Start here > Free For ALL

Trump

(1/36) > >>

FourAceDeal:
...has just retweeted 3 videos originally posted by a member of the UKs "Britain First" organisation.

This has just pushed everything else off the news in the UK.  This is possibly the biggest news event of the freaking year.

I wonder how his press office are going to smooth this one over.

Al Swearegen:

--- Quote from: FourAceDeal on November 29, 2017, 06:14:04 AM ---...has just retweeted 3 videos originally posted by a member of the UKs "Britain First" organisation.

This has just pushed everything else off the news in the UK.  This is possibly the biggest news event of the freaking year.

--- End quote ---

National Pride is not a bad thing. Understanding it and appreciating it in others is not a bad thing surely?

I may be missing something in your telling. Trump tweeted. He does this a lot. He supports an organisation that is supporting their homeland? I dunno. I may be missing some greater nuance.

FourAceDeal:

--- Quote from: Al Swearengen on November 29, 2017, 06:20:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: FourAceDeal on November 29, 2017, 06:14:04 AM ---...has just retweeted 3 videos originally posted by a member of the UKs "Britain First" organisation.

--- End quote ---

National Pride is not a bad thing. Understanding it and appreciating it in others is not a bad thing surely?

I may be missing something in your telling. Trump tweeted. He does this a lot. He supports an organisation that is supporting their homeland? I dunno. I may be missing some greater nuance.

--- End quote ---

Trying to translate who Britain First can be difficult.  Yes they are white, christian and full of pride, but they're also a group formed from the collapse of several illegal football hooligan/organised violence groups with links to the northern Irish Loyalist terror community.  They're not just christian, they are anti-catholic extremists.  They are as nazi as you can get in Britain without getting immediately arrested.  Even the more right leaning of the political right of British politics hate them. 

I would guess that the nearest to them in the US would be the Aryan Nation people.

And they are not the sort of people that a countries leader should be retweating.

Al Swearegen:

--- Quote from: FourAceDeal on November 29, 2017, 06:37:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: Al Swearengen on November 29, 2017, 06:20:21 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Trying to translate who Britain First can be difficult.  Yes they are white, christian and full of pride, but they're also a group formed from the collapse of several illegal football hooligan/organised violence groups with links to the northern Irish Loyalist terror community.  They're not just christian, they are anti-catholic extremists.  They are as nazi as you can get in Britain without getting immediately arrested.  Even the more right leaning of the political right of British politics hate them. 

I would guess that the nearest to them in the US would be the Aryan Nation people.

And they are not the sort of people that a countries leader should be retweating.

--- End quote ---

Like this mob?

Meh, I do not see the big deal so much.

What I mean to say is, the other day I quoted Noam Chomsky. I do not particularly like him or agree with much of what he thinks or says BUT he was absolutely on point with what I quoted. So is my agreeing with something he says and/or quoting him at all, tantamount to agreeing with his every utterance, thought, political convictions and whatever? This seems to be the standard you are putting on Trump. I am not so sure I agree with it all.

Or let's put it another way. I think Obama was charismatic, articulate, had a huge amount of poise, grace, charm and sense of gravity and reserve. He came across as genuine and thoughtful and measured.
I think Trump on most of these accounts fails very badly.
I think history will be a LOT kinder to Trump than Obama. I think the reason will be that Trump will be a far better President and do far more for the country than Obama did.

I can think these things whilst accepting the things I really liked about Obama are absent in Trump and visa versa. Do you see what I mean?

Maybe Trump was agreeing with some sentiments that he DOES align with? Maybe agreeing with some specific elements of their platform is NOT endorsement of everything they think do or say?

FourAceDeal:
When your president is supporting the output form a neo-nazi group you have taken a wrong turn.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version