Author Topic: You can totally trust your government 100%!!!  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
You can totally trust your government 100%!!!
« on: October 19, 2017, 12:34:10 PM »
... because we have super smart people like odeurn working for defense contractors!!    :autism:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/333710

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: You can totally trust your government 100%!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 04:07:17 PM »
Well, you can trust me.   boobs2
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 12:01:15 AM »
Pissing off an admin is probably not a good idea. Just sayin'.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 10:07:35 AM »
And about your accusation, Scrappy dear: the fact is that you don't know whom I've worked for and neither does Pea. Thing is, I'm utterly uninterested in discussing any of my past clients because a) it's none of your business and b) it gets you all worked up, and so you should probably stop your two dozen monkeys from producing anything you can't back up.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 06:15:02 PM »

Negative karma makes him look like a badass.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 02:13:32 AM »

Negative karma makes him look like a badass.  :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 02:19:19 AM »
And about your accusation, Scrappy dear: the fact is that you don't know whom I've worked for and neither does Pea. Thing is, I'm utterly uninterested in discussing any of my past clients because a) it's none of your business and b) it gets you all worked up, and so you should probably stop your two dozen monkeys from producing anything you can't back up.

It does answer a question unanswered though. Sates a curiosity. Prefer that to gossip or insinuations or speculation.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 05:51:33 AM »

It does answer a question unanswered though. Sates a curiosity. Prefer that to gossip or insinuations or speculation.

What answers what, exactly?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 09:45:31 AM »

Well since you asked, I had wondered what this business was with the supposed hypocrisy of your gun control positions and your alleged dealings with guns. Scrap has brought up that you were somehow involved with defence contractors.

The fact that you are negging Hell out of him and threatening him with Admin abuse seems to bear out some truth to his claim.

Answers what was a left field claim. Now I know.

Now does it matter to me? Not really. I mean it may make your positions on gun control a little hypocritical but that is hardly your biggest contradiction or flaw. Hell, it is far more an issue you going Nazi Admin on another member for being angry. It is bad form. It also doesn't really bother me what or whom you have worked for or with particularly. It does answer a question though and sates my curiosity.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2017, 10:26:32 AM »
The fact that you are negging Hell out of him and threatening him with Admin abuse seems to bear out some truth to his claim.
The fact odeon has called him a liar in the karma logs suggest the opposite.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2017, 10:48:11 AM »
The fact odeon has called him a liar in the karma logs suggest the opposite.

No, I think it looks like a tantrum. (Not saying it necessarily is).

If Odeon ignored or blew it off or simply flamed Scrap, I would likely think very little of the validity of this. That all being said I have no idea and do not care to know the position or what company or which clients or whether there was anything particularly nefarious that Odeon had in this alleged defence contractor business.....BUT his reaction says there is something to this narrative.

It is like how people don't believe that Jesus existed. I do not believe that Jesus was the son of God and doubt most of what is written about him is true BUT the fact that so much was written about him and all around the same era and location suggests some truth in his existence.

I no longer doubt that this left field claim made by Pea and its further clarification from Scrap has some truth in it. How much? Who knows? Not sure how much it matters in the universe of things.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2017, 02:37:49 PM »
What the link appears to imply about odeon probably deserves whatever response it gets.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2017, 03:22:29 PM »

Well since you asked, I had wondered what this business was with the supposed hypocrisy of your gun control positions and your alleged dealings with guns. Scrap has brought up that you were somehow involved with defence contractors.

Now does it matter to me? Not really. I mean it may make your positions on gun control a little hypocritical but that is hardly your biggest contradiction or flaw. Hell, it is far more an issue you going Nazi Admin on another member for being angry. It is bad form. It also doesn't really bother me what or whom you have worked for or with particularly. It does answer a question though and sates my curiosity.

It doesn't answer anything because you have no facts to go on, just Scrap repeating an unfounded claim and you drooling over it. I have no interest in clarifying any of it because it's none of your business.

But then, your reasoning is rather left field itself and so I still suspect your interest is about the potential drama rather than anything else. Would a defence contractor always have to be against gun control?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2017, 08:45:58 PM »

It doesn't answer anything because you have no facts to go on, just Scrap repeating an unfounded claim and you drooling over it. I have no interest in clarifying any of it because it's none of your business.

But then, your reasoning is rather left field itself and so I still suspect your interest is about the potential drama rather than anything else. Would a defence contractor always have to be against gun control?

Not at all. You can accuse me of wrongthink or drooling all you like. Doesn't make a case in just the accusation itself.

But here is an analogy:

Someone (new member, old member, active member, inactive member, unbanned, banned, whatever) suddenly makes the inference or claim that Odeon is gay. I would similarly say "What the fuck is this?"

Why? Because it is left field and does not seem to make sense.

Then Odeon takes umbrage and asks me to explain myself and I do. Bit of back and forth to further explain and I am still not really any wiser but am happy to dismiss it from my mind. Probably something in it but meh, not worth the investment of effort. I don't care that much.

Then a few days later I see the previous claim made a "little" more clear BUT Odeon is really shat off and hitting the neg button and going a little bit berserk. I go "Ah" I get it.

What do I get well if the original claim was completely untrue (COMPLETELY) then the reaction would not have been as it is. Again, I do not care too much one way or another and I am more than happy you or anyone else asking me about what I have said and to keep discussing it. I am also happy for this to not be discussed. I reply to being replied to. That is not investment that is simply discourse.

I would no more care if you were gay, a defence contractor in a previous life or whatever. None of that really matters much in online space.

As to whether there is hypocrisy working for a defence contractor and being a huge proponent of gun control, yes there is. NOW this is generalised. How much hypocrisy or whatever depends on a number of things which I do not care to actually know. If you worked in the laundry room of a company who had the laundry contract for defence, to put yourself through college as a late teen, then this is about as negligible as it gets. If you were senior management for a contractor actively engaged in making weapons specifically for deployment for Syria or Afghanistan (or any place that now makes up a large portion of the displaced immigrants that are flooding into Sweden and Europe generally) then yeah, probably more than a little hypocrisy.

Again, it probably doesn't matter that much but I will keep replying to or explain any questions put to me.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2017, 10:38:42 PM »
What's even being said here? The OP of this thread suggests odeon currently works for a defense contractor. Then the context changed to the past tense, and now appears to be present tense again. If this is past tense, is that even how hypocrisy works? People cant change what they do and think without being hypocrites about what they think, because of anything and everything they've ever done in the past which conflicts with what they currently think? Is there at least an expiration date on these things? If so, how much time has to pass before I can stop being a hypocrite about anything I've ever done?