Author Topic: I really can't believe you all bought it!  (Read 4640 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: I really can't believe you all bought it!
« Reply #210 on: November 30, 2017, 05:59:23 PM »
Oops, almost plussed you for that jack, sorry.

No need for raxy and elle to feud. Not on my part. Still, thanks 'raxy. But yeah, thats pretty much all I've been asking. Not to take the time to spit down the back of my neck as she walks (elle) past. After I actually DID make an effort to change how I came across based on what elle said. I'm a decent human being. Not a post for somebody to hang their underwear on. Shouldn't the default treatment two people afford each other be 'common decency' ? plenty places thats absent in the world and look where it gets the inhabitants of such places. They wind up like the middle east, or somalia.

Whatever the  reasons for her to have a bad temper, or anyone else, things in her day to day meatspace life aren't a fair or reasonable excuse to do that to people, me or anyone else, who have nothing whatsoever to do with that life, bar membership of the same forum.

Its one thing if I go out of my way to provoke elle, another if I don't. What have I done for the most part but to try but to bring about a cessation of hostilities?
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #211 on: November 30, 2017, 06:09:51 PM »
To be fair though, there's been no middle ground; it's either syrup or venom. Some harsh things have been said and can't blame her for not wanting to forgive them. Just didn't notice anything going on at the time, so it looked like chair kicking.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #212 on: November 30, 2017, 07:07:34 PM »
I admit, eventually I kinda lost my temper a bit. I'd be far happier with neutrality (not trying to go for sickly). But, you get spat on enough times, your going to get annoyed. I've done a bit of chair kicking myself. But I'm TRYING to put things past us, and encourage elle to shake hands, agree to disagree, we each keep our venom to ourselves, and whilst there has been provocation on both parts, mine in response to more of the same, and then to go and do our thing here.

But theres only so hard I'm willing to try, for so long, in the face of continual aggro my way. I don't think that however is an unusual or excessive thing on my part. Or hers. I know few people to nobody who are going to stand there, take a shitstorm repeatedly and not reply EVENTUALLY with a temper fraying and eventually something snappy being said.

I'm not trying to go out of my way to be cutting and snidey here. I am trying, for once and all, to resolve this. Suggesting I apologise for my part, she apologizes for hers, to whatever measure is duly apportioned us, we shake hands and agree to disagree, without the sniping, hissing and spitting and fur flying. I don't want it, I doubt she wants it. If that is, as I imagine, the case, why should we not do so? It is the logical course of action.

I'm just as willing to defend myself and spit back if spat on, meet fire with fire, but I'd rather not spend my time feuding with elle and I don't see why elle would prefer feuding over peace.

So, that said, from now on, what shall it be, elle? I'm willing if you are. The offer is open, and there is no ulterior motive. The motive is a mutually more pleasant time for BOTH of us. In equal measure. A cessation of hostilities for its own sake. Anyone else see anything hidden and nasty between the lines here? (if its there, then it isn't intended to be)

That is what is on the table. Elle, are you going to take it, as described, with no hidden motive, no hidden implication. Plain and simple. Lets stop sniping, with the aim being a better atmosphere for both of us. Your entitled to your opinions, so am I. But neither of us need to shout them right down the ear of the other. Apology for my part in previous spats proffered, no price tag attached, just request for the same. Lets bring this to the end, both be the better person for it. I'm not asking for your world, just for you not to piss in mine, and in return I treat you, as I am treated.

Treat me well, I treat you well, treat me neutrally I treat you neutrally, treat me like shit, I'll act the same way. Pretty much anybody would do the same thing, so I'm asking for nothing special. But I would prefer one of the two former options, and if we both take one of those options, we will both come out on top. Not on top of each other (in a treading on sense, I don't mean that in an innuendo sense) just sharing the view without the environment being covered in dog muck. Preferable isn't it to having flies everywhere and bags of dog crap being thrown (by anybody)?

I would appreciate at least an answer to my question, however, that much I do ask of you elle. Answer me, and tell me what you are to bring to the table. May we agree to diplomacy in lieu of war?

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #213 on: November 30, 2017, 07:49:58 PM »
No need for raxy and elle to feud.

Actually I meant El and Lestat. I have no reason or intention of feuding with El.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #214 on: November 30, 2017, 07:55:39 PM »
No need for raxy and elle to feud.

Actually I meant El and Lestat. I have no reason or intention of feuding with El.
THEM'S FIGHTIN' WORDS   :viking:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #215 on: November 30, 2017, 09:06:16 PM »
Remember:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #216 on: December 01, 2017, 10:48:24 AM »
Not sure it matter if Lestat is a junkie or not. Didn't notice him doing anything provoking, so saying junkie instead of saying Lestat seemed more like kicking his chair while walking by.

I've been saying druggie but I guess that's wrong then.

He is a junkie, though. You only have to read his posts to know that (and if you don't think some of them aren't provocative enough, then I don't know what wold convince you). With some of them, I am fully expecting him to blow up his neighbourhood before long. Poor neighbours, I guess they didn't have a choice there.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #217 on: December 01, 2017, 10:49:39 AM »
Its one thing if I go out of my way to provoke elle, another if I don't. What have I done for the most part but to try but to bring about a cessation of hostilities?

Except for me. You attacked me for pretty much no reason and now you suffer the consequences.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #218 on: December 01, 2017, 10:51:51 AM »
Treat me well, I treat you well, treat me neutrally I treat you neutrally, treat me like shit, I'll act the same way.

This is a lie. You've attacked me out of the blue several times.

Go on, junkie, prove me wrong.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #219 on: December 01, 2017, 10:53:21 AM »

herpy derp.

Agreed
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #220 on: December 01, 2017, 10:56:01 AM »
Treat me well, I treat you well, treat me neutrally I treat you neutrally, treat me like shit, I'll act the same way.

We're not stranger in love you know the rules and so do I. Its not commitment that I'm asking for. You wouldn't get it from any other guy. AND if you ask me how I'm feeling. Don't tell me you're too blind to see...

Never gonna give you up. Never gonna make you cry. Never gonna tell a lie and desert you.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #221 on: December 01, 2017, 10:58:03 AM »

We're not stranger in love you know the rules and so do I. Its not commitment that I'm asking for. You wouldn't get it from any other guy. AND if you ask me how I'm feeling. Don't tell me you're too blind to see...

Never gonna give you up. Never gonna make you cry. Never gonna tell a lie and desert you.

+

Thanks for the laugh.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #222 on: December 01, 2017, 03:02:02 PM »
I was not speaking to you odeon. You are quite beneath contempt. I was speaking to elle. I do not see her as unworthy of being treated as a fellow human being. That, is an important description. You are just unimportant and a hypocrite odeon. You name me bigot, and yet are guilty of bigotry yourself (calling somebody a bigot, and then being bigoted against those who choose to use substances of their choosing in order to modulate their consciousness in such a way as suits them, as and when it suits them to do so, and in doing so, subjecting nobody to my having infringed upon their personal rights, I.e such as some people, the ones I would call 'junkies', would do to support an addiction. Should there be a shortage of something, for example pain meds, that I require fixed, I do not take from others, even if that would be the only course of action physically possible to ameliorate withdrawal. If I take anything in order to do so, it is chemical resources, in return for the payment or item charged or asked in return for those resources. In other words, a transaction agreed upon by both parties.

And I would assume that you consume, based on its sheer prevalence within western european society, alcohol. An intoxicant. Doing, in other words the same thing, quite probably, as when done by another, you see fit to apply a perjorative label to. If one of us is, both of us are; or else your statements are hypocritical in the extreme. Then again we all knew that to begin with.

Elle, on the other hand, she dislikes me. She is entitled to that opinion. I disagree with many of her conclusions made, it is true but I do not dispute her right to the way she feels. She has not behaved in a slimy, craven, spinelessly self serving manner, only a disagreeable one. She can own her actions and has insignt into her own mentality. The latter, in particular is a trait in which you are found lacking.

And she may dislike me, I am not trying to  change that. I have merely been attempting to resolve open conflict so that both of us may do our thing without a hostile atmosphere, the intent being a more pleasant environment in both our cases. I do not see why she herself would desire the ambient atmosphere to be one which has a negative emoitional or psychological qualitative nature. It is illogical. I do not desire it myself. So if I am correct in the fact that Elle does not wish to BE stressed/aggravated/pissed off etc (and I am aware she has been experiencing emotional difficulties, as direct result of her given word, I have no reason to disbelieve it) the logical course of action would be, for two people who in that respect, wish the same thing, is for those two individuals to conduct themselves in such a manner as not to actively heap upon each other, and by extension, that which we wish, if my logic is sound in assuming she too, wishes for her personal experience to be, to her perception, a positive one, rather than a negative one; to conduct themselves accordingly.

Sure, the motive upon her part could be entirely self serving. But if the course of action to be taken in ensuring a positive environment for herself to be facilitated in order to avoid negative emotional stimulus involves acting in the same manner (agreeing to disagree, to bury the hatchet) and the other party desires the same, then dislike of one another is a thing logical to set aside in respect of direct action in order to achieve the logical result.

I simply suggest a degree of detachment in order to achieve a goal which reasonably, seeing as we are both human beings and as such share those traits common to the species, seems highly likely to be held in common. It would be illogical, self destructive to act counter to our own best interests.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #223 on: December 01, 2017, 04:54:19 PM »
Lying hypocritical junkie is making excuses again.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #224 on: December 01, 2017, 05:06:35 PM »
Not sure it matter if Lestat is a junkie or not. Didn't notice him doing anything provoking, so saying junkie instead of saying Lestat seemed more like kicking his chair while walking by.

I've been saying druggie but I guess that's wrong then.

He is a junkie, though. You only have to read his posts to know that (and if you don't think some of them aren't provocative enough, then I don't know what wold convince you). With some of them, I am fully expecting him to blow up his neighbourhood before long. Poor neighbours, I guess they didn't have a choice there.
Post about an individual's own drug activity aren't very provoking for me. If he were responsible for anyone else, it more likely would be. Have more than once been concerned it might be risky for the site, or at the very least leave the administration holding a bag of crap if he were to get into life trouble, but if that's never been concern enough thus far to clamp down then didn't see much point being provoked by it.