Educational

Author Topic: What things are you very particular about?  (Read 482 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: What things are you very particular about?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2017, 11:16:02 AM »
^Ha! That's funny. I love ice cream that has just started to melt a little bit. That's my favourite.

I prefer it melted.  I will microwave it after opening it, then keep the rest in the fridge.  :2thumbsup:

Ewwwwe  :lol1:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2017, 11:21:11 AM »
  I am also very particular about my nails.  They must be short.  I cut them as soon as there's
  enough white at the tips for the scissors to catch.  That's about 1 mm.  I'm always trimming them.
  Long nails are unsanitary dirt traps, they do not belong in a kitchen!  :soapbox:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2017, 12:57:51 PM »
^Ha! That's funny. I love ice cream that has just started to melt a little bit. That's my favourite.

I prefer it melted.  I will microwave it after opening it, then keep the rest in the fridge.  :2thumbsup:

I concur.  :sick:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2017, 04:15:38 PM »

I concur.  :sick:

It's delicious.  You just don't know what's good.  :M :P

People forget.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 12:50:15 AM »
I microwave single servings (from the container to a bowl) a bit so it's just melting. The container goes back into the freezer.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 09:26:21 AM »
I prefer two spaces after the end of a sentance.  And an additional space between words in a sentance annoy me.  I will frequently backspace to correct these "errors."
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 11:48:15 AM »

You and my mother.  :P :zombiefuck:

We don't even have a smilie that can express my total discomfort on this issue.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 12:25:50 PM »
Bought a load of 'magnum' ice-cream lollies earlier (and scoffed the lot one after the other) and in the time it took to get them from shop freezer to house, they had started to soften, and when eating those after the first one or two they had softened but remained cold, so beneath the chocolate shell they were lovely and squishy. Semi-liquefied inside the outer shell of chocolate, they kind of burst when you bite into them filling your mouth with cold, liquidy good quality ice cream. The raspberry ones are REALLY good, raspberry flavoured ice cream with a double layer outside it with a filling of raspberry sauce.

Although to eat one I have to feel for the stick-end outside the packet, and unwrap from the other end so I can coil the wrapper round the wooden stick. I HATE the texture of lolly sticks, especially the coarse grained magnum ones. Even worse if its a long stick, rather than the couple of inches in a magnum and it pulls between the teeth. Makes my skin crawl and my face curl up in a grimace and makes me shudder just mentally picturing that awful texture. Either I wrap it thoroughly in the wrapper without touching it or I put on a pair of the disposable gloves I'd usually use when handling chemicals to hold them (a clean unused pair of disposable gloves that is, not the ones that have actually been in contact with anything nasty) Otherwise, although I never actually have, my instinct is almost a reflex, to cast away the vile sensation of touching those sticks. Most wood doesn't bother me but lolly sticks are foul things, they should use plastic instead. Some do, but not many, and the plastic ones aren't bothersome at all.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 04:17:31 PM »
Bought a load of 'magnum' ice-cream lollies earlier (and scoffed the lot one after the other) and in the time it took to get them from shop freezer to house, they had started to soften, and when eating those after the first one or two they had softened but remained cold, so beneath the chocolate shell they were lovely and squishy. Semi-liquefied inside the outer shell of chocolate, they kind of burst when you bite into them filling your mouth with cold, liquidy good quality ice cream. The raspberry ones are REALLY good, raspberry flavoured ice cream with a double layer outside it with a filling of raspberry sauce.

Although to eat one I have to feel for the stick-end outside the packet, and unwrap from the other end so I can coil the wrapper round the wooden stick. I HATE the texture of lolly sticks, especially the coarse grained magnum ones. Even worse if its a long stick, rather than the couple of inches in a magnum and it pulls between the teeth. Makes my skin crawl and my face curl up in a grimace and makes me shudder just mentally picturing that awful texture. Either I wrap it thoroughly in the wrapper without touching it or I put on a pair of the disposable gloves I'd usually use when handling chemicals to hold them (a clean unused pair of disposable gloves that is, not the ones that have actually been in contact with anything nasty) Otherwise, although I never actually have, my instinct is almost a reflex, to cast away the vile sensation of touching those sticks. Most wood doesn't bother me but lolly sticks are foul things, they should use plastic instead. Some do, but not many, and the plastic ones aren't bothersome at all.

Have you tried putting the ice cream thing in a saucer or bowl and pushing it off the stick with a fork or cutting it off with a knife?  I don't like wood or paper in my mouth.  Or hair, come to think if it.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 05:23:40 PM »
Pegs on the washing line. When I hang clothes and other things out, the pegs have to match on each item. There are blue, yellow and white pegs so it's not too hard to match them.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 08:30:19 AM »
QV-no and damned to hell if I'm ever going to. The mere THOUGHT of a knife scraping down one of those things makes my teeth want to turn backwards and run for the hills outa my arse ring.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2017, 08:51:12 PM »
.I am full of wisdom, humor, tears, passion and love. I am that which is held tightly to the breast, lightly on the lap, peered at, sighed over and remembered. I bring you foolish fancies, I bring friendship to the lonely. I take you with me to the far reaches of the Earth from India to China, to Mars, to Venus, and probe into the habits of Chimpanzees. I reach into your mind; I show you things that are unbelievable and make you believe them. You must treasure me, protect me: I give you a knowledge of life you never dreamed of. Don't desecrate me; I fill the empty places of your life. I give myself to you gladly; seek me out and find me--I am a BOOK!

Something I found in my quotes/cartoons/essays and other profound stuff collection.  I love books!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2017, 05:34:27 AM »
I'm also particular about what mugs I have my hot chocolate in. Not just any mug will do. I have 3 favourites.
Rarely drink coffee outside of work, but it's all day everyday at work. For years drank it from a clear mug and grew very attached to it, not only the cup but the experience of drinking coffee from a clear container. The first one was plastic, so when it became worn out replaced it with a similar glass one. A couple years ago, a co-worker gave me a large white mug with my initial on it for our Christmas gift exchange. It was devastating, because felt obligated to use it. :laugh: It's managed to grow on me over time, though still would rather a clear one.

That reminds me ... for years, my mother drank her coffee from a glass cup.  I can almost see it now.  :)

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2017, 11:20:06 AM »
Wouldn't do that but mostly because the glass cups tend to get really hot in comparison.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2017, 03:21:33 PM »
Yes, glass cups seem rather unsuitable given the likelihood of boiling water being poured into them and the susceptibility of soda-lime glass to thermal shock. Plus glass has a most decidedly unpleasant propensity to give little indication of its temperature until it begins to grow sufficiently hot to glow red, and in the case of soda-lime glass, get hot enough for plastic deformation to occur. Borosilicate glass is more thermal shock resistant, but I could see microwave heating causing a vessel to superheat, and it gets searing hot before softening (a propane torch being just about capable of working it, to a degree, with an oxypropane-fuelled torch, or better, an oxyhydrogen torch rendering it workable)

And molten glass drips on one's flesh are most unpleasant :P