Educational

Author Topic: Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!  (Read 961 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2017, 06:47:22 PM »
OMG It's Canadian Thanksgiving!! :GA:

I'll check tomorrow to see if Canada gets a Google Doodle for that.  :orly:

Canadian Thanksgiving didn't get a Google Doodle.   >:(
:gopher:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2017, 07:24:32 PM »
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 08:56:53 PM »
Oh gawd, I've heard that song so many times from USA friends trying to troll me.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 09:31:58 PM »
Puckered asshole with a covering...LOL raxy thats fucked up. Who wants to eat a stuffed, puckered chocolate starfish with a covering?

And a covering of WHAT, I shudder to imagine.

I don't like dark meat myself, of chicken or turkey. Its the worst bit. Well apart from any part of the (ew) skin, that isn't the very thin layer of really crispy bit on the surface of a chicken drumstick. Those are nice, dried out and chewy. The dark meat is just nasty though, other people are welcome to it, I don't want any. The thought is just nasty.

Or the thin dried out chewy crispy skin thats been thoroughly dried and freed of fat by a long oven-roasting, can be good, but its got to be papery yet chewy and very thin with hints of crispyness to be nice. Any other bird-skin is foul fowl, so to speak.

And I'm sure not eating the covering of a puckered ass hole. Stuffed or otherwise.

And brine? what brine are you talking about? where does brine come into roasting a dead bird? *lestat involuntarily shudders at accidentally evoking the memory of his bitch from hell godawful former housemate me met through AFF, 'squirrel' who used to call a chicken sandwich 'a dead-bird-bread' Total cunt she was, utter psychotic ultrarapid-cycling bipolar with psychotic features, borderline PD, klepto quite likely attempted poisoner murderous, multiply false-rape-claiming hell bitch from the most monstrous abyss in all of perdition.*

I've always just had them stuck in a roasting tray, and periodically basted with the fat that comes from the chicken  as it roasts. I've never heard of brine being used to cook a chicken.

*lestat brings along a couple of big multipacks of cans of coke to share on his way to chateaux de 'raxy along with a bag full of both chocolate-caramel and chocolate-impregnated marshmallow-rice-krispy squares, some azeotropic ethanol should anybody fancy a 'vodka' and coke, and a pack of IR oxy caps for a pre- and post-dinner treat all round, and a pack of cigars to finish off the evening* Got any beer anybody? I might not celebrate thanksgiving, yank or canuck, but I'm certainly up for a feast with such esteemable company as your good self Raxy, the ever lovely miss K, and Hyke :)

Somebody bring beer and bud? I can furnish some oxy, a box of moggies and cook up various stimulants, or some MDA (would have to be MDA though not MDMA, given the particular precursor would be helional, via means of a beckmann rearrangement and then a hoffmann degradation on the resultant amide to furninsh MDA, unlike the reductive amination of 3,4-methylenedioxy-1-phenyl-propan-2-one (aka MDP2P) the beck-hoff route, a bit unusual though it is, is only really suited for synthesis of MDA, and its pretty hard to methylate a primary amine and selectively obtain only the secondary amine, so its only good in that case for MDA, rather than MDMA or MDE. Still, got the goods on the shelf. Although if I were to get some trichloroisocyanuric acid or sodium/potassium trichloroisocyanurate I could get better yields than with the standard hypochlorite bleach type way of doing the hoffmann degradation of the butyramidobenzodioxole intermediate formed by the beckmann rearrangement on the aldoxime of helional (the latter, hehe, well that just fell into my lap so to speak, got lucky, in that it is at times, most surprising indeed what one may find and obtain via perfumery suppliers. Its used to add 'grassy' slightly floral notes to perfumes, and SOMEBODY just so happened to manage to grab himself a 100ml bottle of said precious precursor, for just a little over 5 USD. and that certain Bee happened to get it before the Beck-Hoff was widely known, and still a very obscure route, so much so that at first even speaking of helional was kept hush-hush and spoken of as 'that aldehyde' or nicknamed 'voldemelon' due to its melony-notes to the odor and the fact that it was judged 'that whos name must not be spoken aloud' so before attention was all over it like flies on dog shit.

Been saving it for a special occasion ever since, unopened and with the bottle tightly sealed, since it is now most precious and no guarantee of my being able to get more, without going through pretty difficult or obscure channels to do so, and doubtless at a higher price indeed than the price of a hot takeout single course with maybe some egg fried rice as a side if your lucky. It is, as we say here, kind of a 'rainy day fund' and enough for one helluva lot of partygoers if when it gets used, it is done so well:)

Or of course various amphetamines of the conventional stimulant type, or perhaps cathinones too could be arranged (beta-ketoamphetamines), perhaps a bottle of ether..
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2017, 06:35:37 AM »
Oh gawd, I've heard that song so many times from USA friends trying to troll me.
Same. I think we all have :laugh:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2017, 07:26:03 PM »
Question for Canucks,

How do you feel about Bill C-16??

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2017, 07:58:18 PM »
I'm very much in favor of the protections for gender identity, and I'm proud to be living in a country that passed the bill.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2017, 08:47:20 PM »
Anybody attempts to do anything to MY gender identity and they are going to lose theirs. Permanently. And the parts responsible for giving said identity nailed to trees whilst their owners are still attached, covered in petrol and matches chucked at the bastards :p

My gonads ain't go-ing nowhere :p

Not unless there's a horny, gorgeous Kanner's girl around who's determined to eat me for breakfast, like that lovely ex fiancee of imine.

Fuck..there I've done it again. OWWWW :(
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2017, 10:08:50 PM »
I'm very much in favor of the protections for gender identity, and I'm proud to be living in a country that passed the bill.
Same.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2017, 06:20:30 PM »
Same.

Critics of the bill say that it is well intentioned but so badly crafted that it might produce the opposite results, not to mention setting bad legal precedent.

Here's Dr. Jordan Peterson giving his critique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN3clJBg4h0

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2017, 06:40:13 PM »
I'm willing to have a discussion about it but I'm not willing to watch videos without subtitles. Not an efficient or preferred way of getting info.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2017, 07:27:35 PM »
I'm willing to have a discussion about it but I'm not willing to watch videos without subtitles. Not an efficient or preferred way of getting info.

Why subtitles?

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2017, 07:31:29 PM »
They're a lot easier to read than having to listen to whoever it is. Actually transcripts are ideal.

In what ways is the bill so badly crafted it'll produce the opposite results?

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2017, 08:07:21 PM »
In what ways is the bill so badly crafted it'll produce the opposite results?
If it's badly crafted, then it was badly crafted in the first place. All they did is take existing human rights legislation and add the words: gender identity or expression, to the already established list of prohibited grounds for discrimination. That's all they did, add for words to what was already there.

http://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/42-1/bill/C-16/first-reading

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2017, 09:13:07 PM »
Here's me with subtitles.  :zoinks:

I'm not wearing pants.