Educational

Author Topic: The Tragedy in Las Vegas  (Read 11102 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: The Tragedy in Las Vegas
« Reply #180 on: October 14, 2017, 09:26:48 AM »
And they tend to keep people in primitive conditions,
Think it's important for the accommodations of prison to be unappealing, else it might not be much of a deterrent. Plus it is supposed to be a punishment. Once was criticized for pointing out the positives of being imprisoned. Being removed from society makes people exempt from the responsibilities and demands of living in society, so prisoners have a level of freedom that free people don't really know or have. If it were a comfortable place to be, then the company one would have to keep might be the only deterrent for people who would rather have that freedom from society than to have the freedom to roam around in it.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #181 on: October 14, 2017, 05:29:52 PM »
IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE...

Oh, oh, Odeon. You're quite the comedian, as always.

i'll give you all some insight on Mr Adulterer who loves to act as the arbiter of  US gun control. (Could be false, for all I know.)

From his work, Odeon has allegedly profited from the arms industry - he had work contracts with militaries . It's humourous how he lectures a former US Marine, who has seen death and destruction in Kosovo, on gun violence which he himself has benefited from to ensure a comfortable existence for him and his family.

As for your daughters, well, when they get cheated on, you have to scold them for not putting out enough to satiate their significant other's sexual desires. You did betray their mother for similar reasons, I seem to recall.

Hahahaha...

Arms industry, Odeon? How have you benefited from the arms industry?

I am actually interested in this clain.
Association with the nefarious arms industry?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #182 on: October 15, 2017, 01:52:32 AM »
I'm sure you are, but why is that? Are you looking for more drama?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #183 on: October 15, 2017, 04:34:28 AM »
I'm sure you are, but why is that? Are you looking for more drama?

It is something that has never come up before and not only is it left field but it also seems in complete contrast and contradiction to your gun control narratives. If you WERE involved in the arms industry (even tangentially) it would, on its face, be massively hypocritical. Of course, it may be that you weren't. It may also mean that you did have your hands in this and now feel disgust for the arms industry from an informed point of view (given previous involvement).

ALL of that is interesting to me and for those reasons.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #184 on: October 15, 2017, 07:26:44 AM »
In other words, you want more drama. You really need to get a life.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #185 on: October 15, 2017, 07:50:43 AM »

No, I was simply curious. You get a life you dumb cunt. I was not being at all insulting. So go fuck yourself.

Is that better and is that what you want? Curious about that too.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #186 on: October 15, 2017, 08:48:41 AM »
Jack, you misunderstand entirely the magnitude of HOW primitive and barbaric the conditions are. It is only recently after appeals to central authorities that the practice of 'slopping out' was outlawed. This means removing the contents of the buckets prisoners had to piss and shit in during lockup time.

Also personal safety within prisons is at a minimum. Its one thing if a fight breaks out in the central space of the wing, there it is visible and can be broken up quickly, likewise prison riots. But entirely another when somebody is in their cell during unlock time, doing whatever, keeping themselves to themselves, its perfectly easy for one (or a group) person to go into another cell (and this often happens for completely benign reasons also) with ill-intentions, be it robbery, physical assault, or worse.

I know of one person who, because of quite how medieval the conditions are, attempted to commit suicide by ramming a broom-handle up their arse and jumping off the top bunk in a 2-man cell. That ought to give you an idea of quite how bad things can be. And nobody can go to seek help, other than if they have sufficient support, to round up a posse of other inmates and go and put somebody in hospital. Anybody who would report an incident (to prison staff) would instantly end up a pariah and have the entire wing turn against them and be considered fair game for any kind of action whatsoever.

And if that doesn't give you an idea of how bad things can get. I..know of somebody who had to resort to, to avoid being raped and killed by some hard-case thug with a pack of similar friends, responsible for a terror-campaign initiated without any reason than their entertainment, to have to resort to the extermination by poison of the ringleader. Successfully I might add.  Should conditions be SO bad, that inmate on inmate killings in a defensive capacity need be resorted to in order for an inmate to preserve their own life and to avoid being violated sexually? (the ringleader thug in question made the fatal mistake of issuing a threat and telling the..other inmate, what they intended) and dissappeared shortly after to hospital. To the best of my knowledge they did not return.

And there are also things I have not personally witnessed, but just as bad or worse, on documentaries about UK prisons, that I couldn't even stand to watch. People being forced to fight each other like dogs for drugs by other inmates, being filmed on smuggled in mobile phones, known of by the screws, who were uninterested in putting a stop to it. Couldn't keep watching the rest of it. It was as barbaric as the leaked footage from abu ghraib and guantanamo bay. Not joking, I've seen both and there was little difference, only in (some of) the methods.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #187 on: October 15, 2017, 11:01:51 AM »

No, I was simply curious. You get a life you dumb cunt. I was not being at all insulting. So go fuck yourself.

I can't imagine why Odeon wouldn't want to have a personal discussion about beliefs with you.  :M
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #188 on: October 15, 2017, 12:03:32 PM »

Learn to live with it, then.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #189 on: October 15, 2017, 01:21:55 PM »

Learn to live with it, then.

Meh, it is curiosity, no biggie.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #190 on: October 15, 2017, 04:41:36 PM »
Jack, you misunderstand entirely the magnitude of HOW primitive and barbaric the conditions are. It is only recently after appeals to central authorities that the practice of 'slopping out' was outlawed. This means removing the contents of the buckets prisoners had to piss and shit in during lockup time.
Had never heard of it and had to look it up. Wouldn't expect that sort of thing in wealthy countries, so yes, entirely misunderstood the magnitude of what was said. Some people think US prisons can be a bit too accommodating, but having access to a toilet isn't part of that argument. :laugh:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #191 on: October 15, 2017, 08:09:15 PM »

I can't imagine why Odeon wouldn't want to have a personal discussion about beliefs with you.  :M

Ni idea. I think he gets the reaction he fishes for when he insults me though.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #192 on: October 15, 2017, 08:57:55 PM »

Does it help that I'm interested too? :laugh:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #193 on: October 15, 2017, 09:16:43 PM »

Ni idea.

You honestly have no idea?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #194 on: October 15, 2017, 10:32:02 PM »

Ni idea.

You honestly have no idea?

Yeah I don't. If he were simply not wishing to discuss it then, rationally speaking, he would hace said something along the lines of " Yeah, loo, I really don't want to get into that."

Is that what he did? Nope.

He engaged and asked why I was interested and whrre my motivation was and then insulted me (mindless of his own offered truce).

So yes, I have no idea