Educational

Author Topic: I really can't believe you all bought it!  (Read 4708 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: I really can't believe you all bought it!
« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2017, 11:01:42 PM »
I am certain that I am not Odeon's only source.

Why is that? Who do you think are the other sources?

Regardless,  :plus: for explaining your position.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2017, 11:04:49 PM »

I have the feeling that Minister of Silly Walks is someone with a personal grudge against me and if I had to guess, I would be certain they are not a Prodigal "Son" at all.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2017, 11:26:23 PM »
Well you've already cast Odeon as Amy. You can cast me as anyone you like. Whatever suits your persecution and revenge fantasy.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2017, 11:32:27 PM »

Evidence of Al's toxic behaviour on AFF was lost with the forum. We are left with hearsay and current behaviour as evidence.

Odeon can verify whether or not there were other sources. Does it matter? By Al's own admission he was involved in a long running feud with Amy that led to the demise of AFF. Is history repeating or is Al just a sweet but unlucky fella who keeps running into forum admins who target him for no reason?
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2017, 11:51:53 PM »
Well you've already cast Odeon as Amy. You can cast me as anyone you like. Whatever suits your persecution and revenge fantasy.
Was beginning to think you're only here to stir things behind the scenes, and likely some revenge, so appreciate the explaining. If taking the explanation at face value, you seem to you care about this place, and mentioning how it was once a fun place for many people suggests you might have been one. Do you have a reason to care other than AFF? Not really asking for further explanation; only trying to get a perspective, so it's a simple yes or no question.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #140 on: November 19, 2017, 12:12:31 AM »
Was beginning to think you're only here to stir things behind the scenes, and likely some revenge, so appreciate the explaining. If taking the explanation at face value, you seem to you care about this place, and mentioning how it was once a fun place for many people suggests you might have been one. Do you have a reason to care other than AFF? Not really asking for further explanation; only trying to get a perspective, so it's a simple yes or no question.

In case you haven't noticed, things are already stirred up. I2 doesn't need any help there. At this point there are 3 or 4 ways I can think of that things could go, and the one where I2 gets back to what it was and should be seems the least likely.

To be honest I've lurked here on and off for a while. I was pretty much waiting for the current situation to develop. It always seemed kind of inevitable.

And I don't care about I2. I do care about the people who found this an enjoyable place to hang out and no longer do. And if I2 does shut down it will leave a hole in some people's lives. So yeah, I do care. If Odeon don't like my advice he can tell me to get fucked. Apart from one PM it's all out in the open and will continue to be.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #141 on: November 19, 2017, 12:32:47 AM »
Things have been stirred up on I2 as long as I can recall. Have said multiple times over the years the site has thrived on it. This all really seems like nothing in comparison to most of the flare ups seen here. Though Hyke made a great point around here somewhere, saying the site has gotten small so the lack of non-stirred counterbalance means the membership is more affected by the stirring, or something like that. Though thanks for clarifying you don't care about I2, and you're just adding to the drama. Jack hopes you stick around.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #142 on: November 19, 2017, 12:34:41 AM »

In case you haven't noticed, things are already stirred up. I2 doesn't need any help there. At this point there are 3 or 4 ways I can think of that things could go, and the one where I2 gets back to what it was and should be seems the least likely.

To be honest I've lurked here on and off for a while. I was pretty much waiting for the current situation to develop. It always seemed kind of inevitable.

And I don't care about I2. I do care about the people who found this an enjoyable place to hang out and no longer do. And if I2 does shut down it will leave a hole in some people's lives. So yeah, I do care. If Odeon don't like my advice he can tell me to get fucked. Apart from one PM it's all out in the open and will continue to be.

But that won't do. That won't do at all.

Things have gotten to the stage whereby it appears that it is all over bar the shouting. I have agreed to not pursue this ill-will towards Odeon in any but this thread and that once this thread dies a death that should be the end of things unless Odeon starts in on me again.

Also the dishonest narrative of Odeon's was blown to bit from stuff I COULD evidence here and from others that were there INCLUDING two of the three Admins and in their own words and at the time. So that too had died down.

NOW you stir the pot with lies you cannot evidence and lies that are easily countered with evidence. The representations show you either are not in receipt of the knowledge of what went on and wish to smear me for reasons of your own OR that you do know the truth and deliberately lie to smear me for reasons of your own.

