Author Topic: Governor McAuliffe is officially a badass.  (Read 2283 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Governor McAuliffe is officially a badass.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 08:23:58 AM »
Oh Bullshit he is.
There were Leftist Antifa thugs, Neo-Nazi Douchebags and Liberals and Conservatives. He asked police to stand down and has done his best to denounce all the violence as being from the Right and try to score political points against the Republicans in trying to associate the violence with them.

It is not "badass". It is pathetic political pandering over a tragedy.

Before you say it, I know that the Right is probably blaming the actions solely on Antifa. I know IF the Governor was Republican he would likely blame it all on Antifa....but let's be a little more grounded in exactly what has happened and how cool McAulliffe is.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 03:55:30 PM »
Agreed Genesis.

Someone needed to denounce this shit, since our president evidently didn't have the balls to do so.

The only other thing I have to say about the dipshits marching in Charlottesville is....Tikki torches???  Really???

It looked like a riot after someone overcooked the pork at the luau.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 10:30:59 PM »
Agreed Genesis.

Someone needed to denounce this shit, since our president evidently didn't have the balls to do so.

The only other thing I have to say about the dipshits marching in Charlottesville is....Tikki torches???  Really???

It would of course be idiotic to suggest that condemning the actions from all sides is somehow not condemning the actions. Like REALLY idiotic.

Antifa were acting like pricks. they are on the Left. The Neo Nazis were acting ng like pricks and they are on the Right. Violence came fron both groups. (ie "All sides") and Trump rightly condemned all sides because no parties regardless of political or any ideological affiliation should do this crap.

Perfectly valid to reasonable, rational people. You have issue with it.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 12:19:40 AM »
That's just wrong on so many levels. McAuliffe said what Trump should have said.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 02:02:49 AM »
That's just wrong on so many levels. McAuliffe said what Trump should have said.

Nope. THAT is wrong on so many levels.
People that use their political ideologies or any ideology to justify voilence at the occasions are arseholes and all involved in this violence need denouncing.
AntiFa and Neo Nazi came to start trouble. They both came armed. They are culpable and responsible. Two sides of the same coin. All sides.
If AntiFa did not show up, the Neo Nazis would have caused shit.
If the Neo Nazis did not show up, Antifa would have caused shit.
If neither turned up, probably wouldn't have turned to shit.
Trump normally chooses his words poorly. In this case he ticked all the boxes.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 07:54:01 AM »

Agreed....and every other president had the balls to do so.

“Those of us in public life can only resent the use of our names by those who seek political recognition for the repugnant doctrines of hate they espouse.”   ~Ronald Reagan~

He needed to take notes, instead he fed this...even Reagan got it right.

That was written after the KKK publicly endorsed him.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 08:20:02 AM »
Let's be completely honest. Anything Trump had said would have been denounced. ANYTHING. He would have also have been blamed.

His words, of course, were fine. A heap of bad people turned up among "normal" protesters on both sides. The bad elements such as the White Supremacists and the Antifa turned the protests into shit and to make a horrible violent encounter worse, someone drove their car into someone. I have not seen anything so appalling since someone did that in Nice (or was that London, can't remember).

There was bad on all sides. There was at least within the crowd Antifa and White Supremacists, were there other reactionary extremist groups? Maybe?

What ought to be considered is that it should not be used as a chance for the Right wing outlets to dismiss and downplay the White Supremacists role in this shitfest and talk up Antifa. At the same stage it should not be up to the Media and Democrats to do the opposite and talk up White Supremacists whilst ignoring AntiFa's part.

ALL SIDES were complicit and all sides are NOT justified or righteous and ought to be denounced.

Trump did that. You can wish he was strong against one group or another but as all the groups were bad, their actions need to be challenged and NONE of them should be given any benefit of the doubt. All sides were condemned.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 09:09:01 AM »
Agreed Genesis.

:indeed:

The Nazi's had no desire to show up for a peaceful protest. They showed up with shields and weapons. My people show up with peace pipes and we get maced, pepper sprayed and rubber bullets. (Standing Rock). White dudes show up with weapons and they get a pat on the head.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 10:03:39 AM »
And he did it again. The head of (drug company) Merck resigned from Trumps advisory board as he wanted to take a clear stand against racism. Trump couldn't help himself and had to fire a parting shot on Twitter.

He is utterly unfit to be president.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 10:22:26 AM »
He lacks the temperament and the intelligence for the job at hand.

I think we'll be lucky if we escape the next four years without a war...at home or abroad. If he lasts that long, IMO I don't believe he will.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 11:10:36 AM »
And finally, after two days, he condemns the Nazis.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 11:58:15 AM »
And finally, after two days, he condemns the Nazis.

Finally.

He must have just got the memo.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 03:32:26 PM »
He condemned all sides involved. the Neo Nazis were involved. For some reason it needed spelling out. So he pandered to the people that needed for some reason for him to spell it out.
Having done this, everyone is now happy with him and with his words, right?

Of course not. Haha don't be stupid. Don't think for a moment there is ever anything he can say or do that would ever be okay or reasonable in your eyes.

Ss for that person resigning from Trumps Advisory Board, because of racism after the Charlottesville attack, of course Trump should give them shit. Neo Nazis are racist. They were at Charlottesville and were arseholes. Therefore leave Trump's Advisory Board in protest. There is a lack of association between Trump and his Advisory Board and the Violence and Neo nazis that the Drug guy is implying with his resignation.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2017, 04:27:56 PM »
The Nazi's had no desire to show up for a peaceful protest. They showed up with shields and weapons.
Read reports that members of both the klan and antifa showed up in riot gear, so both sides were viewed as prepared for violence. Both the klan and antifa are classified as domestic terrorist groups, flipsides of a single extremist coin and both with the aim to inhibit the freedoms of fellow citizens. Antifa doesn't get a lot of negative attention from the general public, because they largely target white supremacist demonstrations, so basically fighting fire with fire, but that's not always been the case. Not sure if either organization as better than the other, but antifa didn't kill anyone, and it was certainly worth mentioning who did.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 05:37:45 PM by Jack »