Author Topic: Article 50 US code 842  (Read 206 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Article 50 US code 842
« Reply #45 on: Yesterday at 03:08:08 PM »
This discussion appears to be about labels, not the actual ideologies.

But carry on, children.
Something I said?

Was thinking about some of Al's comments, mostly.
Children is plural, so it understandable how that could be construed when blasted into the wind of a discussion. This has been a good conversation. Neo-Marxist and neo-facists are terms used for far left and far right ideologies, and while I took the position of nullifying the meaning of these terms, that doesn't necessarily negate the existence of the terms, their meanings or usage. Sir_Les seems to have taken a middle ground on the topic. Kek has expressed a legitimate concern and suggested a solution. While taking the stance against this solution, I've also offered no alternate solution because I can't think of one.

Doesn't change my perception that the labels rather than the ideologies were being discussed.
I know, I know, it's just that I don't know what should be there. :GA:
Could put some awesome Jack quote in there.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Article 50 US code 842
« Reply #46 on: Yesterday at 05:26:43 PM »
This discussion appears to be about labels, not the actual ideologies.

But carry on, children.
Something I said?

Was thinking about some of Al's comments, mostly.
Children is plural, so it understandable how that could be construed when blasted into the wind of a discussion. This has been a good conversation. Neo-Marxist and neo-facists are terms used for far left and far right ideologies, and while I took the position of nullifying the meaning of these terms, that doesn't necessarily negate the existence of the terms, their meanings or usage. Sir_Les seems to have taken a middle ground on the topic. Kek has expressed a legitimate concern and suggested a solution. While taking the stance against this solution, I've also offered no alternate solution because I can't think of one.

Doesn't change my perception that the labels rather than the ideologies were being discussed.
Wasn't trying to contradict that perception, but rather confirming that yes I was in fact discussing the labels as part of my contribution to this topic.