Author Topic: Down the "memory hole"  (Read 4728 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Down the "memory hole"
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2017, 06:36:29 PM »
Agree with all that
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2017, 09:02:31 AM »
I removed Scrap from the annoy list. Also the sockpuppet, and the other members who haven't been seen in forever.

(Odeon did say it was ok to take Scrap off.)

((Don't fuck this up, though... he's still got his finger on the ban button if there's TOS violation, and I'm not out to defend against that one.))
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2017, 01:04:16 PM »
I removed Scrap from the annoy list. Also the sockpuppet, and the other members who haven't been seen in forever.

(Odeon did say it was ok to take Scrap off.)

((Don't fuck this up, though... he's still got his finger on the ban button if there's TOS violation, and I'm not out to defend against that one.))

More than fair. Thankvyou
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2017, 07:24:31 PM »
Did have a last taste of AFF dysfunction on line and some weird shit on FB with Amy going off and then, Gareth freaking out about Amy doing something and then deleting his account from FB.  On AFF, Amy deleted goodbye posts like mine which were complimentary, but, for some strange reason, she hated.    I have the gut feeling that something was going on between them and the major crap was from Amy. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2017, 09:24:04 PM »
Did have a last taste of AFF dysfunction on line and some weird shit on FB with Amy going off and then, Gareth freaking out about Amy doing something and then deleting his account from FB.  On AFF, Amy deleted goodbye posts like mine which were complimentary, but, for some strange reason, she hated.    I have the gut feeling that something was going on between them and the major crap was from Amy.

Yup Amy was a trainwreck. Gareth had a blindspot with Amy. With everything else, whether I agreed with him or not, he was reasonable and logical ... except Amy

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2017, 06:22:15 AM »

Yup Amy was a trainwreck. Gareth had a blindspot with Amy. With everything else, whether I agreed with him or not, he was reasonable and logical ... except Amy

I knew someone like this IRL, actually worked for his company, Mack Tilton, the founder of Tilton Engineering. He was a very smart, reasonable, decent guy. However he had a blind spot for his second wife and her red headed son, Art Armbrewster. I worked there when Art (he called himself Tilton even though he legally wasn't) was the CEO and he was in the process of driving the company into the ground. He was a narcissist and a passive aggressive manipulator. He created a toxic culture there at Tilton where everything was political and truth didn't matter anymore. Obviously, in an environment such as high end racing manufacturing, this had a detrimental effect on the company.

I left there after less than a year and Tilton had to replace me with someone they previously fired for incompetence. I went down south to work for John Force Racing after that. While at Force racing, I would attend industrial machine shows in L.A.. At the show in 2007, I saw a Tilton booth there with Art and his slimy right hand man. They were there in L.A., almost 200 miles from the shop in Buellton, looking for employees.  :hahaha:  They had pissed off so many people in the local area that they created a bad reputation for themselves. A year or two later the company was almost bankrupt and Mack had to fire Art and rescue the company he founded.

Judging from their website, they're doing better now.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2017, 06:36:41 AM »

I knew someone like this IRL, actually worked for his company, Mack Tilton, the founder of Tilton Engineering. He was a very smart, reasonable, decent guy. However he had a blind spot for his second wife and her red headed son, Art Armbrewster. I worked there when Art (he called himself Tilton even though he legally wasn't) was the CEO and he was in the process of driving the company into the ground. He was a narcissist and a passive aggressive manipulator. He created a toxic culture there at Tilton where everything was political and truth didn't matter anymore. Obviously, in an environment such as high end racing manufacturing, this had a detrimental effect on the company.

I left there after less than a year and Tilton had to replace me with someone they previously fired for incompetence. I went down south to work for John Force Racing after that. While at Force racing, I would attend industrial machine shows in L.A.. At the show in 2007, I saw a Tilton booth there with Art and his slimy right hand man. They were there in L.A., almost 200 miles from the shop in Buellton, looking for employees.  :hahaha:  They had pissed off so many people in the local area that they created a bad reputation for themselves. A year or two later the company was almost bankrupt and Mack had to fire Art and rescue the company he founded.

Judging from their website, they're doing better now.

You have to feel for the old man I guess

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2017, 11:15:00 AM »
People always say combining family and business is bad news.  :-\

Impressive he managed to realize it in time and turn things around.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2017, 04:01:46 AM »
Yeah gareth always struck me as a fairly sound guy. Amy on the other hand was just a toxic bitch with a real nasty way of flying off the handle. Thing was, she didn't always seem that way to me, she used to be alright, only to suddenly turn into a bloody monster.

Maybe she went and got into a high speed crash on her broomstick, and its the result of brain damage.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2017, 04:20:39 AM »
Yeah gareth always struck me as a fairly sound guy. Amy on the other hand was just a toxic bitch with a real nasty way of flying off the handle. Thing was, she didn't always seem that way to me, she used to be alright, only to suddenly turn into a bloody monster.

Maybe she went and got into a high speed crash on her broomstick, and its the result of brain damage.

I do not think she liked me much

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2017, 04:29:52 AM »
I found amy to be too unpredictable. She must have been seriously hot for gareth to consider getting involved with her. Unless she only showed her true colors to him later, too.

She did seem OK for the most of the time, but suddenly flipped her shit and turned  into something resembling the autie version of kim jong...errm...who's the current N.korean psychotic cunt du jour? only without the slant eyes and the nuclear warheads.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2017, 08:53:37 PM »
I sent a message to gwyfryn, asking for his opinions about this.  Since he and I go way back to aspergia.  And once, he,  Gareth and Amy had a meet up and the pictures looked all cheery and such.  Next thing I know he's banned from AFF and AI.  When I unbanned him at AI, Crucibelle said, that she had forgotten why she banned him, but, that is was ok that I ubnanned him.  Of course by then, AI was circling the drain and shortly there after, AI died.  Gwynfryn knows of I2 and has not wanted to join since he and Dunc have a bit of "history".  I did tell him that Dunc is no longer the owner.   No response yet, haven't hear from him in some time.   I respect him and though he and I have differing viewpoints,  he and I share many an intellectual viewpoint.  And I will always respect intellect.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2017, 09:59:09 PM »
 :plus: For trying to lure members here.
:gopher:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2017, 04:06:27 PM »
Amy must be REALLY fucking hot, if somebody as generally not-fucking-mental as gareth if willing to not only tolerate being within ten miles of her but actually to impregnate her. Thats something that's going to take an awfully large something by way of justification:P