. I think Kushner is like Pappadopoulos but with more standing and authority. What is more, I think Trump will, if pressed, cover for him. I think Jared is used to doing what he wants and being seen as the mover and shaker and out of anyone in the Administration is the one most likely to have done stupid things or okayed stupid actions in a quest to be seen as a big player.

I also think at the end of the day, even Jared will get away with anything he has done but will make Trump look bad.

If I had to put odds on

60% It will all come to nothing
25% The end of the Mueller investigation will not incriminate Trump but will do enough to make him look bad enough to oust him
10% Jared incriminates Trump in something and brings down Trump
5% Flynn incriminates Trump in something and Brings down Trump

As the percentage says I neither think Trump has done anything that will incriminate him nor do I think he is going down. But I don't know.

I must agree with you that Kushner is the key (we can continue to argue another time).  If Trump has a weak stop it's this man.  He's the one man Trump can't throw under the bus without personal repercussions.  How many hops is it from Flynn to Kushner?  I don't know, but I'm betting it's not a large number.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2017, 12:28:34 AM »
Odeon has made a point. A tired point at the moment but one with at least a bit of merit. The "we don't know yet the full extent and whilst NOTHING has definitively come to light to actually incriminate Trump in this Russian collusion narrative, Mueller MAY have something substantial.

This is not what I said.

I was trying to paraphrase. Is this not the crux of your position? If not then let me know what nuance I missed?

The "crux of my position" is that we don't know the full extent of what Mueller's got. The rest of your paraphrase is not me.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2017, 08:06:01 AM »
Turns out my understanding was wrong.

Flynn's "deal" only extends to this prosecution and not other ones.  In the near future he may have to deal again on other charges.  Also, interesting reports that he is singing "in the interests of the nation".  I wonder if they are true.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2017, 08:32:14 PM »
Odeon has made a point. A tired point at the moment but one with at least a bit of merit. The "we don't know yet the full extent and whilst NOTHING has definitively come to light to actually incriminate Trump in this Russian collusion narrative, Mueller MAY have something substantial.

This is not what I said.

I was trying to paraphrase. Is this not the crux of your position? If not then let me know what nuance I missed?

The "crux of my position" is that we don't know the full extent of what Mueller's got. The rest of your paraphrase is not me.

Seems the same to me - but with a different slant. The second line is really just a clarification, no?

Or, do you indeed no something that Mewller has on the Cheeto in Chief?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2017, 12:23:49 AM »
I did not say that "nothing has definitely come to light...", merely that we don't know. Adding that subtly changes what I said.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2017, 01:26:54 AM »
Just the tone. Unless you're saying that we are avoiding the general sources.

Certainly Mueller, Trump, and many others may know a great deal more than we do - but it hasn't come to light.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2017, 01:48:33 AM »
Just the tone. Unless you're saying that we are avoiding the general sources.

Certainly Mueller, Trump, and many others may know a great deal more than we do - but it hasn't come to light.

That was my understanding. By comes to light, I mean to the general public.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2017, 09:30:35 AM »
Cheeto in chief...haha.

He does kinda look like a wotsit with a shitty spray tan, doesn't he :P

Bush was just as bad. The extent to which he resembles a hairless chimpanzee is uncanny. Although I'd think a chimp would beat him senseless (well, at least, just beat him, since you can't beat out of somebody that which was never there to begin with :LOL:) in an intellectual debate.

One flung turd, and it'd be all over for bush. Who's turd and who did the flinging wouldn't matter. He'd still get owned.

Tony Bliar (spelling quite accurate, TIA) on the other hand, if he didn't look like a cobra in a shirt and tie, then I'll be damned and grow bloody boobs. Out of my knees.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:34:49 AM by Lestat »
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2017, 01:15:24 PM »
Cheeto in chief...haha.

He does kinda look like a wotsit with a shitty spray tan, doesn't he :P

Bush was just as bad. The extent to which he resembles a hairless chimpanzee is uncanny. Although I'd think a chimp would beat him senseless (well, at least, just beat him, since you can't beat out of somebody that which was never there to begin with :LOL:) in an intellectual debate.

One flung turd, and it'd be all over for bush. Who's turd and who did the flinging wouldn't matter. He'd still get owned.

Tony Bliar (spelling quite accurate, TIA) on the other hand, if he didn't look like a cobra in a shirt and tie, then I'll be damned and grow bloody boobs. Out of my knees.

I never saw that before, but now you've pointed it out I can't unsee it.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2017, 02:22:34 PM »
It even hisses like a snake when It speaks, doesn't It.

Listen to the creature making a speech, if you can stomach quite such a heavy torrent of sycophancy and bollockspeak, you won't be able to unhear it either. Bliar isss a ss, s nake that tellsss l, l ,l liesss,   its the way he breaks his speech with that kind of repeated paussse, reminds me of a snake, flicking its tongue out and tasting the air in between parts of hisss sssentenssessss...
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2017, 08:38:46 PM »
Trump has been strangely silent on Twitter.
Rumors are flying that Mueller now has the bank info.

Time to sort the laundry.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2017, 12:33:15 AM »
He should be nervous.

- Albert Einstein

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2017, 03:14:08 AM »
It even hisses like a snake when It speaks, doesn't It.

Listen to the creature making a speech, if you can stomach quite such a heavy torrent of sycophancy and bollockspeak, you won't be able to unhear it either. Bliar isss a ss, s nake that tellsss l, l ,l liesss,   its the way he breaks his speech with that kind of repeated paussse, reminds me of a snake, flicking its tongue out and tasting the air in between parts of hisss sssentenssessss...

Snake he was.  And undone by his own vanity and desire to be remembered as a world class statesman.  But idiot he was not.

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2017, 03:19:17 AM »
Trump has been strangely silent on Twitter.
Rumors are flying that Mueller now has the bank info.

Time to sort the laundry.

One suspects that his lawyers have finally taught him what self incrimination means.