Educational

Author Topic: Boys come to school wearing skirts following ban on shorts  (Read 283 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Boys come to school wearing skirts following ban on shorts
« on: June 25, 2017, 06:56:56 PM »
Boys come to school wearing skirts following ban on shorts

Teenage boys at a school in Exeter came to school wearing skirts this week, in protest at a ban on wearing shorts.

Around 50 pupils at ISCA Academy are understood to be taking part in the protest today, after a small group of boys came to school in girls' uniform yesterday.

"My son wanted to wear shorts but was told he would be put in the isolation room for the rest of the week," the mother of one 14-year-old told Devon Live yesterday.

"The head teacher told them 'Well you can wear a skirt if you like' but I think she was being sarcastic.

"However children tend to take you literally and so five boys turned up in skirts today – and because she told them it was ok there was nothing she could do as long as they are school skirts."

One of the five boys is believed to have got in trouble because his dress was too short - and another boy, Josh Baxter, told reporters he'd been told to change back to trousers as he "had hairy legs."

Mother Claire Reeves told Devon Live: "[The school] have told me that if I send my son to school in shorts then he will be sent to the isolation room all day and if I keep him off school then it'll be an unauthorised absence.

"The girls are allowed to wear skirts all year round so I think it's completely unfair that the boys can't wear shorts.

"Boys just don't have the option and I am just really concerned about how the heat is going to affect him."

Following the pupils' protest the school has said it would considering changing its uniform policy in future.

"We recognise that the last few days have been exceptionally hot and we are doing our utmost to enable both students and staff to remain as comfortable as possible," said headteacher Aimee Mitchell.

"Shorts are not currently part of our uniform for boys and I would not want to make any changes without consulting both students and their families.

"However, with hotter weather becoming more normal, I would be happy to consider a change for the future."

:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Boys come to school wearing skirts following ban on shorts
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 09:37:20 PM »
Heard about this a few days ago and thought, Why the fuck not?

Hey, aren't  "boys"  supposed to wear short pants, anyway? What is with banning short pants?
Aren't those boys with Scotch heritage just wearing something like traditional garb?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 08:51:44 AM »
Yeah they look like kilts to me too.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 02:55:18 PM »
More power to them!!!!    :thumbup:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 03:07:26 PM »
And sport them hairy masculine legs. Who is telling a teenage boy that his legs are too hairy, wtf.
A good skirt can look awesome on a man.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 09:52:58 PM »
Another article I read said not only do they get the shorts, but blazers wont be a requirement, they can leave their top button undone, and loosen their ties.  :orly:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 09:56:49 PM »
And sport them hairy masculine legs. Who is telling a teenage boy that his legs are too hairy, wtf.
A good skirt can look awesome on a man.

I know, right? I noticed the boy in the background of the last photo looks like he's dressed for winter.  :dunno:

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 11:01:12 PM »
Their balls aren't constricted anymore.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.