Author Topic: The Tragedy in Las Vegas  (Read 11107 times)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
Re: The Tragedy in Las Vegas
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2017, 01:12:42 PM »
As it turns out, one of the survivors is one of my buddies from the Marines.

I might post some of his testimony if he's ok with that.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2017, 02:10:01 PM »
58 dead, 500 hurt. The rest of the world has connected the dots, when will the US?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/jul/14/nice-bastille-day-france-attack-promenade-des-anglais-vehicle

Didn't this legal vehicle kill 84? Should ban vehicles.

Remind me. Are guns used to transport people and goods? No, wait, that's not it, is it?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2017, 02:14:18 PM »
58 dead, 500 hurt. The rest of the world has connected the dots, when will the US?

You don't speak on behalf of the rest of the world.   :finger:

But you do for the US? Guessing there are people in Las Vegas and elsewhere that would disagree. :finger:

I'm not trying to, you are. You're both deflecting and projecting. God you're fucking dense.

I'm not deflecting and I'm not projecting, I'm *reacting*, and you seem unable to. I'm wondering if maybe you'll simply never see it. Maybe it's a cultural thing, your constitutional excuse to kill each other.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2017, 02:30:34 PM »
I'm not deflecting and I'm not projecting,

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, you know.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2017, 03:41:11 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/jul/14/nice-bastille-day-france-attack-promenade-des-anglais-vehicle

Remind me. Are guns used to transport people and goods? No, wait, that's not it, is it?

No as far as I am aware, guns are properly used in US as a means to resist a tyrannical government, hunting and self defence.

Guns used improperly is perching on a 32nd Level apartment and firibg down on music goers.

Cars usrd properly is to transport people from A to B .

Used improperly is driving it into a crowd of people.

What of what I said is incorrect?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2017, 04:19:20 PM »
"No as far as I am aware, guns are properly used in US as a means to resist a tyrannical government, hunting and self defence."

Which is why the amendment is

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

One site I looked at said that the amendment was used to keep the Southern states in the union.  Their militias were slave owners and hunters who needed guns to keep the slaves in line.  Not sure how accurate this is, but it sounds possible.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2017, 06:07:13 PM »
Guns are also used for recreation and competitive sport, and some are just collected for no apparent reason other than to have them. Cars too.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2017, 07:40:33 PM »
Gun sales/stocks will go up ten-fold now, and people will be waiting in line and buying ammo like pez. Always happens after something like this.

Some nutter does something like this here and everybody panics and starts stocking up like they're going to discontinue their favorite flavor of soda pop.

They can ban guns right now and honestly it still would take 20 years to probably see any effect, because every gun owner from here to California is going to be hiding and stockpiling anything they can get their hands on. First few years will probably work as well as prohibition did...and that's if after 8 years a new administration doesn't come in financially backed to the teeth by some gun organization/company and change the rules back again. :P

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2017, 12:24:01 AM »
I'm not deflecting and I'm not projecting,

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, you know.

Do you? You're deflecting. Is the right to carry a gun so important to you?

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2017, 12:30:13 AM »

No as far as I am aware, guns are properly used in US as a means to resist a tyrannical government, hunting and self defence.

Guns used improperly is perching on a 32nd Level apartment and firibg down on music goers.

I think you've misread the amendment in question, as QV already pointed out.

But let me talk this thorough with you in simple terms. Guns were designed to kill people. Vehicles were designed to transport people and goods. Now, maybe it's just me (and a few dozen dead in Las Vegas), but it seems to me as if it should be possible to remove the former without ill effects to society.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2017, 12:33:05 AM »
Guns are also used for recreation and competitive sport, and some are just collected for no apparent reason other than to have them. Cars too.  :zoinks:

Why do you suppose those competitive sports happened in the first place?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2017, 02:11:00 AM »

I think you've misread the amendment in question, as QV already pointed out.

But let me talk this thorough with you in simple terms. Guns were designed to kill people. Vehicles were designed to transport people and goods. Now, maybe it's just me (and a few dozen dead in Las Vegas), but it seems to me as if it should be possible to remove the former without ill effects to society.

Sure, how do you suppose you "remove" them. YOu are open to that possibility.

The American culture of hands off my gun and the fact that hundreds of millions there think that it is a right and most of them a necessity and most of them would consider measures to take guns off them as a way of a tyrannical government trying to disarm lawful citizens with the bad so that people cannot defend themselves. SO they will NOT allow that....AT ALL.

So that being the case, what was the possibility you were mentioning?

Sure in OTHER cultures it worked. Sure people who are anti-gun and pro-gun control WILL likely agree BUT they are hardly the people with guns.

So what is your suggestion? Just curious.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2017, 03:30:20 AM »

Why do you suppose those competitive sports happened in the first place?

Because people like trophies?  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2017, 05:43:40 AM »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2017, 06:54:09 AM »
I don't understand the gun laws in the US at all. We have reasonable laws in Canada which allow people to own guns but more restrictions on who can carry. We don't have conceal/carry or open/carry here for the general population.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad