Educational

Author Topic: Where do YOU fit on the US political spectrum AND where do you think I fit?  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: Where do YOU fit on the US political spectrum AND where do you think I fit?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 10:26:32 AM »
deeply resenting being told to check my privilege

Tell them to check their mom.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2017, 06:36:14 PM »
About where I thought.  In the Libertarian quadrant.
You do realise there are two libertarian quadrqants? A right wing one and a left wing one?

The right wing , if i understand then correctly, think that everybody should be free to shaft everybody else as much as they damn well please, and the underdog should love it, because he's somewhat  free to choose  who gets to shaft him, and also he's free to shaft you instead.... supposing  he can hire a big enough mob to bacjk him up.  And everbopdy , but everybody, gets a load of tacky stuff at christmas.  Whoopee.

And the left wing ones... are the good guys. (We've got Ghandi in our quadrant)

My explanation miight be a teeny bit  biased.  :LOL:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2017, 02:33:14 AM »
 :LMAO:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2017, 08:57:25 AM »
After answering all those questions I was too impatient to read fully the ocean of words.  I'm a left wing libertarian.  Odd fact, until a few years ago I was registered as Libertarian for voting purposes.  Changed it to Independent because I didn't fully embrace the Libertarian platform.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2017, 11:26:59 AM »
After answering all those questions I was too impatient to read fully the ocean of words.  I'm a left wing libertarian.  Odd fact, until a few years ago I was registered as Libertarian for voting purposes.  Changed it to Independent because I didn't fully embrace the Libertarian platform.

NP, I just  knew you are one of the good good guys :)  :asthing:

You have to declare your political views before you're allowed to vote, where you come from? Holy cow. Doesn't that make a bit of mockery of the secret ballot?  Or have I misgrasped this thing?

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2017, 12:09:30 PM »

NP, I just  knew you are one of the good good guys :)  :asthing:

You have to declare your political views before you're allowed to vote, where you come from? Holy cow. Doesn't that make a bit of mockery of the secret ballot?  Or have I misgrasped this thing?

I think in most all the states (Pa included) you can check "none" under party affiliation.

But here, to vote in a primary, you must be registered with either the Democratic or Republican party.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2017, 06:22:01 PM »
You can register as Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Independent or None in Louisiana.  The party designations are only important when the Party itself opens an election only to voters registered in that Party.  This only happens in a Primary when the parties choose the candidates for the General Election.  The Republicans have been the only Party to exercise this right lately.

Note:  Most Primaries are open, which means the top 2 candidates run in the General Election.  This could result in 2 candidates from the same party running in the General Election.

If you're British it's harder to make it clearer.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2017, 09:01:43 PM »

Not really, except for primaries, people can be nothing or anything they want. I'm a registered member of the surprise party.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2017, 09:32:03 PM »
I was dead centre between right and left and two squares down from the centre of the Libertarian-Authoritarian axis.

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 01:31:37 AM »
I was dead centre between right and left and two squares down from the centre of the Libertarian-Authoritarian axis.

Ooh! I got it right! What do I win?  :autism:

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2017, 01:48:39 AM »
You can register as Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Independent or None in Louisiana.  The party designations are only important when the Party itself opens an election only to voters registered in that Party.  This only happens in a Primary when the parties choose the candidates for the General Election.  The Republicans have been the only Party to exercise this right lately.

Note:  Most Primaries are open, which means the top 2 candidates run in the General Election.  This could result in 2 candidates from the same party running in the General Election.

Ohhhhh! In Britain you have to be a fully paid-up , card-carrying member of a Party before you get a vote in the internal elections. And even then, it somehow doesn't quite work that way if it's our so-called Labour Party, and members are attempting to swing it back to the left where it belongs.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2017, 08:01:16 AM »

Five minute favourite?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2017, 08:23:42 AM »
Walkie, thank you for the term "internal elections."  It fits better and more clearly identifies what a "primary" is.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2017, 09:48:04 AM »

Five minute favourite?
not even half-an-hour?
heck, how many other you got lined up, waiting their turn?  :LOL:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2017, 04:50:49 PM »
You'd be very surprised.

It is a work in-joke. I tell everyone at work they will be my new favourite if they do x for me or once they have done y for me. After the complaints of people with competing claims as to being my favourite, I tell them they were but my loyalty is a fickle thing. So now they invented the 5 minute favourite term whenever I tell someone they are my new favourite.
My ACTUAL favourite person there growls at me every time I suggest someone else is my favourite. It's funny.