Educational

Author Topic: The Tragedy in Las Vegas  (Read 11166 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: The Tragedy in Las Vegas
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2017, 06:17:30 PM »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2017, 06:30:42 PM »

The US used to have a federal assault rifle ban, signed into law by Bill Clinton and lasting ten years. It expired during the Obama administration. Not sure why renewal never made it beyond the legislative committee to be pretended for congressional vote. Congress renewing an existing ten year old law seems highly plausible. It's as if it were allowed to die.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2017, 06:44:11 PM »
It expired during the Obama administration.
Correction. It was during the George W Bush administration.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 06:46:54 PM by Jack »

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2017, 07:00:54 PM »
I'm not sure who PMS Elle is trying to convince with her propaganda, us or herself.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2017, 07:05:37 PM »
I'm not sure who PMS Elle is trying to convince with her propaganda, us or herself.
It was unexpected.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2017, 09:18:14 PM »

Assault riffles have been banned since before they even existed, in 1934. But don't let fact get in the way of your propaganda PMS Elle!   :thumbup:

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2017, 09:45:59 PM »
Assault riffles have been banned since before they even existed, in 1934.
That's a valid point and the federal assault weapons ban of the 90s was directed at semi-automatics that have a certain appearance, essentially guns that 'look' like assault weapons are now considered to be assault weapons. Though the more pertinent aspect of that particular law is it included a ban on high capacity ammunition feeds and magazines.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2017, 10:25:25 PM »
Assault riffles have been banned since before they even existed, in 1934.
That's a valid point and the federal assault weapons ban of the 90s was directed at semi-automatics that have a certain appearance, essentially guns that 'look' like assault weapons are now considered to be assault weapons. Though the more pertinent aspect of that particular law is it included a ban on high capacity ammunition feeds and magazines.

"Assault weapons" is a fictitious category.

Assault rifles are an actual category of guns first developed in WWII with the German MP-43. It fired a lower powered rifle round and was capable of semi-auto or full auto fire. That's the definition of an assault rifle, it must be capable of firing more than one round with each pull of the trigger.

Such firearms have needed a class 3 firearms license to own since 1934.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2017, 12:21:56 AM »
I love it how you split hairs rather than discuss what to do about the problem. This is just wrong.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2017, 05:29:07 AM »
People die because of morons like you.

Prove it or STFU!

When will you man up, when will you accept that you have a responsibility?

Oh, I do have a responsibility. I'm responsible to use my guns in a safe and responsible manner, which I do. See how easy that was?

Or will you simply continue hiding behind your moronic constitutional excuse? You mistrust the state, yet you hide behind an excuse close to 250 years old.

You're talking about the supreme law of the land in the United States which was established because the founding fathers read these things called history books, and THEY didn't trust governments.

You're a special kind of stupid to think that I would have any power to change it, even Trump can't do that.

Las Vegas, Sandy Hook, Columbine... How much proof do you need? Though I'm sure there will be more.

I'm talking about a piece of bs by people long since dead, and about people alive now but in denial when they should be able to connect the dots and do something. It's not rocket science. How many people must die first?

And you can change it. Not alone, but then, that is how democracy works. Or should work.

I think after Sandy Hook I gave up any hope that the gun laws would change at all. Gun nuts and NRA fuckwits would prefer dead kids over budging just a bit on restrictions.  :dunno:

Of course, removing or banning the guns outright is a terrible idea. That might work somewhere like the UK or France but guns have probably been a part of American culture since before they dumped the tea in the harbour. There is a firearm for at least every three people. People will resist their guns being taken away and there will be even more bloodshed.

That, and the black market's a thing. It would be like prohibition but with bullets rather than booze, which wouldn't be good for anyone except the next Al Capone.

What sane people want (and what NRA fuckwits and gun nuts can't seem to understand) is restrictions on the type of firearms and who can have them. Of course, that's too much and said nuts and fuckwits would rather have entire schools full of dead children instead.

This debate will never truly die, but I can assure you that plenty of people will die.  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 05:31:23 AM by Some_Bloke »

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2017, 05:33:09 AM »
I think after Sandy Hook I gave up any hope that the gun laws would change at all. Gun nuts and NRA fuckwits would prefer dead kids over budging just a bit of restrictions.  :dunno:

Of course, removing or banning the guns outright is a terrible idea. That might work somewhere like the UK or France but guns have probably been a part of American culture since before they dumped the tea in the harbour. There is a firearm for at least every three people. People will resist their guns being taken away and there will be even more bloodshed.

That, and the black market's a thing. It would be like prohibition but with bullets rather than booze, which wouldn't be good for anyone except the next Al Capone.

What sane people want (and what NRA fuckwits and gun nuts can't seem to understand) is restrictions on the type of firearms and who can have them. Of course, that's too much and said nuts and fuckwits would rather have entire schools full of dead children instead.

