Author Topic: Majority of Dutch councils ban drug use in public  (Read 247 times)

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
Majority of Dutch councils ban drug use in public
« on: July 03, 2019, 03:26:47 AM »
https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2019/07/majority-of-dutch-councils-ban-drug-use-in-public/
Although foreign visitors might think it’s the country where the rules go up in smoke, a new survey shows that almost two-thirds of Dutch towns ban drug use in public.

A survey by the NOS broadcaster shows that despite the national policy of ‘tolerance’ to certain soft drug use, municipalities are clamping down, especially where there is nuisance.

It reports that 218 of the 355 council areas ban drug use places like parks, streets and public buildings – sometimes across a whole area, and sometimes in particular problem spots. As a nation, the Dutch tolerate the personal use of drugs such as cannabis, and the ‘opium’ law makes it clear that selling weed through coffee shops is tolerated under strict conditions (although growing it commercially is not).

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
Re: Majority of Dutch councils ban drug use in public
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 11:31:12 PM »
I was there recently and smelled way less pot in Amsterdam than in Boulder, CO. Probably less than I smelled in DC Saturday night at the King Gizzard & The Wizard Lizard concert.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems