Author Topic: I really can't believe you all bought it!  (Read 4637 times)

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: I really can't believe you all bought it!
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2017, 02:19:26 AM »
^ Ah. I knew that posting style rang a bell.  It all starts to make a lot more sense now.  I also see why old wounds would be feeling pretty raw for  certain people, ATM.

Damn. It's nice to see old friends getting back together etc , can appreciate them wanting to support each other,  but I2 is suddenly starting to look like a war zone , with battle lines being drawn up.
I predict all concerned becoming all the more firmly entrenched in whatever position they took in the first place. Hope i'm wrong. 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 02:51:53 AM by Walkie »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2017, 02:53:14 AM »
And no, Py, I'm not seeking your approval, I'm not seeking anyone's.

Did I imply you were?

I thought you were but it could be my mistake. Sorry, if so.

Al was instrumental in bringing down one board.

Say what? Which board are you referring to, and what happened?

AFF, based on what I've been told.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2017, 03:05:13 AM »
Oh, and I don't much care for Al's 'historical truth', considering his behaviour and revisionism here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2017, 03:26:11 AM »
I'm sure we all have our personal slant on the historical truth. But to the best of my knowlege , consensus would tend to  side with Al there;  so, personally  I'll buy his version over the other one if I have to make a choice.

As for the situation here and now, I really can't take it seriously as a Forces of Light versus Forces of Darkness scenario. Looks to me  much more  like one bunch of silly aspies versus another bunch of silly aspies , a third bunch of silly aspies desperately attempting to build bridges. Oh! and fourth lot screaming "Shut up! The lot of you"

Personally, I've yet to see any convincing  evidence of anybody being dishonest( beyond the usual thing of fooling ourselves) never mind how much that word is bandied about. I think the sad and highly inconvenient fact is that we all pretty much mean what we say, God help us.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 03:27:55 AM by Walkie »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2017, 04:00:28 AM »
And no, Py, I'm not seeking your approval, I'm not seeking anyone's.

Did I imply you were?

I thought you were but it could be my mistake. Sorry, if so.

Al was instrumental in bringing down one board.

Say what? Which board are you referring to, and what happened?

AFF, based on what I've been told.

No you havent been told that. In fact this has been already discussed and clarified in the two threads mentioned and so it would bedeliberate dishonesty and revisionism saying otherwise.

Not that I can't understand why you may be less than truthful nor paint me in a poor light but if you want to be honest you will need to understand that going agaunst public record with a dishonest piece of propaganda to smear me and my motives is fucking stupid.

Odeon you and everyone here knows that you are not starved for choice in my shortcomings and different things I have or done on I2. I am not exactly the most popular or well loved person. Most think I am a bit of an arsehole. You dont need to make up bullshit.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2017, 06:03:44 AM »
Al, the fact is that I have been told exactly that. Calling me a liar won't change it in the slightest.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2017, 07:33:48 AM »
Al, the fact is that I have been told exactly that. Calling me a liar won't change it in the slightest.

Facts do not pick sides and the consensus by people that were there spells out the narrative I have outlined, backed up by people that were there in two threads. The only two people that held onto that narrative that I can recall is Amy (who lied) and Gareth who believed her until questioned by me and then having it denounced by Pikajedi. After which he conceded and accepted it. ALL contained in those two threads. Black and white.

I do not know your relationship with Amy, (mind boggles) but I think even her closest and dearest know she is a crazy sow who could not lie straight in bed. I do not know of anyone else who would be there and invested in such a lie?

I suspect you are making it all up and for no decent reason as it has been thrashed out on this actual forum and consensus differs from the weak and dishonest narrative you are trying to spin.

As I say, you do not have to try too hard to find things with me that people on here will not like about me. Most people do not think I am particularly wonderful so trying to sell a useless piece of propaganda seems a little pointless and weak.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2017, 10:49:16 AM »
Maybe I'm jumping to silly  conclusions,  but I assume  it was Minister of silly walks who told Odeon the other version, Al. Looks like a no-brainer to me. Or am I missing something?

Aspiesforfreedom. Brought down by Al's vendetta against the founders/admins of that site.

:apondering:  Ofc. could be that third , unknown party told both Odeon and MoSW same story.  In any case , I see no reason to suppose  that Odeon just made the story up. Looks to me like he all-too-cleary believes it. Confirmation bias , maybe?

In any case , it only takes one person to start a rumour. You can' reasonably nor realistically accuse everybody who believes it of dishonesty. If somebody trust their  source, they will swallow it all-to-often .  Happens all the time,.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 11:04:34 AM by Walkie »

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2017, 11:49:52 AM »
Yeah... one likely highly biased account vs a one-line accusation. Have to read between the lines to see how close the parallels would be. The threads do provide more insight.

Dunno about anyone else but I'm glad to hear Odeon saying he's not going to pull an Amy Nelson... especially if that means not closing the site down unexpectedly without enough explanation.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2017, 12:01:41 PM »

Dunno about anyone else but I'm glad to hear Odeon saying he's not going to pull an Amy Nelson...

Meh. That prolly just means he has better taste in women than Gareth has  :LOL:

Um. Couldn't resist that. Yeah, I'm surely very glad about it :)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2017, 12:04:19 PM »

Dunno about anyone else but I'm glad to hear Odeon saying he's not going to pull an Amy Nelson...

Gareth is basically the Graduate, while Amy is Mrs. Robinson (too soon?)

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2017, 12:28:17 PM »

You don't want me to answer that...  :poo:  :LOL:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2017, 11:04:28 AM »
Maybe I'm jumping to silly  conclusions,  but I assume  it was Minister of silly walks who told Odeon the other version, Al. Looks like a no-brainer to me. Or am I missing something?

Aspiesforfreedom. Brought down by Al's vendetta against the founders/admins of that site.

:apondering:  Ofc. could be that third , unknown party told both Odeon and MoSW same story.  In any case , I see no reason to suppose  that Odeon just made the story up. Looks to me like he all-too-cleary believes it. Confirmation bias , maybe?

In any case , it only takes one person to start a rumour. You can' reasonably nor realistically accuse everybody who believes it of dishonesty. If somebody trust their  source, they will swallow it all-to-often .  Happens all the time,.

In other words, you don't know my sources or what I'm basing my stance on but think I'm wrong nevertheless?

I find what I've heard credible because I've heard it from several sources, but also because I've seen first hand what Al does here. Obviously I don't *know* why AFF closed down but neither does anyone else other than Amy Nelson.

I'd like to close this with my favourite SNL quote: Before criticising someone you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticise them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2017, 11:07:21 AM »
Yeah... one likely highly biased account vs a one-line accusation. Have to read between the lines to see how close the parallels would be. The threads do provide more insight.

Dunno about anyone else but I'm glad to hear Odeon saying he's not going to pull an Amy Nelson... especially if that means not closing the site down unexpectedly without enough explanation.

Where's your sense of fun and adventure? :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2017, 11:18:03 AM »
 :lol1: Hiding behind the error message I got when I tried to take a backup of this place.