This debate will never truly die, but I can assure you that plenty of people will die.  :thumbup:
Exactly- all of it, but especially the emphasized part.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2017, 05:54:25 AM »

Parts of the UK (but especially London) have a big problem with knife crime, which is an argument pro-gun folks tend to throw around quite a lot, and with the two recent attacks in London this year they tend to bring those up too.
To me it's about a difference in the damage that can be done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Westminster_attack
Deaths: 6 (including the fucker that did it)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_2017_London_Bridge_attack
Deaths: 11 (including the fuckers that did it)

Whereas here's a terrorist attack that used guns:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Orlando_nightclub_shooting
Deaths: 49

And as I've brought it up before, here's Sandy Hook again:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook_Elementary_School_shooting
Deaths: 28 (including Lanza's mother)

The fuckers in London, on both occasions used knives and a truck, and yet with the two combined attacks they still killed less people than Lanza. If he'd walked into that school with a few knives (instead of the guns he shouldn't have had access to due to being fucking insane) a lot less people would have been killed.

Schools in America (and even some in the UK) have lockdown procedures in case nutters break in to the school. I remember in my college we had something similar because some mad, drunk bastards had ran in. We just stayed in locked rooms and waited for the police. If those men had guns, well I wouldn't be writing this shit.

If they had knives, I'd still be writing this shit though. The lockdown would have held and I would have been okay so long as I followed instructions.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2017, 06:20:48 AM »
People die because of morons like you.

Prove it or STFU!

When will you man up, when will you accept that you have a responsibility?

Oh, I do have a responsibility. I'm responsible to use my guns in a safe and responsible manner, which I do. See how easy that was?

Or will you simply continue hiding behind your moronic constitutional excuse? You mistrust the state, yet you hide behind an excuse close to 250 years old.

You're talking about the supreme law of the land in the United States which was established because the founding fathers read these things called history books, and THEY didn't trust governments.

You're a special kind of stupid to think that I would have any power to change it, even Trump can't do that.

Las Vegas, Sandy Hook, Columbine... How much proof do you need? Though I'm sure there will be more.

I'm talking about a piece of bs by people long since dead, and about people alive now but in denial when they should be able to connect the dots and do something. It's not rocket science. How many people must die first?

And you can change it. Not alone, but then, that is how democracy works. Or should work.

I think after Sandy Hook I gave up any hope that the gun laws would change at all. Gun nuts and NRA fuckwits would prefer dead kids over budging just a bit on restrictions.  :dunno:

The problem I see, is that anything like this happens and what does the Left do....pretty much to a person?:

1. They accuse the Right of being unfeeling monsters
2. They make sweeping statements of needing to take away all guns
3. They climb onto intellectual soapboxes and moral high horses to preach their superiority
4. They push to railroad and steamroll the Right

The Right in return:

1. They shut down ALL discussion on gun control or restriction
2. Phrases like "Out of my cold dead hands" creeps into the discourse
3. They dismiss ALL Liberal arguments
4. They push back against any efforts to railroad them or steamroll them.

What is the end result?

See the Right know the Left will not stop until the Second Amendment is in tatters and they do not trust that the Left will compromise and let it go at that. They feel IF they give away or make concessions, it will never stop. They will be feeding a starving beast that will never be sated.

There are those on the Right who are dyed in the wool gun nuts too, but I think there are enough people that if not "forced" to take a hard side would actually say "Yeah, we could probably stop selling guns that can (or can be modified to) shoot x number of rounds a second" or whatever. I think that there is enough middle ground for compromise. But when the Left smears the Right and talks down to them and tries to ride roughshod over them whilst threatening to diminish the constitution, the Right becomes dug in and both sides are polarised. Nothing gets done because there is no points of commonality between "You all are monsters who love dead kids" and "Come try and take my guns in person".

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2017, 06:22:22 AM »

Parts of the UK (but especially London) have a big problem with knife crime, which is an argument pro-gun folks tend to throw around quite a lot, and with the two recent attacks in London this year they tend to bring those up too.
To me it's about a difference in the damage that can be done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Westminster_attack
Deaths: 6 (including the fucker that did it)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_2017_London_Bridge_attack
Deaths: 11 (including the fuckers that did it)

Whereas here's a terrorist attack that used guns:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Orlando_nightclub_shooting
Deaths: 49

And as I've brought it up before, here's Sandy Hook again:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook_Elementary_School_shooting
Deaths: 28 (including Lanza's mother)

The fuckers in London, on both occasions used knives and a truck, and yet with the two combined attacks they still killed less people than Lanza. If he'd walked into that school with a few knives (instead of the guns he shouldn't have had access to due to being fucking insane) a lot less people would have been killed.

Schools in America (and even some in the UK) have lockdown procedures in case nutters break in to the school. I remember in my college we had something similar because some mad, drunk bastards had ran in. We just stayed in locked rooms and waited for the police. If those men had guns, well I wouldn't be writing this shit.

If they had knives, I'd still be writing this shit though. The lockdown would have held and I would have been okay so long as I followed instructions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Nice_attack

86 Deaths
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap