Author Topic: Who the fuck am I? What's my identity? My purpose... and why I^2 of all places?  (Read 1095 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
 :viking: what are you taking time off for?

* A very needed break? -> give yourself a few days to feel the exhaustion.
* Time to lose more weight? -> don't overdo it. Think up something you can keep doing, also when working. Slow and steady is better than a crash course of barely eating and lots of exercise.
* Time to think about schooling? -> what is it you want?

For exercise, can you use a bicycle where you live? With bags attached to the rear, you could then try to do all your things within a 5 mile range on bicycle. In a month or so you could enhance the range. A 10 mile range would be peanuts. It light on your body, the bike carries the weightbut you do train your body well. And it's a habit that you can just keep up.
But, it needs to be safe to bike, for it to work.

Swimming is a good option too. Small risk of injury. Big effort for the body.

And then there are exercises on line. Find some with some fun in it.

With all things in exercise and food, don't go crazy. Find a way you can keep up with. Make healthy habits. They last longer than a diet.

(In stress, you may still lose them, but hey, new habits probably can be found. I'm going for it.)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 04:14:08 AM by 'andersom' »
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Genesis, how did you break your leg? How is your leg now?  Sorry if you have already explained this.
2013 I was on my way to meet up with my mother at Church. I slipped on the sidewalk near an AA place, and a Barber shop near my house. I heard a pop in my ankle, and I didn't know what to do. It was winter at the time, and I couldn't stand up after I fell. I slipped on Ice, and when I got to the ER, they said I had a spiral fracture within my tibia.

They placed a plate and 8 screws in the leg holding it together, yet while I was recuperating, I kept getting swollen in the ankle of the leg I broke.

They were against the idea of removing the plate, and screws... saying I would be worse without them. I'm only slightly better, yet I still have irrational fears of slipping on Ice, with my leg reacting to the cold chills of the Chicago weather. (Old man Arthur probably came to me too early than expected)
Thank you, curiosity satisfied!

The icy ground sounds dangerous, I'd bet lots of accidents like yours happen on the streets and paths. Yeah, maybe that is arthritis creeping up on you now.

Do you know what you'll do in your time off?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
:viking: what are you taking time off for?

* A very needed break? -> give yourself a few days to feel the exhaustion.
* Time to lose more weight? -> don't overdo it. Think up something you can keep doing, also when working. Slow and steady is better than a crash course of barely eating and lots of exercise.
* Time to think about schooling? -> what is it you want?

For exercise, can you use a bicycle where you live? With bags attached to the rear, you could then try to do all your things within a 5 mile range on bicycle. In a month or so you could enhance the range. A 10 mile range would be peanuts. It light on your body, the bike carries the weightbut you do train your body well. And it's a habit that you can just keep up.
But, it needs to be safe to bike, for it to work.

Swimming is a good option too. Small risk of injury. Big effort for the body.

And then there are exercises on line. Find some with some fun in it.

With all things in exercise and food, don't go crazy. Find a way you can keep up with. Make healthy habits. They last longer than a diet.

(In stress, you may still lose them, but hey, new habits probably can be found. I'm going for it.)

I'm mentally exhausted at work, and I need to focus on time to help my father, and myself around the house...

I am going to focus on going to Chicago with him to his appointment on one of those days, and I am going to do some art, and writing projects as well.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Genesis, how did you break your leg? How is your leg now?  Sorry if you have already explained this.
2013 I was on my way to meet up with my mother at Church. I slipped on the sidewalk near an AA place, and a Barber shop near my house. I heard a pop in my ankle, and I didn't know what to do. It was winter at the time, and I couldn't stand up after I fell. I slipped on Ice, and when I got to the ER, they said I had a spiral fracture within my tibia.

They placed a plate and 8 screws in the leg holding it together, yet while I was recuperating, I kept getting swollen in the ankle of the leg I broke.

They were against the idea of removing the plate, and screws... saying I would be worse without them. I'm only slightly better, yet I still have irrational fears of slipping on Ice, with my leg reacting to the cold chills of the Chicago weather. (Old man Arthur probably came to me too early than expected)
Thank you, curiosity satisfied!

The icy ground sounds dangerous, I'd bet lots of accidents like yours happen on the streets and paths. Yeah, maybe that is arthritis creeping up on you now.

Do you know what you'll do in your time off?

I'm wanting to focus on some projects that I have planned out... one is to find something I am comfortable with exercise wise.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Us big guys have a long way to fall and it can do more damage when we do. Sometimes you do a lot less damage if you just let yourself fall rather than trying to stay upright.

Icy footpaths are scary.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Us big guys have a long way to fall and it can do more damage when we do. Sometimes you do a lot less damage if you just let yourself fall rather than trying to stay upright.

Icy footpaths are scary.

I panic whenever I'm near an icy path. It's best for me to focus on finding a cane to walk with to keep my balance whenever this happens.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
Nice, what kind of art and writing projects are you thinking about?
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Nice, what kind of art and writing projects are you thinking about?

Multimedia, drawing, oil painting

writing projects are 3 novels in progress.