Educational

Author Topic: Down the "memory hole"  (Read 4725 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Down the "memory hole"
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 11:50:29 PM »
'Raxy, are you able to dispose of it entirely? not just as applied to kek, but altogether?

Yes, but like I said to Al, I'm not inclined to get into a click-war on a forum owned by somebody else who could simply IP-ban me and reinstall it.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 12:03:08 AM »
If odeon did that (I.e IP ban you, one of our most highly respected members out of all of us, he would have blatantly shown his true colors as a gutless, cowardly, spineless, vengeful little jellyfish.)

And I wasn't talking about taking kek off the abuse (I can't bring myself to call it a mod tool, because it is far beneath anybody worthy of the title. Its the sort of scumbag tactic alex plank would keep around, and use), but because it IS a tool for, and ONLY for, abusing ad harassing people, it needs to go. At the bare minimum I think this should be put to a public vote. Creating false errors by stealth in order to make it difficult for people to use the forum is really fucking low, cowardly and abusive. Its dishonest and shows the person responsible to be a soulless little globule of dogshit, festering away in a shallow pool of stagnant marsh-water and becoming evermore a repugnant stain on the face of the earth. Growing viler and less tolerable the more it is permitted to exist, I.e, the more such foul, base tactics are resorted to, the less worthy of respect the cocksucking faggot responsible grows to be.

Whoever is responsible for it, man the fuck up, bitch. Remove this dishonorable garbage and consign it to the trash where it belongs. Or are we all for abuse being OK on I2, now? (or for that matter, is it only some members who are considered worthy of enjoying the privilege of subjecting users to abuse without consequence, and by backstabbing, when they haven't the courage to stab them in the front, where all can see the actions of the knifeman and judge them accordingly?)

Thats  what it looks like from here.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 12:10:16 AM »
Also, for 'raxy to have been given cause to fear for herself should she do the right thing and take action when needed and use her mod powers as she sees fit, for her to be afraid to do so, for an I2 member as respected, and as WORTHY of that respect, as Pyraxis, that says an awful lot about those above her in terms of management, and about their honor, and trustworthyness.

Says a fucking lot, that 'Raxy should be afraid of the consequences of acting in such a way as to prevent a method of abuse being used, which is solely designed to enable the few to abuse the many, for the mods to be able to subject the rest of us to sly, backstabbing, underhanded abuse.

If odeon DID re-enable such a feature if 'Raxy removed it, or any other mod with the ability to do so, then he'd be blatantly admifttig that he wants the capacity to be able to slyly, sneakily, janus-facedly backstab members and make forum interaction difficult for those members as a method of punishment or vengeance that he is unprepared to admit to resorting to.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 01:59:51 AM »
Lestat, Pyraxis is playing Pikajedi to Odeon's Amy Nelson
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2017, 02:18:36 AM »
And there is the target on her back.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2017, 03:46:05 AM »
And there is the target on her back.

What target? Do you know after we left Pikajedi became an Admin and was well respected there as the reasonable Admin of AFF? Amy disliked him and he had to Admin around her and her unhinged mentality kept partially in check by Gareth (who respected Pikajedi). No? Are you creating an intent where this is somehow underhanded? Why Hyke?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2017, 04:02:14 AM »
I've seen Pikajedi being despised, hated, thrown out of forums in 2008, because of his attempts to save AFF with diplomacy. You were part of those forums too. Whole dramas with max the bear and zakkie.

That's my narrative. That's what I thought of, when I saw you writing that.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 04:19:43 AM by 'andersom' »

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2017, 04:18:37 AM »
One of these in-between forums in 2008 it got so bad that if you let slip that you had been in contact with pika privately, you risked getting kicked out.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2017, 04:23:36 AM »
Pikajedi did not deserve that target on his back then either.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2017, 04:50:02 AM »
Pikajedi did not deserve that target on his back then either.

Yet likening Pika the Admin to Pyraxis the Admin, was not uncomplimentary.
Likening Odeon the Admin to Amy Nelson the Admin was uncomplimentary.
Pikajedi was NOT an Admin in 2008. That came much later.
So how was Pikajedi the Admin and in which way was he like Pyraxis now? He was somewhat stifled because Amy would ride roughshod and he would try to enforce the forum rules and with Gareth blessing all the while Amy was doing things on whims and without rationality or honesty or transparency. He was working with what he had and trying not to appear to overrule her or step on her toes.....I give you Pyraxis.
It is hardly uncomplimentary to either Pikajedi or to Pyraxis, yet you have painted this as such.
I like Pika AND he was a very good Admin and under very difficult circumstances.

But tell me how terrible I am please Hyke, I really need that now.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2017, 09:32:35 AM »
He was somewhat stifled because Amy would ride roughshod and he would try to enforce the forum rules and with Gareth blessing all the while Amy was doing things on whims and without rationality or honesty or transparency. He was working with what he had and trying not to appear to overrule her or step on her toes.....I give you Pyraxis.

Yeah, that does kinda sound like what's going on now.  :P

Damned if I know what to do about yet.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2017, 10:24:19 AM »
I did not return to the new AFF apart from making one or two posts to back up Pikajedi. Don't think he was an admin back then.
Thinking how Pikajedi got treated in 2008 brings back sick memories. And he tried fucking hard back then, keeping things together. Not that different from the shitty job Pk is taking on now. So that is what it brought up in memories for me when you compared his role to hers. Pika was seen as under control by Amy and was  treated like a leper Not wishing that amount of shit on anyone.

Never thought further than 2008, because to me AFF was as good as gone after that.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:26:25 AM by 'andersom' »

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2017, 11:40:40 AM »
I ever saw pika that way, I've always seen him as a man of integrity, unlike amy, who of course was nothing of the kind. Well, a man, perhaps, but certainly nothing that'd know integrity if it jumped out at amy and stabbed her straight in a sweaty, pus-engorged bollock with a rusty cork-screw heated to red heat and stamped with the letters spelling out the words 'integrity, you dumb fucking whore'

The way Pika was treated was reprehensible.

As for max the bear,  nobody ever should have  ever either acted on nor believed so much as a single word that shitstirring little batty boy  crapped out, he was nothing short of a vile disease, a cancer who infected and spread through forums, corrupting, parasitizing and fucking them over with his faggotry and shitspeak. MTB was just a bad person, end of, No two ways about it, guy is a fucking vile little nancy-boy that ought to have been dragged out into the light and exposed for the shit-stirrer and tosspot he was, and cast from the forum. Because he was just toxic. Poison is what MTB is.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2017, 12:23:55 PM »
It's absolutely unacceptable for this to be permanent. I want this mod removed, period

I don't agree with the way it's being used. However it also seems pretty pointless for me to get into a button-pressing content with Odeon to take it on or off. One way or another there's got to be a longer term solution to this.

:thumbup:  Thanks Py.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2017, 05:37:04 PM »
I can't help but miss AFF though, I mean, amy's going off like an inter-continental ballistic mental bitch aside, that, I don't miss one bit. She turned from by as far as I could see a decent sort to a complete sodding mental-case as quick as a striking snake (particularly if the one being bitten was MTB and the ophidian in question was a one-eyed trouser-viper :P ) and just totally, completely and utterly lost.her.mother.fucking.shit

But the community, and there were some really great people there, like aliengirl, ana, tigger the wing, pika, alison and more besides, hell its where I re-met someone who has for years been among the few people I'd count as my closest, most valued friends, the girl who posted a little bit, briefly, here, under the name burning_one. Didn't meet her there for the first time,  but online on another web forum some time prior, but since I've known her, we have been there for each other through some real tough times for either of us.

And Heretic...there for what might as well have been a fraction of a second on AFF, but aside from my former fiancee, (younger of the two), one of just two people I've ever dated who I really wanted to have spent the rest of my days with. Heretic is one very special woman indeed, intense, driven, and a beautifully strong, kind lady with a wonderful soul thats a dynamic, forceful, intense as hell, yet elegant and gorgeous mixture of fire and ice. Autie, damn smart and with a smile that when she let it out on those occasions she did so, something wonderful and precious that made not just her face, but her entire self light up so much she positively glowed, and had that strange trait some people on the spectrum do, particularly auties and females in particular, where physical aging seems to be dramatically slowed down, to the point in her case it takes about thirty years off her age if one didn't know who she was and were to be asked 'try to guess how old I am'. She could, IMO get away with late 20s-early 30s rather than 49-51, and when she was 30s or so then she looked 19. Real stunner too, then, and that hasn't changed in the least, she still is :)

And the atmosphere at AFF, before amy turned it into her virulent miasmatic cloud of toxin-saturated, flatulent, bitch-queen arse fumes was great. Can't believe Amy, the way she went and ruined things for EVERYONE else. What were all the other aspies and auties, the ones that weren't acting like total wankers with their heads inserted way too far up their anal sphincters to see they were defaecating arrogant tosser-sewage over the entire community and trashing a really good effort up until then, that was important to a lot of people; meant to do? piss off to bloody wrongplanet, and in doing so achieve buggering well bog all but to lose one psychotic egotistical mental case night-soil pit and trade her in for another, this time with two dicks, instead of just the one sprouting from Amy's over-swelled forehead;  albeit the new  one coded for genetically doubtless being either born malformed or else if not, then the victim of a horrific motorized pencil-sharpener accident.