Educational

Author Topic: Rage and I are both mixed race.  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Rage and I are both mixed race.
« on: September 21, 2017, 01:45:35 AM »
People assumed I was white till I said I was Mexican. They became angry and bitter I'm a Sexican.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Re: Rage and I are both mixed race.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 01:46:42 AM »
The racists know full well who they are. They get offended a perceived slights.

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 02:44:30 AM »
I think most of us don't even bother mentioning our race and colour,  perceiving it as irrevant., and also, not  wishing to pigeonholed on the basis of  external  appearance, but rather on the contents of our minds. 

Also a good number of the women choose names that don't give any hint about their gender.  Then we pounce on people who assume that we're men (which is almost everyone) . I've done that myself...and also made erroneous assumptions myself.  :LOL:

I think that negative prejudice towards any kind of "out group"  is actually pretty unusual in the spazz community, cos we're all ousiders, after all.  But people can't help building up a mental picture of somebody, and surely nobody's free of cognitive bias,   which forms the basis of what we call "prejudice" .    It's interesting to watch that in action.  And then there's paranoia, which complicates the picture  further.    And the white people often hate white people, on account of seldf-loathing and collective guilt.    Same goes for some blacks, but without the guilt.  And a lot of the women have a great deal of of distrust towards women,   which comes from having mothers, and being bullied by other girsls at school, and the old  self-loathing again, ofc.

All-in-all , i've no idea how far  you say is true, DFG. I do sympathise FWIW, but see no reason to trust your judgment. 

At present you're acting like a malevolent  troll, irrespective of your race etc.   That's my over-riding impression of you, ATM.  Understanding that you're Mexican doesn't enhance my sympathy much. Should it?

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 05:54:44 AM »
I think most of us don't even bother mentioning our race and colour,  perceiving it as irrevant., and also, not  wishing to pigeonholed on the basis of  external  appearance, but rather on the contents of our minds. 

Also a good number of the women choose names that don't give any hint about their gender.  Then we pounce on people who assume that we're men (which is almost everyone) . I've done that myself...and also made erroneous assumptions myself.  :LOL:

I think that negative prejudice towards any kind of "out group"  is actually pretty unusual in the spazz community, cos we're all ousiders, after all.  But people can't help building up a mental picture of somebody, and surely nobody's free of cognitive bias,   which forms the basis of what we call "prejudice" .    It's interesting to watch that in action.  And then there's paranoia, which complicates the picture  further.    And the white people often hate white people, on account of seldf-loathing and collective guilt.    Same goes for some blacks, but without the guilt.  And a lot of the women have a great deal of of distrust towards women,   which comes from having mothers, and being bullied by other girsls at school, and the old  self-loathing again, ofc.

All-in-all , i've no idea how far  you say is true, DFG. I do sympathise FWIW, but see no reason to trust your judgment. 

At present you're acting like a malevolent  troll, irrespective of your race etc.   That's my over-riding impression of you, ATM.  Understanding that you're Mexican doesn't enhance my sympathy much. Should it?

What does race have to do with "sympathy"?

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 07:11:24 AM »

good question.
I'm thinking it's alrogether likely  that Mexicans are coming in for more than their fair share of racial prejudice these days.  As you were saying yourself, no? So, sympathy on that front might be in order. On the other hand , indiscriminate synpathy with the "underdog" can be just  as bad , in effect as the opposite.  And I'm not convinced that your issues have anythibg to do with race relations. Therefore it doesn't move me much.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 12:49:54 PM »
People assumed I was white till I said I was Mexican.

A coworker of mine was half German and half Mexican.

His favorite joke was: "I'm half German and half Mexican, you know what that makes me? A Beanerschnitzel!!"

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 01:20:05 PM »

His favorite joke was: "I'm half German and half Mexican, you know what that makes me? A Beanerschnitzel!!"

A friend of mine is half Irish half German. Sometimes you can pick up on his faded German accent, instead of vehicles he says "Weicles"  :zoinks:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 01:38:43 PM »

A friend of mine is half Irish half German. Sometimes you can pick up on his faded German accent, instead of vehicles he says "Weicles"  :zoinks:

Lol, now I hear "weicles" pronounced in German and it doesn't sound like "vehicles" at all.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 01:50:01 PM »
shouldn't it be fearcles?

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 04:20:31 PM »
Dad overcompensates like that sometimes. It makes sense a german person would accidentally pronounce W words with a V sound, but not the other way around. It's funny. :laugh:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 05:25:25 PM »

:lol1:   :plus:
:gopher:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 05:34:09 PM »

I have sympathy for hispanics because I know what it's like to be treated unfairly because people think I'm Hispanic. At the same time they annoy me, because stereotypes exist for a reason. I don't want their stigma so it's irritating they have the gall to look like me.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 07:02:33 PM »
Dad overcompensates like that sometimes. It makes sense a german person would accidentally pronounce W words with a V sound, but not the other way around. It's funny. :laugh:

He spent five years of his life in Germany before moving to Ireland, but due to one side of his family being German he still has part of the accent. I guess the local accent got blended with the German one and that's why he talks like that.

Aside from "Weicles" and his laugh his accent doesn't seem to stand out. :laugh:

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 01:10:31 AM »

good question.
I'm thinking it's alrogether likely  that Mexicans are coming in for more than their fair share of racial prejudice these days.  As you were saying yourself, no? So, sympathy on that front might be in order. On the other hand , indiscriminate synpathy with the "underdog" can be just  as bad , in effect as the opposite.  And I'm not convinced that your issues have anythibg to do with race relations. Therefore it doesn't move me much.

You don't understand at all. Try researching how the Mexican government became what it is now.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2017, 02:37:14 AM »
So, yourt half greasy wop (directed solely at DFG) and half some kind of swamp-dwelling mollusk.

With the result of being something like an ambulant, shell-less oyster with a face like a gigantic loogie that just took a broken bottle between the eyes. Only without any of the sex appeal or admirable traits. Go choke on your refried beans, bitch.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.