It is actually bad timing that does not back your claim.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #143 on: November 19, 2017, 04:06:32 AM »
The fact of the matter is that Amy is most likely the only one who actually knows why AFF was closed down. Your so-called evidence is not worth anything.

I know you love hypotheticals, so let's do one.

If I had closed down I2 a couple of weeks ago and you had tried to swear innocence elsewhere, getting quotes from the other admins wouldn't have helped because they wouldn't have known what happened. When I thought about doing it, all I had posted about the matter was in two posts, none of which would have helped you.

You would have been the main reason for me to pull the plug, though, and I find it likely that something along those lines happened at AFF.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #144 on: November 19, 2017, 04:32:17 AM »
The fact of the matter is that Amy is most likely the only one who actually knows why AFF was closed down. Your so-called evidence is not worth anything.

I know you love hypotheticals, so let's do one.

If I had closed down I2 a couple of weeks ago and you had tried to swear innocence elsewhere, getting quotes from the other admins wouldn't have helped because they wouldn't have known what happened. When I thought about doing it, all I had posted about the matter was in two posts, none of which would have helped you.

You would have been the main reason for me to pull the plug, though, and I find it likely that something along those lines happened at AFF.

Really? So being completely honest. Honest, not for me but to the forum members that you actually DO respect. At that point, you left making broad declarations of your family being unsafe and this justifying your need to defend yourself and your family.

I mean we were all here and we saw you do that and I have quoted it over and over because I thought it was completely unhinged and an attempt for you to not have any responsibility for yourself and your own actions.

So what WAS the radical new development that had you go all crazy and rainy-faced? Was it something I did? Was it someone joining your board that shook you up and made you feel so very unsafe? Was that me?

Are you being honest or are you AGAIN trying to push a narrative to shore up your justifications for bad action past or future? Just be honest to people here.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #145 on: November 19, 2017, 05:58:37 AM »
Mischaracterising again, I see.

The fact of the matter remains that if I had closed down this place, you would have the main reason. You can't lie, misrepresent, or otherwise weasel your way out of it. You are a bully and you are toxic, to this place and most likely to others.

Interestingly that's also why I didn't, because there is no way I will allow a bully to win. And it's only because this is I2 that I didn't ban you. But do go on. Lie, misrepresent, embrace your toxic self. It's what you do.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #146 on: November 19, 2017, 06:25:58 AM »
@ Minister of Silly Walks. Thanks for coming out a bit more , but you still haven’t told us what role you played on AFF, and what your ava there was called?

For my own part, although I  did sign up with AFF (under my usual handle) shortly after it's inception.  I rarely posted, and wasn’t there at all when the drama happened, so I’ve just had to pore over the relevant threads here to try to get a balanced picture,. I have to say that what I’ve read here  does tend to support Al’s narrative over  yours. But given that this was a complex situation, involving many different individuals  that played out over a considerable period of time, it’s also easy to see how reasonable people could  come out of that with opposing points-of-view .

I saw a lot of respect  for Gareth in evidence here and I share that respect .  It looks like Amy had some sort of  a breakdown, doesn't it?   In the light of that, I do wonder if it wouldn’t be kinder and more constructive if we stopped raking over the coals? I keep thinking to myself, how would I feel if I had a breakdown, got over it, but a bunch of angry people were still throwing rotten tomatoes at me on account of my irrational behaviour,   for what might amount to rest of my life, at this rate?  I’m thinking, if I were Amy,  I would need to  to keep well away from that angry mob , to protect my own mental health.

So I’m not sure we should having this discussion at all,  let alone posting this discussion in a place where anyone, even non-members can read the lot. That said, you’ve convinced some people that it’s relevant, and crucial to understanding what’s happening here.  But can we at least move the sodding thing?  Odeon? To somewhere slightly less exposed.

I notice that Gareth comported himself with enormous dignity, when he came on here.  caught as he was between the angry mob and (presumably) fragile wife.  He got a lot of respect for that.  But Gareth already had people’s respect. It’s not a simple mob v “Gareth and Amy”  thing

That someone as impressive  as Gareth can stand by Amy suggests to me , not that Gareth has ben duped by his  psychotic bitch of a wife, , as some have it,  but rather: there’s more to this than meets the eye, and we’ll never know the whole story, because the rest of the story  is deeply personal to Gareth and Amy, and none of our damned business.

I also note that Gareth seemed satisfied, after talking with al,  that Al was not to blame.  Here’s a thought: maybe no particular individual was to blame for that trainwreck?  Maybe the whole community played a part, with their righteous indignation pulling the board  in opposite directions until the whole thing just snapped like a christmas cracker, and the predictable bad joke and flimsy  party hat fell out of it.  And we’re still quarrelling over who gets to wear the hat.

That;’s the overall impression I got, for what my opinion is worth.  But I’ll say again, I was not involved in that one, I’m just going on hearsay, same as Odeon.  But at least most of  that hearsay was stated on this board for all to see,  by people who clearly disclosed their identity  on AFF .  You’ve still only come halfway towards that,  MoSW .  It matters. Unless we have some idea of your personal affinities and perspective (as in : how good a view did you have from wherever you were standing?) we have no way to judge the reliability of you testimony.  You seem  like an intelligent person. You can surely appreciate that?

Finally, your clincher is that you see uncanny parallells  between the situation here and the situation on AFF. Umm, Well , I see uncanny parallels between the situation here and the situation on  Aspegia / Aspergian Island. I really do, and it worries me. But If I leapt to conclusions based upon those parallels, then  those conclusions would completely contradict yours.

One of us would have to be wrong.  So, that should sound a note of caution for both of us, shouldn’t it?

I think I’d better make a further post, spelling out exactly what I mean  by those parallels I see, because that statement in itself, is far to vague to carry any  weight. No  better than your first post on this matter, indeed.

If either one of us is onto something, then we surely have big problems on I^2 However, , at the end of the day, the best way to ensure that those problems destroy the board, is to promote suspicion, anger, scapegoating. If too many people leap to conclusions then react accordingly, then this board is as dead as all those other boards ,  nevermind who (if anyone)  started the rot.

So,  I will be more explicit regarding those parallells. I see more good than harm in it ATM,  But wait for it. I’m a slowcoach, and how to post about that without inadvertently adding to the toxic air of distrust around here? That’s quite an ask .

Also, I’m not sure that raking over the coals of any dead boards on a page that’s visible to all-and-sundry is a good idea at all.    I’ve surely nothing to hide, but real people got very badly hurt in  the Aspergia  debacle, and who knows  if  a totally public discussion might serve to fan the flames all over again?  or rub salt in old wounds for innocent parties.  So, again,  I’d rather post it somewhere a little bit less public. I’d rather post it in Elder’s , indeed, but I note that would serve to exclude at least one participant.  Yourself.  So I won’t go quite that far.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:26:08 AM by Walkie »

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #147 on: November 19, 2017, 07:39:23 AM »
Walkie, what role did I play in the closure of AFF? None. I was just an observer saddened by how events unfolded.

Sharing previous usernames. Is that a requirement here? Al seems to be doing just fine assigning defunct AFF usernames to current members on here, so perhaps he can give me one.

And I only need to observe current behaviour to see history repeating itself. No need to exhume the corpse of AFF. And, indeed, one of us is very likely wrong.

Gareth and Amy achieved far more for the recognition of neurodiversity than any of us can dream of. They have my utmost respect.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #148 on: November 19, 2017, 10:20:31 AM »
Al loves to bask in a spotlight.

I remember the same shit at WP back in 2010 before they hit him with the ban hammer, nominating himself for mod...etc, etc.

http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=137733

Yeah, I know many of us have no great love for WP, but without it many of us would have never found our way here, so for that I'm grateful.

I hope the Minister sticks around for awhile. I missed the boat on AFF, it was gone almost before I knew it existed.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #149 on: November 19, 2017, 12:03:26 PM »
Just to add my tuppence; When I met Gareth I thought he was totally cool and open-minded. I used to speak to Gareth on MSN Messenger. Then he introduced me to Amy and I thought she was a total bitch. I thought Gareth changed himself in order to fit into her ways. I didn’t like who he became.

At least on the AFF chatroom, I thought everybody there were all nutters, and I thought Autistic Pride Day was a load of self-absorbed pretentious bullshit, and I’m really glad it didn’t become a thing. My ex used to troll the chatroom cos he thought they were all nutjobs too, and they were easy to wind up. I didn’t like AFF and what they stood for. Militant bullshit. Never went onto the forum though. Maybe it was like WP and the chatroom had a completely different crowd to the forum.
:dog: