Author Topic: Governor McAuliffe is officially a badass.  (Read 2284 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Governor McAuliffe is officially a badass.
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2017, 12:16:37 AM »
There's no equivalence between the two. They are not, and never were, the same thing.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2017, 01:20:52 AM »
There's no equivalence between the two. They are not, and never were, the same thing.
Within the context of protest there is equivalence. All citizens have the right to peaceful protest and both groups steal that right from everyone around them. There were probably plenty of protesters present who were associated to neither group. Their voices not only weren't heard, but their voices were polluted and adulterated by terrorists.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2017, 01:29:59 AM »
Within the context of protest there is equivalence. All citizens have the right to peaceful protest and both groups steal that right from everyone around them. There were probably plenty of protesters present who were associated to neither group. Their voices not only weren't heard, but their voices were polluted and adulterated by terrorists.

Absolutely,  and not only are these protestors tarnished and in some cases doxed but many were attacked.
I have no doubt in my mind that if the White Supremacists were not there that the Antifa and the like would have started trouble as they have done regularly AND I have no doubt if Antifa were not there that the white supremacists would have caused trouble.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 01:33:49 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2017, 02:59:38 AM »
Real life should have a sinbin.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2017, 04:47:48 AM »
Real life should have a sinbin.

That is the truth.

What I do not get is the whole want to force ideological positions on others. Don't like a statue pull it down. Don't like that campus speaker? Blockade the audience from going in, scream obscenities of them and punch shit out of them. Don't like counter protestors? Throw flashbombs and other missiles.

Believe me, I also think that forcing your religious beliefs or getting someone to adhere to your religious mores are terrible ideas.

I sure as Hell think supporting dehumanising people for the content of their heritage or skin colour or gender or whatever is abhorrent and if you are so hateful that the only way you can get your hate across is driving over people, something is fucking wrong.

All of these things come from bad places and ought to be discouraged, condemned and railed against.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2017, 06:40:16 AM »
I think this girl is pretty spot on and pretty much for reasons as I said

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S2TZOdXAtQ

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2017, 04:23:53 PM »
Jack likes her.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2017, 11:27:03 PM »

Sorry, I will never set equivalence between Nazis and those who think Nazis have no place in a society.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2017, 04:41:26 AM »

Sorry, I will never set equivalence between Nazis and those who think Nazis have no place in a society.

Do you believe that Neo Nazis are Nazis? Do you believe that the people that committed World War 2 crimes are in the ranks of the Neo Nazis?

Interesting.

By drawing an equivalence between the group responsible for atrocities in World War 2 and Racist violent thugs in America, I think your work is all up hill.

Antifa would purge people with differing opinions and change society into a version of 1984 if they could. Neo Nazis would purge people with the "wrong" cultural heritage or skin colour, if they could.

Yet you managed to try to turn that into Nazis and those that dislike Nazis : Bad vs Good. Jesus.

THIS is probably not quite equivalence BUT much less a false equivalence than Neo Nazis are actual Nazis and Antifa are just people not wanting Nazis to exist.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 07:01:56 AM by Al Swearengen »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2017, 11:48:14 AM »
Don't embarrass yourself, Al. Your reading comprehension is off again.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2017, 11:49:58 AM »
Oh, and only an idiot would post what you did. Or a bigot.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2017, 12:31:27 PM »
Oh, and only an idiot would post what you did. Or a bigot.

Sure rapist. Do we really want to go there again? I would not have thought so. I do not think it is good for the forum.

Maybe you could make your argument a little stronger. Perhaps not make false equivalencies?

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2017, 12:42:22 PM »

Who cares what either think? The best interpretation of what people think is through their actions.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2017, 01:02:22 PM »
Though there is an equivelance between groups, and even individuals, who commit acts of terrorism to in the name of ideology. Threats, destruction, violence, arson, bombings, and murder. They are the bullies of society whose acts show they believe their thoughts are more important than other people's rights.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2017, 01:57:58 PM »
Well if there were any bright spots to this weeks show of hatred...IMO it was these two occurrences.

Christopher Cantwell, who was followed during the gathering of neo-Nazis, KKK, white supremacists and alt-right for a 22-minute documentary for VICE, showed off his guns to journalist Elle Reeve and boasted: “I'm carrying a pistol, I go to the gym all the time, I'm trying to make myself more capable of violence.”

...and fast forward...crying his eyes out after being identified and called out on social media.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQUrWlraj_4&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy that cup of salty neo-nazi tears.

Oh...and for #2...Bannon just got CANNED. :asthing: