Educational

Author Topic: Do you remember?  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Do you remember?
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2016, 04:45:51 PM »
Remember when people smoked everywhere, and the nonsmokers just had to suck it up?  :orly:
Yeah I remember people could smoke inside shopping centres!

Years ago, people could smoke in hospitals.  Even in the maternity ward,
   newborn baby  :bonnet:  in one arm, cigarette in the other hand, can you imagine?! 

When my first son was born 24 years ago all the standard rooms in the maternity ward were full and they put my wife in one of the 'deluxe' rooms there were ash trays with congratulation matchbooks in them and there was beer in the mini fridge. :2thumbsup:

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2016, 07:56:29 PM »
Remember when people smoked everywhere, and the nonsmokers just had to suck it up?  :orly:

newborn baby  :bonnet:  in one arm, cigarette in the other hand, can you imagine?! 

When my first son was born 24 years ago all the standard rooms in the maternity ward were full and they put my wife in one of the 'deluxe' rooms there were ash trays with congratulation matchbooks in them and there was beer in the mini fridge. :2thumbsup:

I tell my kids about times when there were no mobiles, no internet, no playstation, no dvds and no video machine.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2016, 05:48:47 AM »

This makes me want to fall down laughing.  That sounds like a very compassionate hospital actually.  :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2019, 05:00:18 AM »
I remember when nintendo was new  :thumbup: I think I was like 9
I remember putting audio tapes into the tape deck of my acorn electron and waiting for 30 minutes while it slowly read the data into it's 32kB of RAM and either loaded a game or gave an error message/pixel vomit.  Later, I had a BBC Micro with a floppy disc drive, which was amazing since it could load a game in just a few seconds.
I remember we had a computer like that, that read tapes and took forever to load. Have no idea what it was though. It had a really cool keyboard. There were games like Armoured Assault and Moon Landing.
I discovered what the computer games were on. It was called a SpectraVideo console.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae