Author Topic: Trump  (Read 3172 times)

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
Trump
« on: November 29, 2017, 06:14:04 AM »
...has just retweeted 3 videos originally posted by a member of the UKs "Britain First" organisation.

This has just pushed everything else off the news in the UK.  This is possibly the biggest news event of the freaking year.

I wonder how his press office are going to smooth this one over.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Trump
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 06:20:21 AM »
...has just retweeted 3 videos originally posted by a member of the UKs "Britain First" organisation.

This has just pushed everything else off the news in the UK.  This is possibly the biggest news event of the freaking year.

National Pride is not a bad thing. Understanding it and appreciating it in others is not a bad thing surely?

I may be missing something in your telling. Trump tweeted. He does this a lot. He supports an organisation that is supporting their homeland? I dunno. I may be missing some greater nuance.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 06:37:31 AM »

National Pride is not a bad thing. Understanding it and appreciating it in others is not a bad thing surely?

I may be missing something in your telling. Trump tweeted. He does this a lot. He supports an organisation that is supporting their homeland? I dunno. I may be missing some greater nuance.

Trying to translate who Britain First can be difficult.  Yes they are white, christian and full of pride, but they're also a group formed from the collapse of several illegal football hooligan/organised violence groups with links to the northern Irish Loyalist terror community.  They're not just christian, they are anti-catholic extremists.  They are as nazi as you can get in Britain without getting immediately arrested.  Even the more right leaning of the political right of British politics hate them. 

I would guess that the nearest to them in the US would be the Aryan Nation people.

And they are not the sort of people that a countries leader should be retweating.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 07:33:25 AM »

Trying to translate who Britain First can be difficult.  Yes they are white, christian and full of pride, but they're also a group formed from the collapse of several illegal football hooligan/organised violence groups with links to the northern Irish Loyalist terror community.  They're not just christian, they are anti-catholic extremists.  They are as nazi as you can get in Britain without getting immediately arrested.  Even the more right leaning of the political right of British politics hate them. 

I would guess that the nearest to them in the US would be the Aryan Nation people.

And they are not the sort of people that a countries leader should be retweating.

Like this mob?

Meh, I do not see the big deal so much.

What I mean to say is, the other day I quoted Noam Chomsky. I do not particularly like him or agree with much of what he thinks or says BUT he was absolutely on point with what I quoted. So is my agreeing with something he says and/or quoting him at all, tantamount to agreeing with his every utterance, thought, political convictions and whatever? This seems to be the standard you are putting on Trump. I am not so sure I agree with it all.

Or let's put it another way. I think Obama was charismatic, articulate, had a huge amount of poise, grace, charm and sense of gravity and reserve. He came across as genuine and thoughtful and measured.
I think Trump on most of these accounts fails very badly.
I think history will be a LOT kinder to Trump than Obama. I think the reason will be that Trump will be a far better President and do far more for the country than Obama did.

I can think these things whilst accepting the things I really liked about Obama are absent in Trump and visa versa. Do you see what I mean?

Maybe Trump was agreeing with some sentiments that he DOES align with? Maybe agreeing with some specific elements of their platform is NOT endorsement of everything they think do or say?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 07:59:04 AM »
When your president is supporting the output form a neo-nazi group you have taken a wrong turn.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 12:55:43 PM »
When your president is supporting the output form a neo-nazi group you have taken a wrong turn.

Or they have said something worthy of support perhaps? I think it shows the opposite of what you are trying to say and for the reasons I have already shown.

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 04:52:43 PM »

Or they have said something worthy of support perhaps? I think it shows the opposite of what you are trying to say and for the reasons I have already shown.

The fact that you support his actions does not surprise me in any way.  I already know what you are and where you get your information.

FYI, all three videos are already old news, having been first posted 4 or 5 years ago.  Two were debunked as false years ago, and the third, some old shit with a beard throwing a statue, could have come from anywhere.  Who knows.  The chances of him being a god appointed spokesman for Islam is pretty slim - only the educationally subnormal could interpret it that way.

But I'd be interested in hearing your views on what Trump has done that makes him such a good president.  Fire away.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 12:06:43 AM »
Watch what's going on with Mueller.

I think it's a distraction, and a extremely bad one. The second one aimed right at all the religious nutters here that think he's the second coming of Christ. ::)

The first video was from protests in Egypt in 2013, in the second the guy breaks an already broken statue while no one knows what he's saying...and the third was already discredited by the Embassy of Netherlands...the "so called Muslim attacker" was Dutch. 

