Author Topic: The Tragedy in Las Vegas  (Read 11418 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: The Tragedy in Las Vegas
« Reply #345 on: June 30, 2018, 08:08:24 PM »
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/394715-milo-yiannopoulos-my-call-for-shooting-journalists-was-just-a-troll?rnd=1530219455

Typical Free Speech Warrior.

Loves his freedom to say whatever the fuck he wants. Doesn't want to own the consequences.

What were the consequences of him saying that? Hint Ramos shooting journalists nothing to do with what Milo said AND everything to do with a mentally unbalanced man losing a case and appeal of a defamation case on the journalists of that paper who reported.on his stalking of a young lady

Encourages mass shootings of journalists. Mass shooting happens. Immediately starts making excuses for himself and claiming that he was "just trolling".

Fuck that. Wanna be a FSW? Then own your words and their consequences.

Again WHAT consequences? The mass shooting of journalists was NOT a consequence of his words.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #346 on: July 01, 2018, 10:44:03 PM »
How do you know?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline mdagli1

• Constant Poster
« Reply #347 on: July 01, 2018, 10:47:30 PM »
Because they think what's in their head is from god rather than from them. Psychosis risk alert...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 10:49:38 PM by mdagli1 »

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #348 on: July 01, 2018, 10:48:17 PM »
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/394715-milo-yiannopoulos-my-call-for-shooting-journalists-was-just-a-troll?rnd=1530219455

Loves his freedom to say whatever the fuck he wants. Doesn't want to own the consequences.

What were the consequences of him saying that? Hint Ramos shooting journalists nothing to do with what Milo said AND everything to do with a mentally unbalanced man losing a case and appeal of a defamation case on the journalists of that paper who reported.on his stalking of a young lady

Encourages mass shootings of journalists. Mass shooting happens. Immediately starts making excuses for himself and claiming that he was "just trolling".

Again WHAT consequences? The mass shooting of journalists was NOT a consequence of his words.

It doesn't need to be a consequence of his words.

If you encourage people to do something horrific, and they then go and do that exact thing, it doesn't really matter whether it can be proven that your encouragement contributed to that act. You're a dick either way, and people have a right to see you as a dick.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #349 on: July 02, 2018, 04:20:22 AM »

It doesn't need to be a consequence of his words.

If you encourage people to do something horrific, and they then go and do that exact thing, it doesn't really matter whether it can be proven that your encouragement contributed to that act. You're a dick either way, and people have a right to see you as a dick.

I think that is ridiculous but okay. I personally think that the hate and lies and misrepresentations that they put out constantly and to millions, they have to realise that people are going to wish bad things on them for their horrible natures. Journalists ought not do and say the kinds of things that are hateful and false. Should Milo say horrible things? No BUT he she not just take hit piece after hit piece and claims of him being homophobic, Anti-Semitic, a Pedophile and a White Supremacist either and the people who push this and other assorted lies are the media. He has a right to be nasty back and it looks like he was.

If the media is not prepared to be slammed for what they do in their generally dishonest and nasty agendas then I do not think he has any real claim to answer for. The media at large has squandered their sympathy in their behaviour. They have to stop saying and printing hate and lies.

Does that mean I think they SHOULD be killed? No. Do I think Milo was responsible for them being Killed? No. Do I think there is a conversation to be had here? Sure but I do not think portraying them as innocent white hats is the way to do that. It is not villain (Milo) /Hero (Media) or villain (Milo) vs Victim (Press) and any effort to further such discourse is a bit ridiculous too.

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #350 on: July 02, 2018, 07:02:24 AM »
Milo likes to troll. Milo makes a good living out of being nasty to people for no reason other than he is a professional troll.

That's all well and good. But Milo doesn't much like the consequences of saying nasty shit and being s troll. The media says nasty shit about him and poor Milo, those media are such meanies.

So Milo trolls the media, and it bites him in the arse.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #351 on: July 02, 2018, 09:02:15 AM »
Milo likes to troll. Milo makes a good living out of being nasty to people for no reason other than he is a professional troll.

That's all well and good. But Milo doesn't much like the consequences of saying nasty shit and being s troll. The media says nasty shit about him and poor Milo, those media are such meanies.

So Milo trolls the media, and it bites him in the arse.

Only it really hasn't bitten him in the arse has it?

I mean the have been righteously indignant and blamed him and are angry and say bad things about him.....which is I guess another day for him right? But he defended his position and said that they were wrong and argued with them...which is what he does all the time.

So how has it bitten him in the arse? What is the net effect? the people that do not like him still don't or dislike him more and those that don't know him still don't and those that like him think it is a big ball of nothing. Right?

Yes Milo and the media were saying bad things to each other and are still saying bad things to each other. Neither is the other's victim. So the big story is what?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #352 on: July 02, 2018, 12:41:58 PM »
Again, how do you know?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #353 on: July 02, 2018, 05:43:27 PM »
Milo clearly doesn't want to be seen as the guy who motivated or inspired a mass shooting of journalists. If there was no issue for Milo then why would he bother making a statement on the issue and trying to play the innocent.

Milo is a hero to some. He openly seeks infamy. He says stuff that public figures aren't supposed to say and he's proud of it. But when something like this happens... it just further reinforces the fact that he is a nasty (and potentially dangerous) troll with nothing useful to add to public dialogue.

Once again, wanna be a FSW? You gotta own the consequences of your words.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #354 on: July 03, 2018, 12:20:50 AM »
He should own his words. Little cunt troll.

- Albert Einstein

Offline mdagli1

• Constant Poster
« Reply #355 on: July 03, 2018, 12:22:01 AM »
Don't really see what the issue is. Trolling is as much of a sport as football. You kick people about until scoring a trigger into something funny happening.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #356 on: July 03, 2018, 12:23:05 AM »
Gives you something to aspire to, eh?

- Albert Einstein

Offline mdagli1

• Constant Poster
« Reply #357 on: July 03, 2018, 12:27:33 AM »
Nope, it's just a game. Clearly he is a bit of a noob for being sorry for scoring an own goal.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #358 on: July 03, 2018, 12:30:30 AM »
Clearly he is a bit of a noob for being sorry for scoring an own goal.

I've got to agree with you on that one McDangly.

You're right. He should be as proud of his words involved in this controversy as he is of all his other trolling.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #359 on: July 03, 2018, 12:55:17 PM »
Well, clearly. The duplicity of his fanbase never ceases to astonish.

- Albert Einstein