Educational

Author Topic: The Tragedy in Las Vegas  (Read 11191 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: The Tragedy in Las Vegas
« Reply #255 on: October 24, 2017, 12:23:04 AM »
Jack-good points, however you misinterpreted my meaning.  In that I was not suggesting that prisoners SHOULD be treated that way. It was more an observation that it can, and very bloody well likely WILL be done without the slightest bit of care. Even medical emergencies, if they are not so visually dramatic and obvious, as for example a hanging, stabbing, somebody getting boiing sugar-water thrown in their eyes (prisoners add loads of sugar if they attack like that because it sticks to the victim and inflicts greater severity of the burns. Nasty, crude but it happens) or some poor cunt jumps off an upper bunk with a broom handle up their arse trying to off themselves due to the grim conditions, if self-reported and medical care begged for by a prisoner, typically they'll wait at least a week, maybe two, unless they collapse in front of a screw first.

When conditions are that primitive, inhumane and barbaric, and the doctors if they can be called such that attend prisons are primarily interested only in making sure that they do not, with for some political rights based reason, allowing opioid detox on subutex or methadone (subs-buprenorphine, and high-denomination currency inside for non-addict prisoners so they can temporarily alleviate some of the ambient barbarousness of the environment and the viler of its inhabitants, of which there are many), give out anything potentially pleasurable or recreational for any reason, other than detox or maintainence of H addicts, inside you'd probably barey get an aspirin if you snapped your arm severely enough for the broken bone to rip through muscle, tear through and point out of the skin (compound fracture). Somebody gets their head stamped on, or battered senseless with a pool cue then they won't even get to see a doctor unless they are dragged there unconscious. Their rule of thumb basically goes 'if they are physically able to ask for medical assistance then they neither need it nor deserve it'

That is how it is. Seen it, nearly killed because of it.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #256 on: October 24, 2017, 11:27:58 PM »
Getting away from any of the debates on guns and meds and back to it as a whole.  This has to be one of the strangest incidents like this in a long time with the changing timelines, odd police response and lack of motive even after weeks of looking. The whole thing is  playing out like some sort of movie plot :zombiefuck:   In Vegas there are cameras everywhere and I mean everywhere they should be able to track is every move from the moment he came in on the highway till he entered his room

I don't understand why everyone thinks there is no motive. His father was a notorious criminal, FFS. What happened to classic human motivations like wanting to outdo Daddy or wanting to live up to Daddy? Or a simple genetic inheritance of antisocial traits?
Lack of obvious motive. These things typically involve some sort of research trail, documented planning, or manifesto left behind.

A research trail or documented planning isn't a motive, it's a strategy...
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #257 on: October 24, 2017, 11:39:15 PM »
Well spoken 'raxy. Although its surey not improbable that the writing style/content may sometimes overty give such information if anayzed and covertly by more technically sophisticated psychological profiling.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #258 on: October 25, 2017, 05:06:49 AM »
A research trail or documented planning isn't a motive, it's a strategy...
That's a good point. Does seem strange though; it seems there's no indication of what he was thinking or why.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #259 on: October 25, 2017, 05:32:36 AM »
Could just of been a complete and utter mental case fuckmuppet with a wasp up his ass-hole about the latest thing to piss him off.

Those kinds of idiosyncratically obnoxiously incapable, subnormal shit for brains warmongers do happen. One of them is running the united states of america currentlly as president. Or at least is trying to look like  he's going through the motions (instead of talking and being a steaming great heap of 'motions' in the other sense of the word , instead of being a psychotic prick that gets himself locked up in a jail cell he's a rich psychotic prick who gets other people locked up in jail cells, at least first. Not that it'd be surprising if he ends up in one at some point. It is to be hoped so. Or shot. Either way works for me. So long as he isn't turning the whitehouse into the shitehouse-cum-whorehouse :wanker:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 05:37:08 AM by Lestat »

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #260 on: October 25, 2017, 09:32:50 AM »
I've heard plenty of people say Mike Pence is his life insurance. He doesn't have to outrun the bear, he just has to outrun his friend.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #261 on: October 25, 2017, 11:40:59 AM »
He was friends with Mike Pence?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #262 on: October 25, 2017, 11:03:22 PM »
I have no idea. I assumed they had some degree of goodwill towards each other if only as coworkers.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #263 on: October 26, 2017, 09:29:21 AM »
I've heard plenty of people say Mike Pence is his life insurance. He doesn't have to outrun the bear, he just has to outrun his friend.
I used to think so, but it's not even a year in yet and I already feel like Pence would be profoundly better.  Seems like Trump's pandering to that audience anyway, and I don't think Pence would be as likely to send nukes off because someone pissed him off on twitter.  (At least Pence is lawful evil; Trump's chaotic evil, which is scarier in a world leader.)
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #264 on: October 26, 2017, 04:30:31 PM »
Trump is mentally unstable while Pence is the devil we know.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #265 on: October 26, 2017, 04:47:39 PM »
Trump is mentally unstable while Pence is the devil we know.
Yeah.  My hopes that Trump would at least be more centrist are already out the window, so if we're getting all this evil backwards shit, at least let it be from someone who can connect behavior to consequence.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #266 on: October 26, 2017, 05:08:01 PM »
Thinking lately that if there had to be one from that lot to lead your country, it should probably be Kelly. He lies but he also knows enough to be properly ashamed. The mental facepalms that man has had to live through... I'd drink myself to oblivion in his shoes.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #267 on: October 27, 2017, 08:40:25 AM »
I used to think so, but it's not even a year in yet and I already feel like Pence would be profoundly better.  Seems like Trump's pandering to that audience anyway, and I don't think Pence would be as likely to send nukes off because someone pissed him off on twitter.  (At least Pence is lawful evil; Trump's chaotic evil, which is scarier in a world leader.)

And speaking as a Dungeon Master, a Lawful Evil player character is a hell of a lot easier to manage than a Chaotic Evil one.
Mike Pence as President would be a disaster, but Trump as President keeps looking more and more like it could be an actual apocalypse. The worst thing I expect Pence to do is to open up camps for the gay community, and even that's a bit far fetched.

At worst (realistically) he'd just overturn gay marriage and invest money into those fucked up "cure" camps. Mighty fucked up, but a lot less fucked up than causing World War III. Trump treats nukes like toys he can just throw out of his oversized pram. He's very far removed from reality.

I mean, Pence is far removed from reality as well but on a less dangerous scale. He's a bible-bashing sociopath kind of far removed from reality while Trump might as well have come from another planet where he already ruled it as a figurehead but other people did all the work behind the scenes without him knowing. Kind of like a boy king of sorts.

Trump is Joffrey, Mike Pence is the High Sparrow. He's a religious fuckwit, but he's not going to start any wars over his tiny penis and he somehow manages to treat women better than Trump.

If Trump isn't impeached I just hope WWIII doesn't start before Avengers 3 comes out. I have waited for the better part of my brief existence to see that movie (Iron Man came out in 2008 and Avengers 3 is next year). It might turn out to be shit, sure but that's a hell of a lot less disappointing than being reduced to a pile of ash before getting to see it. 

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #268 on: October 27, 2017, 11:38:39 PM »
No one here is ridiculous enough to even remotely suggest an apocalyptic nuclear war are we? Fantastic. Because we know that "He has the codes" is NOT in any way giving any reference to the fact that EVEN were a madman in office that it is NOT at the President's discretion to simply fire nukes at will. There are checks and balances and it would require every layer to be completely aligned in this decision.

So if we can logically and rationally agree with this then we can say that there is NO imminent threat there regardless of whether he truly hold views that make nuclear war viable options.

So what HAS he done in respect to war? He has left it to the people who actually know war and what to do to defeat ISIS. That seems okay. In fact given the defeat of ISIS in Raqqa, I would say he is not doing terribly. Of course whilst many are leaving ISIS many ISIS members are regrouping in Africa and such and he is taking it to them there too. One defeat at a time it ACTUALLY looks like he is winning that war.

As to his tough talk with North Korea, North Korea has been used to being able to act a little crazy, "test a few rockets" and have the world scared and kowtow and seek diplomatic terms to make him stop. Trump went a slightly different approach. He called his bluff and said, "Who you trying to get crazy with Ese, don't you know I'm Loco?". Everyone has been desperately trying to make Kim Jong Un and his Father before not lose face. He does the opposite. Suddenly the tests have stopped. The world has backed resolutions around North Korea headed by Trump. Now, did that frighten the shit out of billions of people? Yup? Does that mean that Trump personally thought that nuclear attacks were the best measure against Kim Jong Un? No idea? Was he trying to make it appear to everyone including his enemies that he was not bluffing? No idea. The fact is that no one except him knows despite any "fact-based" assertions and claims to know more than what they can. It DOES look to have worked.

But people saying that Pence would be better than Trump is basically amounting to, "Trump's personality is odious and he does not politick like other established politicians in the political establishment. We want either a Democrat with Liberal views OR a snout in the trough establishment democrat like Ryan, Rubio or McCain that understand the way the establishment run and upholds the globalist fundamentals".

Trump was voted in precisely because he was NOT pro-immigration, pro-abortion, pro-gun control, pro-Obamacare, pro-common core, and pro-Globalist. Now you may find any or all of those things objectionable. You may also find his personality and way he speaks bad, BUT I have not cared one way or another about this and I do not think anyone should.

If you want people you feel nice and safe and happy, make friends, find a partner, get a dog. If you want a someone to run a country these skillsets are not needed. I am far more interested in two things only. Is he doing what he said he would do and how is that working out?

If you can get past the things like the breathless and hysterical headlines, the US is doing better economically, a LOT better. He seems, despite the attacks against him over this Russian collusion thing, to be turning the table nicely as the collusion SEEMS to have come from the Democrat and NOT the Trump Administration direction. Those that seek to bring him down from Jeb Bush to Kathy Griffin to Hillary Clinton seem to get squashed.

Trump will not be impeached. My personal prediction is that if Trump continues to keep doing and pushing what he is and with the same tenacity that history books will show him as a very successful President but one that was a firebrand and a little divisive and odd. As the years pass, history books writing back on Trump will be kinder and kinder in degrees as his achievements and successes will get the focus and the hysterics and his personality will become less and less factually and objectively important. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 04:31:49 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #269 on: October 28, 2017, 05:23:48 AM »
It's not about his personality (although I'll agree that it's odious), it's about his thin skin and his dangerous unpredictability along with his fixation with never ever admitting he was wrong. Some speculate there is a mental disorder and I wouldn't disagree, although there is no way to confirm it, and if that is even a remote risk (and I'd say it is, along with quite a few people who are better placed than I am to make that suggestion) then it is the duty of the other two pillars the US constitution rests on to investigate and possibly remove him from office.

Those of us without that particular burden can safely and reasonably accurately observe that we are talking about a 70-yo man-child with impulse control issues, someone who would have been deemed unsafe if he had applied for a job with any kind of direct responsibility over other human beings--think pilot--but was voted into office by people who've never had to make that kind of decision.

As for NK nuclear testing, how dd you come to the conclusion they have stopped?

- Albert Einstein