He talks about "fake news"??
He's nuts.

Little Suckabee Sanders will lie through her teeth and come up with something to defend him with though I'm sure.

What have we become here?
It's totally fucking embarrassing. :facepalm2:

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 02:25:17 AM »
One can understand why some don;t get the full horror though.  If you just read Breitbart and watch Fox you only get told about one third of what he does.  They edit out anything embarrassing.

It's now getting difficult to get good odds on whether he'll be impeached.  Currently at 5/4.  If you want good odds you have to guess the year.  2018 is 7/2.

Putin is laughing his cock off at all this.  And if the stakes weren't so high we'd be laughing too.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 03:33:50 AM »

The fact that you support his actions does not surprise me in any way.  I already know what you are and where you get your information.

FYI, all three videos are already old news, having been first posted 4 or 5 years ago.  Two were debunked as false years ago, and the third, some old shit with a beard throwing a statue, could have come from anywhere.  Who knows.  The chances of him being a god appointed spokesman for Islam is pretty slim - only the educationally subnormal could interpret it that way.

But I'd be interested in hearing your views on what Trump has done that makes him such a good president.  Fire away.

What I am? An Australian Centrist. Where I get my information? News.com.au, Breitbart, MSM.com, Washington Post, Twitter, Youtube and Reddit.

The videos? Up til this point of the conversation, I did not know we were even talking about videos. I thought he had retweeted something someone said. The someone was apparently someone from an organisation called "Britain First" (so I suspected a Patriot Brexit pseudo-political organsation). You told me they were dregs and I said that whatever he was retweeting was likely something he agreed with. As I pointed out I agree with what I agree with regardless of who said it and I think this is a good standard. If Ted Bundy loved Roy Orbison it does not mean I have to now hate Roy's music because Bundy is a monster. This "You cannot support an opinion you agree with if it is from someone that we don't like" makes NO sense to me.

What I like about Trump? I think that the Establishment is not Liberal but "Progressives" or enable "Progressivism". I like Liberal ideology generally but I hate Progressivism. Trump's every move is a counter to the Establishment and the Cultural Marxism of Progressivism.

The obvious risk is that by countering the Progressives, that culture and society will swing too far in the opposite direction and instead of becoming more centrist or Moderate Liberal/Libertarian, they will swing past and go into some different but equally bad territory like the Religious Right of years ago. But maybe not.

But the economy seems good, he is breaking up the globalist agreements that effectively pretend all countries are not identities of their own but rather simply a part of a collectivist whole. He is enforcing against illegal immigration that I agree with. He is wiping out ISIS which is a pretty scary group. He is calling out the Media who I have disliked for many years. He is doing a lot of things I think are admirable.

Does that mean he is not flawed? He is nearly on inarticulate, believes in a lot of silly things including vaccines causing Autism, the birther thing was a bit stupid. A few other bits and pieces are cringe BUT irrespectively squaring the ledger, he does very well upsetting the right people and making enough changes and owning others.

100% better than Hillary.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 07:40:59 AM »
One can understand why some don;t get the full horror though.  If you just read Breitbart and watch Fox you only get told about one third of what he does.  They edit out anything embarrassing.

It's now getting difficult to get good odds on whether he'll be impeached.  Currently at 5/4.  If you want good odds you have to guess the year.  2018 is 7/2.

Putin is laughing his cock off at all this.  And if the stakes weren't so high we'd be laughing too.

My wonder is will they impeach him as a result of Mueller's findings or are they going to invoke the 25th on his crazy ass?

I think it might end up being a little bit of both. But when the train finally crashes it isn't going to be a smooth ride for any of us.  :P

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 02:20:11 PM »
It's scary shit now, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 03:18:06 PM »

Yes it is.

I feel really bad for the kids seeing this. This isn't how it's supposed to be. This isn't "normal". I'm glad mine is old enough to understand that, because explaining this mess to the ones old enough to be asking "why?" has to be hard.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 03:22:43 PM »

Yes it is.

I feel really bad for the kids seeing this. This isn't how it's supposed to be. This isn't "normal". I'm glad mine is old enough to understand that, because explaining this mess to the ones old enough to be asking "why?" has to be hard.

Impeachment should be ANY day....

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2017, 10:44:45 AM »

Yes it is.

The man is unfit to be president. Actually, he's unfit to be anything.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein