Author Topic: You can totally trust your government 100%!!!  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: You can totally trust your government 100%!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 01:10:38 AM »
What's even being said here? The OP of this thread suggests odeon currently works for a defense contractor. Then the context changed to the past tense, and now appears to be present tense again. If this is past tense, is that even how hypocrisy works? People cant change what they do and think without being hypocrites about what they think, because of anything and everything they've ever done in the past which conflicts with what they currently think? Is there at least an expiration date on these things? If so, how much time has to pass before I can stop being a hypocrite about anything I've ever done?

I dunno. Support then not support. Sounds like hypocrisy. What do I know? I don't really care that much. I was simply curious
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 02:05:01 AM »
Your analogy makes about as much sense as your argument--very little--but I'll say this: that's a lot of text for someone who claims not to care.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 03:15:58 AM »
Your analogy makes about as much sense as your argument--very little--but I'll say this: that's a lot of text for someone who claims not to care.

I care about debate, argument and discussion.  if I didn't,  I would have never cme much less stayed on this forum. I'd have just got a diary. I write a lot of text on pretty much all my answers and it would be dishonest to imply a long text is symbolic of an attachment or investment. You are not going there are you Odeon?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 07:27:46 AM »
I already did.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 08:08:56 AM »
I already did.

Right, in that case, I would tell you that about 100% of the members here including yourself know that I have a well-known propensity to type long, boring diatribes in my posts here. Of the 16000 or so posts over 9 years. MOST of them have been very long.

The fact that I do this on just about every post and have done for about 9 years and I answer about 100% of every question put to me or any comment delivered my way regardless of what was being discussed would lay waste to your claim that I cared more than in a mere curiosity as indicated for what I wrote. It is NOT a case of me particularly caring and you, in fact, know this.

You are being dishonest. I am not sure exactly why? If I had to guess I would speculate that Peaguy claimed something. You got angry at him for bringing it up. You banned him. It had most of the forum disregarding it out of hand but a couple of us asking what the hell it was about. You got shitty at that. Then Scrap mentioned it again with more detail and you went bananas being an Admin Nazi and quite transparent in your use of the Admin platform to hit back at him. I commented on that and now you are getting shitty at me too. I tell you I don't care and you make preposterous claims that my posting something long is indicative of me caring about something. It is a claim that you know is not true and notwithstanding that I already said I did not care, you want to be snarky and disagreeable because you are upset. To that end you want to make batshit crazy claims and infer I am lying. How did I go? On the money?

I will not stop you picking fights. This one is a pretty stupid fight to pick though. You trying to make me overly care about something pretty lame and then when I comprehensively explain why it is negligible to me, you tell me I do not know my own mind. It is fucking stupid, isn't it? You are just being pissy and stupid. Whatever blows your hair back Odeon. You have hair right?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 01:27:40 AM by Al Swearengen »

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 04:45:41 PM »
I blame my hypocrisy on binge drinking.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2017, 10:28:24 AM »
I'm not picking a fight, I'm simply reacting. I think you're bright enough to see why, which suggests to me that you're being less than honest. I can't prove it, of course, just as you can't prove any of your long-winded guesses, but that's where we are.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2017, 03:37:35 PM »
I'm not picking a fight, I'm simply reacting. I think you're bright enough to see why, which suggests to me that you're being less than honest. I can't prove it, of course, just as you can't prove any of your long-winded guesses, but that's where we are.

I am not doubting your reaction nor denying it. I ca  guess why and I have.

So you HONESTLY think that me writing a long post Is indicative of me caring about the topic at hand OR do you HONESTLY think that most posts of mine, no matter what is discussed, will tend to be long regardless of any real interest or investment?

Similarly,  was I HONEST about my claim that I reply to approximately 100% of anything put to me?

It was always going to be a very difficult barrow for you to push. The above gives credibility to you being dishonest about your representations on me. You say you were reacting? Yes you were, dishonestly.

I think you are upset and lashing out. Over very little and overreacting a little much.

Maybe we could change the subject to Radical Muslim Extremism or tge merit of all climate change reports or gun control? Alternatively,  perhaps we could let this tempest in a teapot die.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2017, 06:19:52 PM »
Support then not support. Sounds like hypocrisy.
In a current context definitely. Have no trouble acknowledging my own hypocrisies and there's a couple of things I do while also believing I'm wrong to do them, and believing it's wrong for other to do it too. There's also a couple of things supported and done in the past which are now viewed as wrong, and personally don't feel like a hypocrite about those things at all, because I don't do it anymore.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 06:27:01 PM by Jack »

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2017, 06:56:29 PM »
And about your accusation, Scrappy dear: the fact is that you don't know whom I've worked for and neither does Pea. Thing is, I'm utterly uninterested in discussing any of my past clients because a) it's none of your business and b) it gets you all worked up, and so you should probably stop your two dozen monkeys from producing anything you can't back up.

It does answer a question unanswered though. Sates a curiosity. Prefer that to gossip or insinuations or speculation.

What answers what, exactly?

Well since you asked, I had wondered what this business was with the supposed hypocrisy of your gun control positions and your alleged dealings with guns. Scrap has brought up that you were somehow involved with defence contractors.

The fact that you are negging Hell out of him and threatening him with Admin abuse seems to bear out some truth to his claim.

Answers what was a left field claim. Now I know.

Now does it matter to me? Not really. I mean it may make your positions on gun control a little hypocritical but that is hardly your biggest contradiction or flaw. Hell, it is far more an issue you going Nazi Admin on another member for being angry. It is bad form. It also doesn't really bother me what or whom you have worked for or with particularly. It does answer a question though and sates my curiosity.

:indeed:

I can't plus you for this because, unlike odious, I can only plus once every half hour.

Odious is acting much like when he called Butterflies "an immoral person" when he had cheated on his wife.

He calls me a criminal accomplice to the Las Vegas shooting because I'm pro 2nd amendment (hypocritically he doesn't do the same to Dirt Dawg or PPK who have the same positions as myself).

Then Pea tells us that he did defense contact work. This not only makes odious a hypocrite on several levels, but one who projects as well.

It's almost as if there's a pattern of behavior here.   :apondering:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2017, 06:59:44 PM »
I'm not picking a fight, I'm simply reacting.

The fuck you are! You picked a fight when you said that my political beliefs were responsible for the shootings in Las Vegas.

Funny how you don't accuse Dirt Dawg of this, who shares my opinions on this matter.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 11:47:08 PM »

I am not doubting your reaction nor denying it. I ca  guess why and I have.

So you HONESTLY think that me writing a long post Is indicative of me caring about the topic at hand OR do you HONESTLY think that most posts of mine, no matter what is discussed, will tend to be long regardless of any real interest or investment?

Similarly,  was I HONEST about my claim that I reply to approximately 100% of anything put to me?

It was always going to be a very difficult barrow for you to push. The above gives credibility to you being dishonest about your representations on me. You say you were reacting? Yes you were, dishonestly.

I think you are upset and lashing out. Over very little and overreacting a little much.

Maybe we could change the subject to Radical Muslim Extremism or tge merit of all climate change reports or gun control? Alternatively,  perhaps we could let this tempest in a teapot die.

I think your handling of a troll's claims is indicative of quite a lot, so no, I don't think you're being HONEST.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2017, 11:50:37 PM »

The fuck you are! You picked a fight when you said that my political beliefs were responsible for the shootings in Las Vegas.

Funny how you don't accuse Dirt Dawg of this, who shares my opinions on this matter.

This is not about you, Scrappy, and if I were to compare you to DD, you'd fail on each count.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2017, 04:31:02 AM »
Pissing off an admin is probably not a good idea. Just sayin'.

Especially when that admin is a thin skinned man child who chokes on a thimble full of the shit that he dishes out by the bucket.   :zoinks:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2017, 04:32:23 AM »

This is not about you, Scrappy, and if I were to compare you to DD, you'd fail on each count.

That's the thing, the opinion of a sensitive control freak with anger issues, doesn't matter.   :zoinks: